Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 02:56 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times

Advertisements

IT PM jobs seem to be moving away from the brick / mortar mentality... It's much more cost effective to allow people to WFH when they are managing remote projects anyway.

At least that's what I'm seeing in my job and how I'm going to be able to relo to Charlotte and still manage IT projects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 02:59 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbBrown21 View Post
Hi Folks,

I am just curious - are there any specific concentrated areas of where tech jobs are located down in Charlotte. During my last visit, I noticed a lot of tech jobs in the research area, but curious to know where are the IT folks working and if you all have long commutes.

Thanks.
RB
Hello Robb, good to see you here!!

Have you contacted Ajilon? They place IT people

Old 11-14-2007, 03:04 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Right now we only have some helpdesk positions avialble, but admins and developers are often needed too.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:54 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
An system admin just came up on our internal site. It will be on our public site in 5 days. PM me if interested.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:01 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,218,076 times
BofA has quite a few IT jobs in Charlotte, just check out their job board. I see about 91 tech type jobs open in the area, some more engineering focused than others. Also as their recent acquisitions of LaSalle and USTrust, along with lingering MBNA work, they will continue to centralize where possible. Also if PM is your style, Supplier Manager is a nice role and growing in many organizations.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:12 AM

120 posts, read 370,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Hello Robb, good to see you here!!

Have you contacted Ajilon? They place IT people
Hi Loves,

Glad to see you too, I have not contacted Ajilon, but will be sure to add it to my list and will make sure I submit my resume to them soon. Thanks for mentioning them.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:40 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Sherpa LLC does recruiting for IT jobs in Charlotte. My coworkers husband just got a job at Duke Energy through them.

Sherpa LLC :: Welcome

Old 06-04-2016, 11:24 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
Digging up an old thread to see if anything has changed... Is there a specific area within or around Charlotte where most of the Tech companies are concentrated? If you're familiar with Atlanta, we have a suburb called Alpharetta, which is a hotbed for IT / Tech. Is there a similar suburb/area for Charlotte?

Tired of Atlanta and considering a relo...

Old 06-04-2016, 01:13 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Digging up an old thread to see if anything has changed... Is there a specific area within or around Charlotte where most of the Tech companies are concentrated?
I think the answer is "no", not a single area. I went through Indeed dot com, spotting those with locations. One in the Fourth ward is in the center of the city, another in Elizabeth, right next to it. Another is in Ballantyne, south along the 485 beltline. Another was at UNC Charlotte, northeast of the center of town. One with Continental Tire is in Fort Mill, SC.

Most of the IT jobs seem to be in-house, corporate. I did not see independent software vendors or consulting companies that I recognized. However, Accenture has a few listings in Charlotte if you fit their model.

You might also consider the Raleigh/Durham area where there are clusters of independent IT companies in the Research Triangle.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:41 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Digging up an old thread to see if anything has changed... Is there a specific area within or around Charlotte where most of the Tech companies are concentrated? If you're familiar with Atlanta, we have a suburb called Alpharetta, which is a hotbed for IT / Tech. Is there a similar suburb/area for Charlotte?

Tired of Atlanta and considering a relo...
For the most part, the thread is still accurate. However, there are now data centers outside of Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte