Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 10:55 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Charlotte needs Cam!!!!

^^^You should change the title to "Charlotte needs Luke". As it stands now, Luke probably has a better shot at making the pro-bowl than Cam does. I don't know what it is, but Cam seems a bit off. He has made some really bad throws and the drops (not Cam's fault) doesn't help Cam's stats either. Without a solid #2 and/or #3 option outside of Steve Smith, Cam had better do some serious running.
well he didnt look good the last 2 preseasons, but did alright. I will say the offense really didnt get any better. I wish they would have gotten a playmaker for cam. Everyone is getting old. I didn't like the Luke pick, but the kid looks like the real deal

Old 08-23-2013, 11:15 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
well he didnt look good the last 2 preseasons, but did alright. I will say the offense really didnt get any better. I wish they would have gotten a playmaker for cam. Everyone is getting old. I didn't like the Luke pick, but the kid looks like the real deal
I knew Luke was good... but not this good.

Cam hasn't looked great but a big part of it is the interior OL... they are on him or pushing the pocket back which makes it hard to step into his throws. They haven't run any read options with Cam or any screens with the RB' as well.

His accuracy is still a problem as well but overall I think this O will have more wrinkles once the regular season starts. All this offense needs to do is protect the ball and they should be OK because the D is going to give them multiple chances to put up points.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Charlotte needs Cam!!!!

^^^You should change the title to "Charlotte needs Luke". As it stands now, Luke probably has a better shot at making the pro-bowl than Cam does. I don't know what it is, but Cam seems a bit off. He has made some really bad throws and the drops (not Cam's fault) doesn't help Cam's stats either. Without a solid #2 and/or #3 option outside of Steve Smith, Cam had better do some serious running.
No... Luke is a monster but this team needs Cam to step up if they are going to make a playoff run. Steeping up could mean less stats and better ball control on offense.

I was impressed by what I saw last night with the D. If LeFell catches that pass that was a sure TD I bet folks would feel better about this offense. Right now it looks like they are doing all they can to make Cam a pocket passer... maybe it's to protect him from injury or maybe it's to see if the OL can hold their blocks.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:49 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

Cam hasn't looked great but a big part of it is the interior OL... they are on him or pushing the pocket back which makes it hard to step into his throws. They haven't run any read options with Cam or any screens with the RB' as well.

His accuracy is still a problem as well but overall I think this O will have more wrinkles once the regular season starts. All this offense needs to do is protect the ball and they should be OK because the D is going to give them multiple chances to put up points.
not real worried about how he looks. he looked a like a big old dog turd his first pre season, and nobody saw those 400 yard games. I think the offense will take a step back, however they will win more games if the d is as good as it looked last nite.

hurney had all those duds of draft picks, and his last 2 are turning out to be great.

also that sack on cam was scary last night. he was fighting so hard not to go down, he almost got an injury from it.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:54 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,276,438 times
Quote:
No... Luke is a monster but this team needs Cam to step up if they are going to make a playoff run. Steeping up could mean less stats and better ball control on offense.

I was impressed by what I saw last night with the D. If LeFell catches that pass that was a sure TD I bet folks would feel better about this offense. Right now it looks like they are doing all they can to make Cam a pocket passer... maybe it's to protect him from injury or maybe it's to see if the OL can hold their blocks.

Good assessment and he should become a pocket passer, after all he is a "QB". It will greatly enhance his read progression skills and allow him to make make quicker decisions instead of constantly looking up field for the big yardage. Cam has a strong arm and rather accurate given time, he still hasn't mastered the lob or screen pass toss....this formation set should help with that and we should see improvement throughout the year.

Yea, Luke is the real but shoring up the defense with some good draft picks is at the detriment of the offense, Smitty has zero help and ground game is dismal. it's only preseason with some guys out, hopefully the O performs better during the reg season.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:32 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,596,180 times
Quote:

Teams get slammed for over drafting players, but when those players actually over achieve, especially when those drafted around them do not, suddenly it's not considered a reach anymore! Another example is Von Miller. I'm a Chiefs fan, and there was a lot of talk that we would draft Luke with our first pick, and supposedly everyone in our War Room groaned when he was selected, so clearly Carolina wasn't the only team enamored with him.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Good assessment and he should become a pocket passer, after all he is a "QB". It will greatly enhance his read progression skills and allow him to make make quicker decisions instead of constantly looking up field for the big yardage. Cam has a strong arm and rather accurate given time, he still hasn't mastered the lob or screen pass toss....this formation set should help with that and we should see improvement throughout the year.

Yea, Luke is the real but shoring up the defense with some good draft picks is at the detriment of the offense, Smitty has zero help and ground game is dismal. it's only preseason with some guys out, hopefully the O performs better during the reg season.
Cam wasn't drafted to be a pocket passer....

There is no need to make Cam into something he isn't. Build an offense around his strengths and watch him shine. Move the pocket, keep a few wrinkles for him to run and his pocket passing improve.

His touch could improve but it might be as good as it will ever be.. some guys with big arms have a hard time with the touch pass. Big Ben is the same way. He can throw darts all day but ask him to run a screen and it looks like trash. If a QB doesn't have touch.. he darn sure isn't going to find it in the NFL.

If Cam tries to become a pocket passer he will end up hurt like Randall Cunningham. The worst thing you can do is force a gifted athlete to play like a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

..and you can find decent WR's in the 4th round. No need to draft a WR early... Ginn will help in that area.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:24 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,276,438 times
Quote:
Cam wasn't drafted to be a pocket passer....

There is no need to make Cam into something he isn't. Build an offense around his strengths and watch him shine. Move the pocket, keep a few wrinkles for him to run and his pocket passing improve.

His touch could improve but it might be as good as it will ever be.. some guys with big arms have a hard time with the touch pass. Big Ben is the same way. He can throw darts all day but ask him to run a screen and it looks like trash. If a QB doesn't have touch.. he darn sure isn't going to find it in the NFL.

If Cam tries to become a pocket passer he will end up hurt like Randall Cunningham. The worst thing you can do is force a gifted athlete to play like a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

..and you can find decent WR's in the 4th round. No need to draft a WR early... Ginn will help in that area.
I agree about using his mobility as a strength, but he needs to model his run/pass attack after Steve Young from the 49ers, else he'll stand a higher risk of injury. I'm not sure Randall is a good comparison so much as Big Ben. I think he needs to stay in the pocket, be able to feel when to step--up and fire down the field or scramble. This is a learned skill and scouring out of the pocket at first signs of defensive pressure will inhibit his progression in my opinion.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:52 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,220,377 times
I agree with building on Cam's strengths rather than trying to make him something different. But there does need to be more output from other O players, which will probably mean less from Cam.

On another note, I assume the player who kicked the Raven is or will be gone soon. He was on the way out anyway, based on previous output, and ending his career because of something as stupid as that weak kick may give him something to consider while he is unemployed.

I think any player who showboats before scoring should be fined.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:56 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,753 times
Defense was amazing last night. Former Seminole Graham Gano is kicking great. A++

To bring it back to the topic... When will Cam learn how to throw a short pass
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte