U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 12:36 PM

1,796 posts, read 3,819,134 times

Advertisements

I had a horrible case of road rage happen to me today. Started in Union Co. and continued into Meck. Co. I managed to get the license plate and make of car, but not sure who to report it to, or even if it would be worth it.

Young girl pulled right out in front of me, which caused me to come up on her very quickly and slam on my brakes. FYI, I did NOT use my horn on her, although she certainly deserved it. By pure coincidence I ended up going the same way as her down a couple of rural roads, and I don't know whether she thought I was following her or what. After making a second turn she slammed on her brakes, beeped the horn, and jerked over into the left lane. I went past continuing on down the road wanting to get away from her ASAP, and she tailgated me the entire way.....and I do mean tailgated.....I couldn't even see her front grill in my rearview mirror. I tried tapping my brakes to ask her to back off, but she kept it up. After turning onto a 4 lane road, I kept to the right so she could pass, which she did, but then immediately jerked her car back in front of me and slammed on her brakes apparently trying to make me hit her. Luckily after driving in virtually every city on the east coast I have developed good defensive driving skills, anticipated her doing something stupid like that, and was able to avoid her....luckily no one was in the left lane! I went back into the right lane and came upon a redlight that already had several cars, which I stayed behind. Guess she didn't want to deal with them, so when the light turned green she passed and raced on down the road, tailgating another vehicle in the left lane. I turned off a bit later. By the time I got to my doc appt. I was shaking so badly that I could hardly sign in.

Has anybody had any luck reporting this kind of thing to either Union or Meck co. police? She pulled out of a housing development that I go past all the time and I don't want to have to deal with it again should she recognize my car or plates. Next time who knows what she will try to pull. I start to shake just thinking about it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 12:42 PM

569 posts, read 1,221,331 times
Sorry to hear this. Sounds like you really do need the trunk monkey for road rage.
Suburban Auto Group Trunk Monkey #1 - Road Rage - YouTube

Seriously though, I would report it just in case. Try to remember back as much detail as you can about the vehicle, color, type. It may help in the future for anyone else that runs into this person. Sorry you had to deal with that.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:03 PM

1,076 posts, read 1,993,853 times
PShhh... you're better than I. I would have returned the kindness and made sure it benefit me

Old 07-29-2013, 02:24 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,366,711 times
You could sign a complaint - basically a traffic ticket - for reckless driving, tailgating, etc. Only thing is, you'd have to show up for court and testify to the charges. Just like a citizen's arrest. What a beeyatch she was. There are far too many of these uptight morons in this town driving around.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:36 PM

412 posts, read 811,365 times
Much nicer than me. As long as my son wasn't in the car, I would've slammed on the brakes when she was tailgating and let her eat the insurance costs.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:39 PM

3,185 posts, read 5,758,064 times
.When she you got on your bumper THEN was the time to deal with her WITH YOUR BRAKES... A ticket and the insurance charges SHE would have would have been plenty of paybacks.......thats how I roll. Why would you slam on the brakes causing her to hit you? "I saw a small dog run out in front on me officer, A little small dog" LOL

Old 07-29-2013, 04:52 PM

7,672 posts, read 9,861,757 times
After she cut you off and then drove a bit and THEN tried to get you to rear end her, is when I would have slowed way down to let her get far, far away. If she slowed down, then I would have pulled over on the side of the road till she left. If she pulled over and tried to get out, then lock your doors and call 911.

I would have not stayed following her or letting her follow you. Just not worth the headache and hassle if an accident did occur. Don't even give them the satisfaction either.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:59 PM

111 posts, read 280,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanigan911 View Post
Much nicer than me. As long as my son wasn't in the car, I would've slammed on the brakes when she was tailgating and let her eat the insurance costs.
Agreed. However, you still have to be careful doing that. You never know who might be getting ready to snap and for all you know they might be carrying a gun. Especially these days.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:45 PM

398 posts, read 754,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontknwmyusername View Post
Agreed. However, you still have to be careful doing that. You never know who might be getting ready to snap and for all you know they might be carrying a gun. Especially these days.
I agree, not worth it. Some people are just way too volatile and carry god knows what.

I agree with with momtothree... just pull over into a crowded parking lot or change routes and let her go on her way.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:48 PM

19 posts, read 55,860 times
I'd say it wouldn't hurt to try - the worst thing that will happen is no one will want to take your report.

Since you saw where she pulled out, start with that town's police department. Call their non-emergency line, explain and ask them for advice. You'll know what to do next based on what they tell you.

Glad you're ok, and I'm glad you didn't try to engage her. I know some people are saying they'd slam on their brakes, etc. but a) who knows what her response would be then and b) who knows if she has insurance. It's all well and good to try to teach someone a lesson but not when you might end up spending thousands of dollars for the pleasure of doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or