Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 07:05 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,896,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Fox is gone... I kind of agree about Chud and I used to defend Rivera but the Tampa loss put a funk in my nose. The offense looks like they finally adjusted and are doing more power running and less zone reads. You saw what Cam can do when its used less often and catches a team by surprise. I also think Rivera has improved the D. unless there is a gem available I don't see a change happening at HC unless the new GM demands it.

Not asking for Fox back. just beating that dead horse about his exit. I am saying Rivera & Chud need to go, though. With the talent on that team the blame is squarely on the coaching staff.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:22 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,438 times
Man he had some great runs.

It was looking like Atlanta was going to pull a win like last time and the Panthers closed it out. Good to see that esp since Hardy claimed they were better (even though the record didn't prove that).

Old 12-09-2012, 08:16 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,462,440 times
Anyone that thinks the Panthers are better off w/o Cam really should never comment on a football related topic. Ever.

He has a TON of maturing to do but the raw ability is oozing from the kid and with the right coaching (read: playcalling) he can be very, very good.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:53 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,338,005 times
Newton has been playing very well the last few weeks.

He is now 14th in the league in QB rating, ahead of guys like Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Philip Rivers, Matthew Stafford, Jay Cutler, and Andrew Luck.

He's tied for 11th in passing yards, is 2nd among QB's in rushing yards and 1st in rushing TD's (and rushing stats don't even count in QB rating)

Old 12-10-2012, 08:06 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,544,684 times
I think the Panthers are about 12 points from being a 9 an 4 team vs 4 an 9...had those 12 points gone the other way.

They should have won the first Panthers/Falcons match up - I think Carolina exposed Atlanta and it's going to be interesting for the Falcons in the playoffs

Old 12-10-2012, 08:09 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,642,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Newton has been playing very well the last few weeks.

He is now 14th in the league in QB rating, ahead of guys like Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Philip Rivers, Matthew Stafford, Jay Cutler, and Andrew Luck.

He's tied for 11th in passing yards, is 2nd among QB's in rushing yards and 1st in rushing TD's (and rushing stats don't even count in QB rating)
Yep... hard to believe some people want him gone. I enjoy watching this team play even though its frustrating at times...

Also have to give Smitty credit... that dudes a beast and still has something left in the tank.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Also have to give Smitty credit... that dudes a beast and still has something left in the tank.
I told you guys he was still a stud weeks ago. Newton has had tons of weapons to work with.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:51 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,642,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I told you guys he was still a stud weeks ago. Newton has had tons of weapons to work with.
I knew you would bless us with a pat on your back and a dig at Cam. I'll give you Smitty... but it sure looked like he had more pep in his step the last few weeks. I wonder if he was nursing an injury.

How did you like that ATL win buddy???

Old 12-10-2012, 04:58 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,462,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Newton doesn't call the plays. The coaches inability to adjust and work with the personnel they have has cost them daily this year, the amount of weapons doesn't matter in that case. And by "tons" of weapons you mean a porous oline, an over the hill and moody wr and basically not much else at the receiver slot? Brady has tons of weapons, as does Brees, as does the Mannings, pretty sure no is comparing our cast to those.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
How did you like that ATL win buddy???
It was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfHowl
Newton doesn't call the plays. The coaches inability to adjust and work with the personnel they have has cost them daily this year, the amount of weapons doesn't matter in that case. And by "tons" of weapons you mean a porous oline, an over the hill and moody wr and basically not much else at the receiver slot? Brady has tons of weapons, as does Brees, as does the Mannings, pretty sure no is comparing our cast to those.
A porous oline which gave Newton some room to run last game. The other receiver LaFell is #32 in YAC. The two running backs that both used to post 1000+ yard seasons. Greg Olsen is a top 5 receiving TE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte