U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-29-2013, 09:09 AM
 
64 posts, read 84,642 times
Reputation: 18

Advertisements

We are relocating to the Charlotte area with two show horses. We currently have 11ac. with barn, but we are looking to simplify and free ourselves of the responsibility, but with the option of a small barn on our property(?) maybe. I say this because I have been faced too many times with discontentment with a boarding facility and then needing to bring them home. We would only want a very small amount of acreage in order to again, reduce the work load. And, again, having our own barn is is still on the 'to be determined' status.

We are thinking maybe an equestrian community or having our house be within a reasonable distance from a nice boarding facility with a covered ring/arena. My horses are in training some during the show season, but I need a place in Charlotte for them during down times. I am very particular about care and quality of the facility. Our budget is commensurate with quality, location etc.

We want a newer home with upgrades but do not need anything huge as it is me, my husband and for right now, college grad. who will be returning to post grad. school. We would prefer a one story and are not opposed to building.

Thank you for any suggestions, recommendations etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-29-2013, 09:26 AM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,978 posts, read 27,258,015 times
Reputation: 9008
Quote:
Originally Posted by notntx View Post
We are relocating to the Charlotte area with two show horses. We currently have 11ac. with barn, but we are looking to simplify and free ourselves of the responsibility, but with the option of a small barn on our property(?) maybe. I say this because I have been faced too many times with discontentment with a boarding facility and then needing to bring them home. We would only want a very small amount of acreage in order to again, reduce the work load. And, again, having our own barn is is still on the 'to be determined' status.

We are thinking maybe an equestrian community or having our house be within a reasonable distance from a nice boarding facility with a covered ring/arena. My horses are in training some during the show season, but I need a place in Charlotte for them during down times. I am very particular about care and quality of the facility. Our budget is commensurate with quality, location etc.

We want a newer home with upgrades but do not need anything huge as it is me, my husband and for right now, college grad. who will be returning to post grad. school. We would prefer a one story and are not opposed to building.

Thank you for any suggestions, recommendations etc.
Will you need to commute into Charlotte? If so, do you know which part of Charlotte?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2013, 12:17 PM
 
533 posts, read 767,728 times
Reputation: 370
Off the top of my head, Lynnwood Farms in Fort Mill is pretty close to downtown charlotte. There are some out in Union County and near Lake Norman also I think. But those are not close to downtown.

http://lynnwoodequestrian.com/

Here is a ranch home in there for example,

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/79...71474088_zpid/

looks like no homes are forsale in there atm, but you can bookmark it for reference maybe

Last edited by Sloante74; 07-29-2013 at 12:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2013, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Waxhaw, NC
1,076 posts, read 1,999,543 times
Reputation: 1100
The first place that comes to mind is Black Horse Run in Indian Land, SC. Reasonably priced homes (mid $200's-mid $300's) with the pricier homes to have their own barn, but yet the development has a community barn as well. Area is nice, close to everthing since it is right off a main highway that can get you to everywhere you need to go. Downside for me is that the surrounding area is a bit built up (NOT URBAN BY ANY MEANS) but not a country atmosphere either. If you travel a bit into Waxhaw, other parts of Indian Land, Mint Hill, and Marvin <-- only if money is not option; you can find homes with barns on the property. There are not tooo many equestrian developments but soooo many equestrians here, especially down south of Charlotte and North of Charlotte. I live in Waxhaw, board at a great place, but probably not exactly what you're looking for since you show a lot. There are places like Providence Equestrian Center and Rosehill Stables that come to mind for what you are looking for. I hope these help, feel free to ask any specific questions we can guide you on.

index

https://providenceequestrian.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2013, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Waxhaw, NC
1,076 posts, read 1,999,543 times
Reputation: 1100
Don't knock Monroe out of your equation either, since schools aren't a priority. I would love to live next to WNAA

Equestrian Park
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2013, 06:06 PM
 
44 posts, read 96,518 times
Reputation: 43
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Char...eaequestrians/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2013, 08:21 AM
 
64 posts, read 84,642 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Will you need to commute into Charlotte? If so, do you know which part of Charlotte?
Do not need to commute to Charlotte. Only concern is reasonable distance to airport e.g. 1-1.5hr. max
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2013, 08:26 AM
 
64 posts, read 84,642 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloante74 View Post
Off the top of my head, Lynnwood Farms in Fort Mill is pretty close to downtown charlotte. There are some out in Union County and near Lake Norman also I think. But those are not close to downtown.

Lynnwood Equestrian Center

Here is a ranch home in there for example,

797 Lynnwood Farms Dr, Fort Mill, SC 29715 - Zillow

looks like no homes are forsale in there atm, but you can bookmark it for reference maybe
Thank you. Will take a look for sure. We don't need to be that close to downtown. We just like reasonable distance to enjoy restaurants, cultural amenities. I will check Union Cnty & Lake Norman also.

Thank you for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2013, 08:36 AM
 
64 posts, read 84,642 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLShorty4lyfe View Post
The first place that comes to mind is Black Horse Run in Indian Land, SC. Reasonably priced homes (mid $200's-mid $300's) with the pricier homes to have their own barn, but yet the development has a community barn as well. Area is nice, close to everthing since it is right off a main highway that can get you to everywhere you need to go. Downside for me is that the surrounding area is a bit built up (NOT URBAN BY ANY MEANS) but not a country atmosphere either. If you travel a bit into Waxhaw, other parts of Indian Land, Mint Hill, and Marvin <-- only if money is not option; you can find homes with barns on the property. There are not tooo many equestrian developments but soooo many equestrians here, especially down south of Charlotte and North of Charlotte. I live in Waxhaw, board at a great place, but probably not exactly what you're looking for since you show a lot. There are places like Providence Equestrian Center and Rosehill Stables that come to mind for what you are looking for. I hope these help, feel free to ask any specific questions we can guide you on.

index

https://providenceequestrian.com/

I did find my way to Black Horse Run yesterday briefly. I will take another longer look today. I also took a quick look at Waxhaw, but will definitely look at other parts of Indian Land, Mint Hill & Marvin.

And, thank you for being so very helpful!! We are open to several different types of options, but I am always a tad paranoid not to have a barn 'just in case' since I have experienced boarding difficulties in the past and also because I am sooooo picky. I grew up showing hunters/jumpers for 25+yrs. and am back at it only in the AQHA wrld. presently, but may switch back to h/j? TBD LOL

I am going to look at Providence & Rose Hill. If there are enough nice boarding options, I may feel comfortable enough to not have a barn. Our primary goal is to free me up from a big place so that I can travel including going to shows.

Thank you for your great suggestions and for taking the time to post & help!!! This is such a great place with generous helping folks!!
Karen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2013, 08:38 AM
 
64 posts, read 84,642 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by janedoe726 View Post
Perfect!! Thank you! I just asked to join.
Karen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top