Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 02:56 PM

415 posts, read 607,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Metairie,
I know the argument of 'if you have vaccinated your kids why worry?'. Because babies, pregnant women and those with compromised immune systems are at risk.
I have a friend with a complicated immune system. He has an organ transplant and takes medicine to drop the immune system in order for the body to accept the donor organ. Should he have been around a kid recently vaccinated he would be able to contract that disease, or so he warned me. Pregnant woman usually pass on thier antobodies to the unborn child. Also a nursing mother also passes some protection too. With that out of the way I still agree most should be vaccinated with few exceptions.
I am fully vaccinated, so is my wife. My son has most vaccines on a delayed schedule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
When people post up on a community message board advertising their disregard for public health they should expect some backlash from those of us that DO OUR PART to protect our children and the children of others.
Could you entertain the idea that we are all imperfect and either of us could be wrong? We don't know each other. I understand that you think you know what is right and I respect that. Not a day has gone by that I haven't researched autism since my son was diagnosed. I have a Google news feed bookmarked into my phone in case anything new or important comes in. I also want what's right for my son. I fear my son could have genetic predisposition for vaccination injury. If only the government would do proper research instead of whitewashing the problem I'd feel a lot better about.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:28 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
Meck County is about the Copperhead capital of the universe. Watch where you step after dark, especially on steps, sidewalks, driveways and streets. ---they love the latent heat. Also, watch where you put your hands when gardening. Can't help you much on vaccinations. All my kids were vaccinated and I am thankful for it. My free advice is that you would be better served understanding, rather than turning your back on vaccine.

Good luck.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:31 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metairie View Post
I've read quite a lot. There is a good argument to or not too vaccinate. I think most people should vaccinate. My son had a terrible reaction and now has High Functioning Autism known as PDD. I fear the next one won't go over so well. If you know a good pediatrician that will see my son without forcing any other vaccines on me I would really be grateful. If you know one please PM me.

There are lots of discovered links to autism, yet no known cause for all of it. North Carolina has lead a lot of research in this department too.
I have a very good friend who is currently going through what you are. If she has anything to share I will pass it on to you. Wish you the best!

Old 09-02-2013, 06:40 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,597,689 times
Trying to bring this a bit back to the OP, OP I think that there might be some confusion here. sometimes it comes off as if you are implying a bad batch of vaccines gave your child autism, and at other times, you seem to imply that you know that vaccines don't cause it, and rather your child had some other adverse reaction to vaccines. Can you please clarify which one it is? and if it's the latter, mind filling us in on what specifically happened?

Old 09-02-2013, 07:33 PM

140 posts, read 239,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Please, please educate yourself before telling such untruths...the resurgence of whooping cough and also measles is not stemming from children whose parents choose not to vaccinate. It is coming from mexico and other nations being brought into this "melting pot".

It is a parents right to not choose to vaccinate just as much as it anothers to vaccinate.....but before speaking please clarify that such things as you have posted here are just that your thoughts and opinions. You are trying to pass off your opinion as fact and you are wayyyy off base.
Why listen to experts when you can blame immigrants, am I right?

Sorry, I am humble enough not to presume I know better than the people who dedicate their lives to studying such things.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:54 PM

We don't know. No one does. My son had a bad reaction that lasted at least a week after a vaccine and he's been autistic since. It could be a bad vaccine, my son could have a genetic predisposition. I'm not on the anti vaccine train either. My son had most of his vaccines until we had a reaction. I fear the MMR over it. 2 separate old friend of mine had a neurotypical child with a large vocabulary, got the MMR shot and immediately became autistic. I'm not going to make a sceptical claim that vaccines are the sole cause, but perhaps play a role. There is a lot of evidence to support this, and there is zero evidence that vaccines are completely safe. There are zero cases of autistic children who are non-vaccinated. I'm not stating that autism is caused by vaccines. I do think something bad happens to an autistic child when he gets a vaccine.

We call it autism for lack of a better word. PDD NOS is the diagnosis (Pervasive Display Disorder not otherwise stated) and is under the autism spectrum umbrella.
Some of the recent links are: age of parents, inducing labor, air pollution, leaky gut syndrome, a few missing gut bacteria strains in the digestive tract seen in normal kids, autoimmune problems, genetics, environment, mercury, mothers antibodies which may attack the developing child's brain, abnormal placenta, and the list goes on. Autism is complex. Until you have the cure for autism and permanent brain damage please withhold judgement.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theory87 View Post
Why listen to experts when you can blame immigrants, am I right?
I think most cases are traced back to Europe where vaccines are less popular.
Measles Outbreaks 2013 - Recent Outbreaks and Exposures

Old 09-02-2013, 09:12 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,961,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metairie View Post
I think most cases are traced back to Europe where vaccines are less popular.
Measles Outbreaks 2013 - Recent Outbreaks and Exposures

Most people when they come here legally have to get immunizations.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:16 PM

23 posts, read 36,105 times
There are copperheads in Charlotte area. Many people I know ran into one this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte