Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 09:17 AM

15,360 posts, read 12,544,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Also its unhealthy for a grown man such as yourself to have such a huge mancrush as you do for Cam.
Thanks for the diagnosis doc. Sorry it took so long to respond, I was out last night peaking in Cam's window!

This is a thread about Charlotte needing Cam because he is an exciting football talent. You are talking bout things that have nothing to do with football and its a pathetic attempt to spin this into more than it is.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:28 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,248,030 times
Quote:
Some say he is immature, but almost all his teammates are the same age.
Uh, no they're not. I'm not excusing his behavior, but the point I was making about the Panthers and Bobcats not having hardly any stars is that you can probably count on one hand the number of them that actually had enough talent to even be "pompous" about.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Felt if I really wanted to I could take the time and list every professional athlete I've ever had in my restaurant. At the end of the day I would have bad things to say about 5 of them. I don't run some hole in the wall place. Its a great company with great people working there. Almost all my servers have over 5 years with the company. The Ritz carlton puts it best. We are ladies and gentleman serving ladies and gentleman. There is very little bad mouthing of any of our guests. Then again we deal with very few undesirables. I will say Cam has never been a jerk. He is just pompous, and has made some comments that make you shake your head. Some say he is immature, but almost all his teammates are the same age.
When someone is called immature it's because they aren't acting their age...

...and I repeat, I don't care what Cam does in a restaurant. As long as he isn't breaking any laws or smacking babies I don't think it's a big deal. I think this ESPN culture where you need to know everything about an athlete on and off the field is the real problem. He isn't a role model or mentor in my life.... All I'm concerned with is his performance on Sundays at 1pm.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:25 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,431,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

...and I repeat, I don't care what Cam does in a restaurant. As long as he isn't breaking any laws or smacking babies I don't think it's a big deal. I think this ESPN culture where you need to know everything about an athlete on and off the field is the real problem. He isn't a role model or mentor in my life.... All I'm concerned with is his performance on Sundays at 1pm.
You sure were ok with him stealing laptops/evading police (2 laws broken that night). You sure were ok with "his family" (he is as guilty as anyone involved) shopping him to schools (that is NCAA bylaws broken). Fact: 99.99% (the .01% being Newton) of JuCo transfer student athletes don't/didn't have the NCAA bring on investigations on them.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:30 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,841,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
You sure were ok with him stealing laptops/evading police (2 laws broken that night). You sure were ok with "his family" (he is as guilty as anyone involved) shopping him to schools (that is NCAA bylaws broken). Fact: 99.99% (the .01% being Newton) of JuCo transfer student athletes don't/didn't have the NCAA bring on investigations on them.
I remember when people in Florida(transplants) forgave O.J. Simpson since "he is O.J.Simpson." I put a persons character over their profession. If Newton wasn't a pampered football player in college, he would likely be on the chain gang.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Those crimes are horrible and really paint the Panthers in a negative light. Lock him under the jail and throw away the key.

An athlete getting in trouble in the SEC? I'm shocked.... He should be banned from the NFL. This is unheard of and really makes me question the integrity of the NFL.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindibadji View Post
I remember when people in Florida(transplants) forgave O.J. Simpson since "he is O.J.Simpson." I put a persons character over their profession. If Newton wasn't a pampered football player in college, he would likely be on the chain gang.
OJ? Why not use Ray Caruth since he used to be a Panther...

The jealousy is strong in this thread. LOL.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:07 PM

359 posts, read 588,589 times
Congrats on your 7-9 season Panther fans!

Old 01-07-2013, 07:46 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,570,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

Well see there is plenty of us that do care about people's off field actions. I have a guy that is going to get fired today because of things in his past. Did it happen at work? No. Did it happen while he was employed with us? Nope, but see we care about certain things.

There are plenty of us that care about people's character, and while your just worried about his sunday performance, understand that his Character will affect his Sunday performance. Some would argue it already has.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:50 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,570,348 times
Quote:
That stuff doesn't matter to felt. He is just worried about Td's and records. He can't even be honest about his man crush. You better believe if he was out at the soup kitchen every week, and doing all kinds of public goodwill he would be on here touting that, but since that isn't the case, and he is a young man of questionable character, his character doesn't matter only what his does on the football field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte