U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2013, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,371 times

Advertisements

My family will be moving to Ballantyne in a few months. I have a three-year old who will be starting preschool this fall, and I want to enroll him in preschool shortly after our move. I know he'll have to be on waiting lists but I don't want to waste time researching and applying to preschools that wouldn't meet our needs. Question: what are the best preschools in the Ballantyne area and what makes them such? Also, how do daycare-based preschools differ from more traditional ones? Are preschools subject to some sort of state guidelines? If so, is there a rating system I can check out?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 07:48 PM

7,672 posts, read 9,866,161 times
If your child is delayed then there is a public pre k in various schools depending on what the delay is. If not, preschool is private and there are no state guidelines per se.

There are half day, three days a week etc type of preschool programs. The full days are usually available in a daycare settings. Depending on what you want or don't want, there are a lot of options but limited availability. We just had a detailed and recent thread on this a few weeks ago. Do a search for this using the form search function on the right almost to the top.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:48 AM

177 posts, read 387,831 times
I didn't see anywhere in the OP where he/she said the child had developmental delays.

There are pretty much 2 options here: Church preschool and daycare preschool. Church preschools are sometimes religion based and sometimes not at all. They usually run from about 9 or 9:30 to 12:00 or 1:00. They are often a cheaper option than using a daycare type preschool. Daycares will sometimes offer a part time enrollment (2-3 days a week) or some have a mornings only program. I would join CharlotteMommies.com because there is extensive information on which preschools are recommended and which ones still have room for fall enrollment. I just read about one that had room in the 3's class.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:57 AM

7,672 posts, read 9,866,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquafish41 View Post
I didn't see anywhere in the OP where he/she said the child had developmental delays.
Where did I say Op's child had developmental delays? I said if there were any, then there is public pre-k available. Just letting her know all the options.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:50 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,057,166 times
Ballantyne Preschool of the Arts was great for my daughter. It's run by the YMCA and offered an arts based learning program. They involved the parents a few times per month in classroom activities and the teachers were wonderful.

Ballantyne Preschool of the Arts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte