U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 11:41 PM

3,185 posts, read 5,742,026 times

Advertisements

I wont mention the name of this place so I wont get in trouble with the bossman. There is a little restaurant near by in Cotswold that has a good reputation and is a sort of trendy yuppie pub type hangout along with good food so it has been said. I had never been there until tonight .They have a tuesday special of prime rib for one buck an ounce . The wife went with a neighbor last tuesday and planned to go this week with me and the son/girlfriend . Only thing is the whole past week the wife told all of her friends about how great it is and they should go. Well they evidently did go because when we arrived the waiter told us "sorry we have sold out of the prime rib" We sold double what we did last week" ....Of course we stayed and ate against my wishes .I had a rubin that I swear didn't taste as good as the ones I use to buy from the lunch truck at work.....I told the wife before we even went in I didn't like being around yuppies because they didn't give a rats arse about what the price of food was as long as they got their fill ..Evidently a bunch of them did so and I still haven't had any prime rib I anticipated their entire day. The wife then got mad at me when we left because I told her to leave a very small tip in appreciation of them NOT HAVING WHAT I WENT THERE TO EAT....Sure that sucks for the waiter but HEY it sorta sucks for me too and it is after all my money ..thanks for reading this

Old 08-13-2013, 11:49 PM

412 posts, read 810,149 times
You shorted the waiter because they happened to be sold out of what you wanted? That's a douche move.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:18 AM

3,185 posts, read 5,742,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanigan911 View Post
You shorted the waiter because they happened to be sold out of what you wanted? That's a douche move.
NO I didnt short the waiter. My wife would have screamed or something if I would have done that.. She made me leave a tip. I just made sure he didn't get the big tip HE WOULD HAVE GOT had our special little fiesta event hadn't been ruined by the place not having any food we wanted. ALL FOUR of us wanted the stinkin prime rib.. We went there to eat .I was going to throw down at least 12 to 15 ounces of the prime rib too. He got 6 bucks. If they would have had the friggin prime rib I went there for he would have got a 10 spot....sorry I think next week I will go and get there extra early and order about 20 ounces and sit there for 3 hours eating it to make up for this week...real slow hoggin up the table.This running out of stuff ant right. You see I didnt mind spending 50 bucks there for what I wanted but they ended up getting my 50 bucks anyway and I DIDNT GET WHAT I WANTED..Im sorta still pissed off about it

Last edited by crestliner; 08-14-2013 at 12:31 AM..

Old 08-14-2013, 05:17 AM

445 posts, read 677,427 times
I don't feel sorry for you.

I DO feel sorry for your wife, though.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:01 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,464,248 times
Don't get too bent up over the OP. It's just more Crestliner's Cotswold drama. Good thing none of his neighbors were at the restaurant.... it could have become a shout-down....

Old 08-14-2013, 06:02 AM

1,211 posts, read 2,298,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I wont mention the name of this place so I wont get in trouble with the bossman. There is a little restaurant near by in Cotswold that has a good reputation and is a sort of trendy yuppie pub type hangout along with good food so it has been said. I had never been there until tonight .They have a tuesday special of prime rib for one buck an ounce . The wife went with a neighbor last tuesday and planned to go this week with me and the son/girlfriend . Only thing is the whole past week the wife told all of her friends about how great it is and they should go. Well they evidently did go because when we arrived the waiter told us "sorry we have sold out of the prime rib" We sold double what we did last week" ....Of course we stayed and ate against my wishes .I had a rubin that I swear didn't taste as good as the ones I use to buy from the lunch truck at work.....I told the wife before we even went in I didn't like being around yuppies because they didn't give a rats arse about what the price of food was as long as they got their fill ..Evidently a bunch of them did so and I still haven't had any prime rib I anticipated their entire day. The wife then got mad at me when we left because I told her to leave a very small tip in appreciation of them NOT HAVING WHAT I WENT THERE TO EAT....Sure that sucks for the waiter but HEY it sorta sucks for me too and it is after all my money ..thanks for reading this
You didn't get what you wanted huh? I guess everyone must suffer... Mature much?

Old 08-14-2013, 06:06 AM

7,672 posts, read 9,831,775 times
$50 for the four of you for dinner? Wow that's cheap! Sorry they were out of prime rib.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:06 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,405,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
NO I didnt short the waiter. My wife would have screamed or something if I would have done that.. She made me leave a tip. I just made sure he didn't get the big tip HE WOULD HAVE GOT had our special little fiesta event hadn't been ruined by the place not having any food we wanted. ALL FOUR of us wanted the stinkin prime rib.. We went there to eat .I was going to throw down at least 12 to 15 ounces of the prime rib too. He got 6 bucks. If they would have had the friggin prime rib I went there for he would have got a 10 spot....sorry I think next week I will go and get there extra early and order about 20 ounces and sit there for 3 hours eating it to make up for this week...real slow hoggin up the table.This running out of stuff ant right. You see I didnt mind spending 50 bucks there for what I wanted but they ended up getting my 50 bucks anyway and I DIDNT GET WHAT I WANTED..Im sorta still pissed off about it
To any newcomer or person thinking of relocating here, this type of individual is not typical of Charlotte residents.

The place he is talking about is Eddie's Place, they have darn good prime rib with very good service. I am sure they would enjoy if Crestliner would take his tip somewhere else. I have been there on many of Tuesdays and the place is always full, so i am sure they will not miss your pittance.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:44 AM

35,885 posts, read 66,920,434 times
I misunderstood. I thought Crest was asking if we had suggestions on a good place to go to get consistently good, reasonably priced prime rib.

I would like to know this, too. Maybe I should start a thread.

PS. I always tip 20%. If I am unhappy w/ the service, and it wasn't the waiter's fault, I still tip 20% (if he did his/her best). But I will talk to management on the way out the door, politely, and tell them why I was disappointed in my experience. And then I don't come back unless I am told something that makes me feel that this was simply an "off" time.

It's not the waiter's fault if something happens such as running out of a main entreé. You can't hold that against the waiter. Really, you can't hold it against management, either, when they plainly say they doubled the orders on prime rib in one week. They didn't know to order more ahead based on history.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:12 AM

3,356 posts, read 8,853,064 times
I agree with not blaming the wait staff.

Now if the wait staff are to blame, I will leave a one penny tip with a note as to why. I have only done this twice, when the wait staff were the problem.

However back to the original post, Karma must have known it was Crestliner and wanted to give him some fresh to complain about.

I find nowadays the more I ***** about something the worse everything else gets, when I let it go everything falls into place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or