U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 07:12 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,429,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debnova View Post
Update :
Return: Left the Concord regional airport WAY WAY late. Had a 7:30-ish departure, but we left over 3 hrs later because another plane used on a route had a problem. The Concord airport was very very basic. Like a large warehouse with only water fountains and one coke/drinks machine. Lots of seating and friendly people. When I say basic, I'm talking about "port a potties" outside the building exit. They reeked and the personnel said they hadn't been emptied in a while. Supposedly, a local politician got this airport built and promptly flew his own jet from there when needed. sigh.
This airline is Concord first and only commercial airline that began I think this thread was started August last year. The airport catered to private pilots so the basics was only needed. There may be a private restroom for them.

Now that this airline is expanding amount of days hopefully the city will fund the airport to upgrade to provide more than vending machines and porta potty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 07:33 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,450,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
This airline is Concord first and only commercial airline that began I think this thread was started August last year. The airport catered to private pilots so the basics was only needed. There may be a private restroom for them.

Now that this airline is expanding amount of days hopefully the city will fund the airport to upgrade to provide more than vending machines and porta potty.
I cannot believe that an airport - small or otherwise - doesn't have a public restroom. Even prior to the commercial route, what sort of 'Welcome to Concord' is that for visitors?

Old 07-17-2014, 06:36 PM

510 posts, read 1,838,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debnova View Post
Not sure exactly what you mean. I paid $26.00 to bring an on-board roller bag. I did Not use the $5.00 preferred seat option. RT from Sanford to Concord was 122.00 -- Way lower than if I had used US Air or another carrier into main airport. Just my thoughts.
Round trip was $110, +$13 seat (each way), +$40 checked luggage (each way). It was a little over $200. There was a CLT-Douglas flight (with better times and dates more flexible) for $255 (at that time). Flights change frequently. I must have been looking for travel during high peak weeks and too close to departure date. Turns out our plans changed, and we drove.

But for the right kind of trip it's worth it. I just don't know many people that carry-on with small children (assuming most go to Disney, Epcot, etc...), find it cheaper. I'm not an experienced air traveler by any means, it was just my experience.

I did look at a one-way flight (for my husband) it was $115, that was with a small carry-on, plus seat fare. I found Mondays was cheaper than Fridays.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:00 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,094,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquastone View Post
Round trip was $110, +$13 seat (each way), +$40 checked luggage (each way). It was a little over $200. There was a CLT-Douglas flight (with better times and dates more flexible) for $255 (at that time). Flights change frequently. I must have been looking for travel during high peak weeks and too close to departure date. Turns out our plans changed, and we drove.

But for the right kind of trip it's worth it. I just don't know many people that carry-on with small children (assuming most go to Disney, Epcot, etc...), find it cheaper. I'm not an experienced air traveler by any means, it was just my experience.

I did look at a one-way flight (for my husband) it was $115, that was with a small carry-on, plus seat fare. I found Mondays was cheaper than Fridays.
Most people travel with at least twice as much crap as they really need for the trip. They pack 3-4 times more crap than a child actually needs for a trip. Once you've paid for a full seat for your child (over the age of 2), then they have the exact same luggage allowance you have as an adult. If you can't pack a week's worth of stuff into a carry on case for a child (even if you're the one carrying it along with your own carry on, it's still their allowance of luggage), you have too much stuff packed.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:42 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,429,220 times
Allegiant Airlines will add two weekly flights from Concord to Tampa, Fla., beginning Nov. 15.
The low-cost airline has served about 30,000 passengers since it began passenger service at Concord Regional Airport in Dec. 2013 .

Thanks for the thread flyingscotsman

Old 11-10-2014, 09:54 PM

174 posts, read 166,615 times
I heard of two flights added to Clearwater-St.pete, but not Tampa.. I live in Tampa and would prefer leaving from our airport. I will def check it out ! thanks

Old 11-10-2014, 10:25 PM

5,863 posts, read 7,685,299 times
If you're talking about Allegiant then it's St. Pete...taking a quick look on their website you can select "Tampa Bay area" which is really just talking about St. Pete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte