Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2013, 02:50 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I think you said this already, but how well does he tip at your restaurant?
It's been so long I can't recall now, but it couldn't be too bad, because u remember bad tippers weather they r famous, or not. Most tip decent though.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:53 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,276,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
maybe this is why you keep attacking my character..

your views on Cam are based on hate and not on logic.

Since I live in Charlotte I root for the home team when my team isn't playing... maybe this is why the Panthers have been bottom feeders for a while. Seems like a lot of transplants and locals dislike this team.
This is true but the bottom feeder results is due to poor management and mix bag of coaching. Cam is a polarizing figure, cocky and black. Not a good mix for what once was primarily a conservative town that is out growing some of those mindsets. 10 years ago, no way Charlotte would draft Cam..

Don't get wrong, I don't like that little "girly" (apologies to females) first down move or all the TD hype. There is nothing wrong with being confident and cocky as a QB, hell, you'd better be because the natives grow restless quickly..the folks in Houston are going after Matt Schaub, even to his home. Cam's got some great numbers but his problem is closing the deal down the stretch coupled with the mindboggling play calling from the coaching staff. During the Arizona game, Rivera actually did the right things (going for it on 4th and short),etc for a change but OC calling didn't adjust to Arizona's D. I was dumbfounded because Brady/Bellichek (sp) would've picked them apart with a TE like Olson. It was a wtf moment for me and the first time I witnessed an all out breakdown in coaching which totally ruined Cam's confidence....he melted away like ice cream in an Arizona desert after a few hits and constant pressure.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
maybe this is why you keep attacking my character..

your views on Cam are based on hate and not on logic.

Since I live in Charlotte I root for the home team when my team isn't playing... maybe this is why the Panthers have been bottom feeders for a while. Seems like a lot of transplants and locals dislike this team.
I'm sorry u feel like I've attacked ur character. U might be more sensitive than my wife. I have attacked ur opinions, as u have mine. It's not based on hate. I have no hate in my heart for cam. I simply dislike him. I have a hard time rooting for him. I pulled for the panthers before they drafted him.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:51 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
I'm sorry u feel like I've attacked ur character. U might be more sensitive than my wife. I have attacked ur opinions, as u have mine. It's not based on hate. I have no hate in my heart for cam. I simply dislike him. I have a hard time rooting for him. I pulled for the panthers before they drafted him.
Lol... sensitive is catching feelings because a team drafted a bad bad man like Cam. Stay classy Tread

Old 10-09-2013, 06:43 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,753 times
Well I missed the last game... with that said, 53%, 3 interceptions and sacked 7 times... vintage Cam Newton. Smith complaining about being held; completely forgeting his dropped passes. This offense needs to be redesigned starting with a new QB.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:08 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,463,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Well I missed the last game... with that said, 53%, 3 interceptions and sacked 7 times... vintage Cam Newton. Smith complaining about being held; completely forgeting his dropped passes. This offense needs to be redesigned starting with a new QB.
Good Lord, you're insufferable. Smith complained about a lot of things and also blamed the loss on himself.
mod cut Neither of you like the Panthers, and vehemently dislike Cam, yet you get onto this thread to basically argue with fans of the team. This message board needs an Ignore function so I can easily filter out the garbage.

On a team related note, glad to see the Armanti experiment come to a close finally. Maybe we can use that roster spot for a player that might actually contribute or at least get on the field. Thanks again Marty for that one!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-10-2013 at 07:46 AM..

Old 10-09-2013, 08:32 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
Good Lord, you're insufferable. Smith complained about a lot of things and also blamed the loss on himself.

Neither of you like the Panthers, and vehemently dislike Cam, yet you get onto this thread to basically argue with fans of the team. This message board needs an Ignore function so I can easily filter out the garbage.

On a team related note, glad to see the Armanti experiment come to a close finally. Maybe we can use that roster spot for a player that might actually contribute or at least get on the field. Thanks again Marty for that one!
Those 2 are hilarious...

Armanti got a raw deal... they traded a 2nd to move up to get him so they wasted 2 picks. They could have picked Armanti up in the 7th or as a UDFA. Its like Marty picked him up to get App St. fans to buy tickets. They didnt even let him run the wildcat.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-10-2013 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: orphan: the quoted post was edited

Old 10-09-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post

Neither of you like the Panthers, and vehemently dislike Cam, yet you get onto this thread to basically argue with fans of the team. This message board needs an Ignore function so I can easily filter out the garbage.

I'm a disgruntled fan. I've been here 13 years and before I had kids I went to almost every home game. He'll I even drove to Atlanta a few times to cheer them on. It's cool u guys are dying for him to succeed. It's not going to happen though. He'll be gone after next year, some other team will pick him up, and at that point he will wash out of the league. Fairly typical result for an elite QB

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-10-2013 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: orphan: the quoted post was edited

Old 10-10-2013, 04:16 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,722,983 times
Quote:
Those 2 are hilarious...

Armanti got a raw deal... they traded a 2nd to move up to get him so they wasted 2 picks. They could have picked Armanti up in the 7th or as a UDFA. Its like Marty picked him up to get App St. fans to buy tickets. They didnt even let him run the wildcat.
It was a terrible pick and part of the reason Hurney got served his walking papers. Not to be ugly, but noone outside of Western NC ever heard of Armanti Edwards....undersized and too slow for the NFL, those picks very rarely deserve to stay on. He should've been gone a long time ago.

I agree w/you if you want to take a flyer, take him in the 7th at best or sign him as a free agent....

Old 10-10-2013, 05:09 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,276,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
There isn't any trolling here. I'm a disgruntled fan. I've been here 13 years and before I had kids I went to almost every home game. He'll I even drove to Atlanta a few times to cheer them on. It's cool u guys are dying for him to succeed. It's not going to happen though. He'll be gone after next year, some other team will pick him up, and at that point he will wash out of the league. Fairly typical result for an elite QB
I don' think so if they allow Cam to use his mobility more, not rushing but roll left/right to get out of the pocket. Last game Arizona kept blitzing LBs and Panthers stuck with down field plays...the receivers didn't get enough separation thus Cam stood in the pocket and ate the ball. No QB can withstand that kind of pressure. Recall the 1st drive of the game which was successful.

They could roll Cam left or right with a quick toss to RB or TE for short gains. This puts pressure on the LBs to stay put...mix in the run and now Cam has a decent pocket and time for down field plays to develop. Remember, Cam was 8/11 with 100+ yards (elite-like work) on first two drives, then the Cardinals D adjusted a bit with the creative LB blitzes...the Panthers OC never adjusted, Cam started to get punched in the mouth and down hill from there.

Given the right OC, Cam could be a top 10 QB in the league.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte