U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 11:01 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

3,188 posts, read 3,649,057 times

Advertisements

I scoured the net for new info on the upcoming Charlotte Premium Outlets, and came up empty handed.

I didn't see much going on, when I drove past the proposed site.

Don't they have a proposed opening date of Spring 2014?

Anyone know anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 11:11 PM

3,774 posts, read 7,012,113 times
They are just beginning. They broke ground around the beginning of July.

Looks like there has been a drilling rig on site. They're probably popping rocks so they can mass grade.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:43 AM

Thanks Native, for the update

Old 08-17-2013, 11:13 AM

3,356 posts, read 8,882,299 times
Dirt is Moving at Steele Creek's New Outlet Mall Site

Charlotte Premium Outlets(August 5, 2013) Grading has begun at the site of the new Charlotte Premium Outlets, a joint venture of Tanger Outlets of Greensboro, Simon Property Group of Indianapolis, and Steele Creek Limited Partnership (1997). Its opening is still anticipated in 2014. (Click on any image to open a PDF file with larger versions of the images in a new browser window.)

When completed, the center will be home to more than 90 upscale brand name and designer outlet stores. Much of the merchandise will be last-year's styles or specially made for outlet stores so that it can be sold at reduced prices.

The mall will have a racetrack style layout, with an interior loop similar to Concord Mills, but it will be about one fourth the size of Concord Mills. The design will be compatible with Berewick and will provide a unique, pedestrian-friendly open air experience with urban plazas. The mall is expected to draw shoppers from a large area around Charlotte to Steele Creek.

South Elevation

As the site plan below shows, the mall will be located on high ground south of Shopton Road overlooking I-485. The sections highlighted in yellow will not be built initially and will be used for future expansion.

Spaces are reserved along the new Dixie River Road for five nationally-known sit-down restaurants. The parking lot will sit between the restaurants and the mall. The mall will not likely have a food court but should have a few small food options.

Site Plan

Steele Creek Residents Association

Old 08-17-2013, 06:03 PM

Thanks, Flyingscotsman, for the update .

I hope the outlet will draw some sorely needed/missing retailers (e.g. Micro Center or CompUSA).

ChristmasTreeShop would be a great addition too...

Old 09-22-2013, 12:34 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,876,978 times
Tanger and Simon begin construction on outlet mall - Charlotte Business Journal

I'm excited for the Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th store, although I'd rather have a complete Saks.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:38 AM

177 posts, read 388,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post
Tanger and Simon begin construction on outlet mall - Charlotte Business Journal

I'm excited for the Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th store, although I'd rather have a complete Saks.

Last time I was at Concord Mills they had an "Off Fifth" store if you want to visit one now rather than wait for the new mall.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:40 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,876,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquafish41 View Post
Last time I was at Concord Mills they had an "Off Fifth" store if you want to visit one now rather than wait for the new mall.
I actually haven't been to Concord Mills since I've moved to Charlotte. Had no idea there was an Off Fifth store. Does it make any sense to have two outlet stores with no full line store, though?

Old 09-23-2013, 10:18 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,713,009 times
Nice groundbreaking ceremony on Friday. Lots of business and community leaders and elected officials. Everybody talked about all the jobs it'll bring. Construction is well underway. It can now be seen from I-485. They still plan on a summer 2014 opening.

Steele Creek Residents Association

Old 09-24-2013, 12:15 PM

3,464 posts, read 4,353,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post
I actually haven't been to Concord Mills since I've moved to Charlotte. Had no idea there was an Off Fifth store. Does it make any sense to have two outlet stores with no full line store, though?
There were prolonged plans to build a full line Saks store in Charlotte about 10 years ago, but all that ever emerged was a giant hole in the ground. Instead we got Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus at South Park. And Hecht's became Macy's, although not as upscale. But I hope this new outlet center will offer stores currently not available at Concord Mills and Gaffney. I would like to see a Calvin Klein outlet like in Commerce, Ga., or a Tiger Direct electronics outlet store. And Micro Center would be nice as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte