Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 07:29 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,147,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
It's called a conflict of interest and would've been raked over the coals for being involved in any matters related to Charlotte....don't you think?

No. I think it's called on your way to the top. Foxx isn't interested in Charlotte anymore. It was only a stepping stone to DC. See if any other of his other projects get funded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 12:14 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
I dont know too much about all that street car stuff. I did hear that the fella that was pushing the whole thing forward and about had the deal done,SUDDENLY WALKED OFF THA JOB.. Like I said I dont know much more about it other than that,

Old 09-07-2013, 01:03 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
No. I think it's called on your way to the top. Foxx isn't interested in Charlotte anymore. It was only a stepping stone to DC. See if any other of his other projects get funded.
Well, his job title changed a bit. When people get promoted on any job their responsibilities usually expand and if you haven't noticed, the US is a large place and being laser-focused on Charlotte isn't in the job title. I am quite sure he'll continue to do any and everything to make Charlotte's transportation infrastructure stronger when possible. So people climbing the ladder like new governor (McCrory) no longer care about Charlotte?

What other projects? Would you care to enlightened.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I dont know too much about all that street car stuff. I did hear that the fella that was pushing the whole thing forward and about had the deal done,SUDDENLY WALKED OFF THA JOB.. Like I said I dont know much more about it other than that,
I think those four words kind of sum it up in regards to your knowledge about the streetcar project in Charlotte.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:39 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
Quote:
I think those four words kind of sum it up in regards to your knowledge about the streetcar project in Charlotte.
lol No the 4 words Im thinkin of is "walked of tha job"

Old 09-07-2013, 11:28 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I'm not a fan of the guy but the news reported that A. Fox was not involved in the decision as he had recused himself from any matters involving Charlotte for 1 year after taking on his new role.
This means that year one will mean little or nothing for Charlotte. Year two means Charlotte gets something. Year three means that the whole area hits the jackpot.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
lol No the 4 words Im thinkin of is "walked of tha job"
Again, this goes back to you don't know much about the street car project ("stuff") which you clearly stated.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:24 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Why don't we just apply for money directly from China? You know, skip the middleman (the federal government, as borrower). The Chinese are big into mass transit. I bet they could come in here and get everything up and running in no time, including the rest of our light rail system.

Maybe we should write our Congressmen and ask them to have a chat with the Chinese.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Why don't we just apply for money directly from China? You know, skip the middleman (the federal government, as borrower). The Chinese are big into mass transit. I bet they could come in here and get everything up and running in no time, including the rest of our light rail system.

Maybe we should write our Congressmen and ask them to have a chat with the Chinese.
Maybe you should have the Pentagon/Department of Defense call the Chinese directly....that's where the bulk of the money is going...wars are big business for gubment contractors and other leeches.

At least the streetcar and other forms of mass transit like the wasteful idea called the interstate system will see some domestic benefits.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:49 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Maybe you should have the Pentagon/Department of Defense call the Chinese directly....that's where the bulk of the money is going...wars are big business for gubment contractors and other leeches.

At least the streetcar and other forms of mass transit like the wasteful idea called the interstate system will see some domestic benefits.
Not putting down mass transit, at all! And certainly I am not maligning the interstate system. Paying for upkeep on that system, regardless of its importance, is, nevertheless, funded by borrowed dollars. We can't keep pretending this country is not woefully in debt! We have to concentrate on what is necessary at this point, rather than what we want.

Just questioning the financing aspect of it all (all federal spending). . . and priorities . . . when we are so heavily indebted, especially to China.

And I agree with you 100% that wars are big business. The caveat to that, however, is that the manufacturing end of making war (and war material) no longer leads to jobs as it did in decades past. Our manufacturing has moved out of this country, for the most part. Do we even have a complex (ONE?) that can actually make a battleship from the bottom up?

It really would make more sense for local governments to fund their own projects and stop relying on the federal government, whatever the reasons for federal debt. And if any particular local government cannot AFFORD a specific project, then they simply don't move forward til they can work out the financing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte