Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2007, 10:00 PM

15 posts, read 57,343 times

Advertisements

I hope the replies to this posting can be used as an informative tool for everyone that may be looking for a job in the Charlotte area. I’m submitting this posting as a way of vocalizing my frustration with staffing agencies (head hunters) and the devious tactics they use to get you as a client.

I hope someone may be able to shed a little light on the incentive that drive many of the staffing agencies reps in landing you as a clients for the staffing agency? I understand how the staffing agency itself make money and that way among my friends, we refer to staffing agencies as “Corporate Pimps”. Just as a street pimp, they make money from you doing all the work. They take a good percentage of what you make and try to make you feel good about it by providing you with second-rate benefits but what drives the rep that does the leg work for the staffing agency? I recently made my resume searchable on multiple popular job website on the internet and immediately starting receiving calls from an assortment of people which all seem to be reading from the same script. “I seen your resume on line and believe I have the perfect job for you…Ya da ya da ya da” I have received calls from as far as Michigan for positions in the Charlotte area. I have multiple people call me about the same positions that I myself can directly apply to on the company websites. I had to disable my resume in order to stop receiving calls from these head hunters. My current employer stated that he received multiple copies of my resume from different agencies which I didn’t submit to him. If it wasn’t for my current employer finding my correct contact information, I would have never been called. As the title state, I’m having the Headhunter blues and would like to know how to resolve, avoid and dismiss them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte