Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 02:07 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,431,579 times

Advertisements

DeAngelo is beasting it today.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:29 PM

7,051 posts, read 12,262,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Where was this guy 10 weeks ago. Heck, where was this team 10 weeks ago????

Old 12-30-2012, 08:48 PM

15,360 posts, read 12,544,787 times
Williams was the same guy 10 weeks ago but he wasnt getting the ball. Chud stopped the gimmicky, fancy stuff with Cam and started giving the ball to the RB's...

Hopefully they will start the season like this next year...

It also looks like the Badcats have adopted the Panthers 4th quarter collapse.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,248,030 times
odds Rivera is back next year?

Old 12-30-2012, 09:48 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,248,030 times
Quote:
Yes he did...only took him to week 16 to get his first game with 100+ rushing yards (and only his second with more than 70).

Meanwhile, RGIII's non-weapon of an RB is almost matching Williams' day today and isn't far off from the one year he was actually a top RB.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:28 AM

3,859 posts, read 4,234,705 times
Quote:
Only Luck is below him. Griffin actually is #2 in passer rating and Wilson is #7.

It is more than numbers. Andrew Luck brought the intangibles and instantly took on the leadership role on/off the field. He didn't hide under a towel. He took a team that was the worst last year on his back and rode them to the playoffs. Expectations were extremely low. It was because he would finish games in the fourth.

Fun Fact: He broke those Rookie Records people praise Newton for. And that was with OTAs...
- Most passing yards in a game by a rookie (433)
- Most passing yards on the season by a rookie (4,183 and counting)
- Most game winning drives by a rookie QB (7)
- Most fourth comebacks by a rookie QB (6)

Coaching is a part of it. The other part is executing it. Cam has disappeared in the fourth in most games this year. These last few games he actually does HIS PART and they are winning.

Everyone talks with their parents. Newton knew what was going on. Everyone else is in denial given his track record.
How was the "I am a lion" statement suppose to inspire teammates? It was a statement to make him look good while bashing his teammates. Plain and simple. Did he learn... The antics continued into this year with his "same director, same script" speech. His crying into towels had to be called out by teammates. Holding the bus up after the first Atlanta game. He then chestbumps a ref. What's next...
Let it go man...let it go. Let he without sin cast the first stone. What about his work in the community, committing time and resources, etc. People tend to dwell on negatives instead of the good deeds of a man. It's very similar to the lopsided negative portrayal of NBA players...99% of the players are law abiding upstanding pillars of the community, yet classified as "thugs". No way a certain segment of society wants to believe or hear that.....its much more convenient to stick with the stereotypes and believe twisted stories hatched by media pundits with an agenda. Yes, he was delayed getting on the team bus in Atlanta but the haters will immediately feed the troll nation with erroneous information to appease the hate-cult. Cam was last to leave the locker and addressed a slew of media questions following a devastating loss:

NFL Rumors: Did Cam Newton Make his Teammates Wait?

Cam's emotional, total competitor and willing to go the extra mile for a win. Brady blasted his entire team (threw under the bus) after the Jags games last week.

The Raiders were trying to "hurt" Cam and basically an eye-for-an-eye after the Panthers took out Palmer. Come on, it's the RAIDERs...need I say more? Cam has never reacted that way during the game and gets pounded a lot.

You seem to take special interest in seeing Cam fail on and off the field....basically a classless and tasteless position in my opinion....definitely NOT the position of a true fan. Being critical of some of Cams youthful antics and growing pains through the maturation process is fine...but wishing him to "fail" and continue to discredit his contributions to the team and community is simply hate and sickening. Were you cheering when he was injured like many of the Saints fans?...Probably.

Good article:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...ess-wipes.html

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 12-31-2012 at 08:11 AM..

Old 12-31-2012, 08:23 AM

3,859 posts, read 4,234,705 times
Sure, Luck is a better QB, he should be! He's extremely talented, been groomed since a toddler on how to read defenses, and spent a FULL 3 years in D-I collegiate football. Cam spent 1 year in a spread offense in D-I football,...his football IQ entering the league isn't on the level of Luck and RGIII by virtue of experience.

And quite frankly, RGIII and Luck are more accurate passers, some of that is due to Cam's indecision which will only improve in time.

I don't think Cam has disappeared in the 4th Quarter but the coaching did....extremely too conservative at times (especially on defense during latter parts of the game) and lack of a consistent running game are the true culprits for Panthers being 7-9 versus 10-6 or 11-5. As the old saying goes, the only thing a prevent defense does is prevent you from winning....watching the latter part of the 4th quarter of the Saints game with that soft defense is gonna have to change. There is no law against blitzing, especially on 4th down with Brees at QB. Given time to the throw the ball, he will score a TD. I hope they reconsider this strategy during the off season.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:32 AM

569 posts, read 1,400,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Where was this guy 10 weeks ago. Heck, where was this team 10 weeks ago????

No Doubt! I suspect that since it is end of season Williams figures he better show out. He really did not do a whole lot this season until the last 3 or 4 games. I like him personally, he seems like he has a real positive attitude on the field....but lets face it he is really a B level runningback that is getting paid like an A level star and he is probably a little nervous. Hence his performance the last few games. I think Stewart won't be around next year either.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:49 PM

7,051 posts, read 12,262,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
odds Rivera is back next year?
That's a question for the new GM to answer. IMO, Rivera won't get this team to the playoffs next season. Then again, is there really a head coach out there (an available one) that can do better right now? I don't think there is.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:50 PM

15,360 posts, read 12,544,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
That's a question for the new GM to answer. IMO, Rivera won't get this team to the playoffs next season. Then again, is there really a head coach out there (an available one) that can do better right now? I don't think there is.
Ken Whizenhunt
Lovie Smith
Chain Gailey
Norv Turner
Pat Shurmun
Romeo Cremmel sp

Ton of names to choose from but I have no idea if they can do more good than harm. Players can do funny things when a new coach comes in amd moves things around.

As far as Williams is concerned... he wasnt given the touches needed to show out before the last 4 games. Also have to look at the OL... did they simplify assignments? Finally gel? This wasnt the same OL at the beginning of the year... protection and blocking improved a ton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte