U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-14-2013, 11:49 PM
 
3,185 posts, read 5,764,639 times
Reputation: 1818

Advertisements

This place is buried deep in yuppy town. Who ever is calling in big take out orders are locals do doubt. I blame the restaurant for not holding back enough of the ribs to attend the walk in customers . I am tired of paying top buck for food that isnt really good. Not long ago I went to another place my wife was raving about at providence and highway 51 (another place stuck in the middle of yuppy town) I went with her for lunch on a Sunday and ordered some fancy name ham sandwich priced at about 7 bucks....They brought me a ham sandwich all right. The ham was what you find in the deli section of the grocery store like oscar myers pre packaged sandwich meat. The tomato on it was white and hard and tasteless but you could see it was a tomato.If I wanted a sandwich made out of grocery store meat I would have went to the grocery store..A 7 buck ham sandwich needs real fresh cooked ham on it you would think. I plan to gorge myself at the cotswold yuppy tavern tuesday.......I might even have a beer and get loud mouth. I may even wear a red Mcclintock faculty golf shirt. It makes me look inportant .

 
Old 08-15-2013, 05:23 AM
 
7,672 posts, read 9,875,709 times
Reputation: 7950
Sounds like you should check out the threads here on where to go next to eat.

(Still chuckling that you think Arboretum is yuppy, it's nothing remotely like Myers Park/Cotswald)
 
Old 08-15-2013, 06:20 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,040,314 times
Reputation: 22370
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Sounds like you should check out the threads here on where to go next to eat.

(Still chuckling that you think Arboretum is yuppy, it's nothing remotely like Myers Park/Cotswald)
Hee Hee. Me too!

I live in S Charlotte and truly - it ain't "all that" w/ yuppies and folks trying to be cool -- I don't see the pretentious types that Crest seems to think migrate into other neighborhoods and steal their food, lololol.
 
Old 08-15-2013, 06:24 AM
 
7,672 posts, read 9,875,709 times
Reputation: 7950
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Hee Hee. Me too!

I live in S Charlotte and truly - it ain't "all that" w/ yuppies and folks trying to be cool -- I don't see the pretentious types that Crest seems to think migrate into other neighborhoods and steal their food, lololol.
You mean you aren't a yuppie? Man was I wrong about you! Many apologies!

(NOT! lol)
 
Old 08-15-2013, 06:31 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,040,314 times
Reputation: 22370
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
You mean you aren't a yuppie? Man was I wrong about you! Many apologies!

(NOT! lol)
Yep. I am too old to be a YUPPIE. As are my neighbors. We are all OLD DOWNWARDLY MOBILE SUBURANITES. We spent all our money on putting our kids through college and keeping up our too big houses!!!!

We are actually the ones stealing Crest's prime rib, not our successful YUPPIE adult chillrens, lololol.
 
Old 08-15-2013, 06:37 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,723 posts, read 9,350,595 times
Reputation: 5231
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
This place is buried deep in yuppy town. Who ever is calling in big take out orders are locals do doubt. I blame the restaurant for not holding back enough of the ribs to attend the walk in customers . I am tired of paying top buck for food that isnt really good. Not long ago I went to another place my wife was raving about at providence and highway 51 (another place stuck in the middle of yuppy town) I went with her for lunch on a Sunday and ordered some fancy name ham sandwich priced at about 7 bucks....They brought me a ham sandwich all right. The ham was what you find in the deli section of the grocery store like oscar myers pre packaged sandwich meat. The tomato on it was white and hard and tasteless but you could see it was a tomato.If I wanted a sandwich made out of grocery store meat I would have went to the grocery store..A 7 buck ham sandwich needs real fresh cooked ham on it you would think. I plan to gorge myself at the cotswold yuppy tavern tuesday.......I might even have a beer and get loud mouth. I may even wear a red Mcclintock faculty golf shirt. It makes me look inportant .
you live in Cotswold....
 
Old 08-15-2013, 06:55 AM
 
6,624 posts, read 4,572,047 times
Reputation: 13262
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
This place is buried deep in yuppy town. Who ever is calling in big take out orders are locals do doubt. I blame the restaurant for not holding back enough of the ribs to attend the walk in customers . I am tired of paying top buck for food that isnt really good. Not long ago I went to another place my wife was raving about at providence and highway 51 (another place stuck in the middle of yuppy town) I went with her for lunch on a Sunday and ordered some fancy name ham sandwich priced at about 7 bucks....They brought me a ham sandwich all right. The ham was what you find in the deli section of the grocery store like oscar myers pre packaged sandwich meat. The tomato on it was white and hard and tasteless but you could see it was a tomato.If I wanted a sandwich made out of grocery store meat I would have went to the grocery store..A 7 buck ham sandwich needs real fresh cooked ham on it you would think. I plan to gorge myself at the cotswold yuppy tavern tuesday.......I might even have a beer and get loud mouth. I may even wear a red Mcclintock faculty golf shirt. It makes me look inportant .
Your poor, poor wife. If I were her, I'd have long since refused to eat out with you anymore. Just not worth the bitchin' that seems to result every time. Has to be a real thrill for her.
 
Old 08-15-2013, 07:09 AM
 
1,554 posts, read 2,923,109 times
Reputation: 805
The "y" in yuppie stands for "young" and the "u" stands for "urban". Most folks around the Arboretum are neither!
 
Old 08-15-2013, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
279 posts, read 358,199 times
Reputation: 160
If I was salivating like Pavlov's dogs for a juicy prime rib, and they stuck a Reuben sandwich in front of me instead it would make me quite ill too. Admit it, all of you feel the same way too...... I think he held his composure quite well given that circumstance.
 
Old 08-15-2013, 09:02 AM
 
Location: Matthews, NC
14,693 posts, read 23,084,879 times
Reputation: 14332
If you gave the waiter less than you normally would have for something he or she has no control over, then you did "short" them for lack of a better word. If the waiter had taken your order for prime rib, then come out 15 minutes later saying they didn't have it, then I could see lowering the tip.

I actually don't mind when a restaurant runs out of something, because that usually means that the product wasn't a frozen one that they have tons of sitting around for weeks.

I don't know if it is Karma or what, but I have found that you get out of the world what you put into it so seems to me you probably are getting your just rewards. I'm surprised you didn't try to suplex the waiter or something.

I do agree, thought, that it is not good to go to a restaurant and get a deli meat sandwich. If I want Boar's Head, I will go down to Harris Teeter and get it myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top