U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2013, 04:41 PM

279 posts, read 358,305 times

Advertisements

If this goes through, it will be a nice alternative for air travel vs Charlotte/Douglass.

Much lower ticket prices too. I've been to the Concord Terminal as a general aviation passenger. It's a very nice terminal. They are starting small, but I can see where it could grow into a very attractive alternative for local travelers.

Concord airport wants to begin charter passenger service
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 07:59 AM

3,454 posts, read 3,137,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barфsa View Post
If this goes through, it will be a nice alternative for air travel vs Charlotte/Douglass.

Much lower ticket prices too. I've been to the Concord Terminal as a general aviation passenger. It's a very nice terminal. They are starting small, but I can see where it could grow into a very attractive alternative for local travelers.

Concord airport wants to begin charter passenger service
This might be somethng or nothing based on the structure of the new airport authority. Would it not be a conflict of interest for a Cabarrus County representative to be part of the new airport authority? Seems their interest would beholden to the development and expansion of the Concord Terminal and not that of Charlotte Douglass. And what about the other local representatives or counties in the new airport authority who seek to pursue stronger relationships with expanding the Concord airport. It all seems a bit murky and even further strengthens the city's position unless the Concord Airport decides to become a part of the regional airport authority...I don't think you can have your cake and eat it too?

Old 08-15-2013, 08:34 AM

279 posts, read 358,305 times
I didn't read the entire law but I was under the impression the Concord Airport would be placed under control of the same regional commission. However since CLT has implementation blocked, the commission currently doesn't exist.

IMO, if the law doesn't require this, and the state prevails on the commission, then if any of the other airports in the area want to provide general passenger service, then they should be required to join the commission. Regional should mean regional.

If they remain general aviation, then I could see letting them say independent. CLT is way too busy which is intimidating to many private pilots. I also don't think it's a good idea to mix large commercial jet traffic with private aircraft so these regional airports are needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or