Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2013, 03:08 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,896,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
As long as the players are fans of him and they continue winning it doesnt matter...

Too many fans want instant success and hate the OC/QB/HC and act like a change will mean things will automatically get better.

Patience is needed when you have a new QB and new HC. 3 years is the norm and this is year 3. Things are trending up, there is no reason to complain at the moment.

I've never liked Rivera's play calling on offense, in general. Too air friendly, and the only things that has tempered it is Cam's ability to improvise, ans save a broken play and run the ball himself. If he had just about any QB but Cam he'd be fired already. Our Defense is one of the best, and Rivera is a defensive guy, still not sure if Carolina is winning because of him or in spite of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I can enjoy the win and be critical of what I consider to be bad behavior. I'm amphibious like that.

I'm amphibious, too! Semper Fidelis, ooh rah, and all that jazz!

Old 11-03-2013, 03:11 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,095 times
Quote:
I can enjoy the win and be critical of what I consider to be bad behavior. I'm amphibious like that.

amphibious? Okay that was funny... +1

Old 11-03-2013, 03:13 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,275,871 times
Quote:
I'm watching on a 15 minute delay, so I just saw the pick by Florence. Does anyone else not care for the poor ball handling and showboating by many NFL players? He was holding the ball out with one hand and doing the Deion prance from 15 yards out. Do we need another Leon Lett incident to drive the point home? I heard that Florence was picked up after being cut by the Panthers. Maybe he should concentrate on showing he is a serious player.
Calm down grandpa, a think it's good to have a mix of showboats and non-showboats....I like the Superman but not Cam's little girly first down move.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:19 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,275,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
I hope they win the next 5 games by 10+ points (dream on...). If so, they'll be taken more seriously than struggling to win on a late drive.

I do get your point, they need to demonstrate that winning character (especially Cam) during crunch time since teams and talents are so closely matched in the NFL.
Could it be I the new Nostradomas with the 4 games in a row wish with 10+ point victories (wish>>prediction)....oh wait, next up is 49ers...oh well.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:30 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Could it be I the new Nostradomas with the 4 games in a row wish with 10+ point victories (wish>>prediction)....oh wait, next up is 49ers...oh well.
Pats is in that line up...not gonna happen there either

Old 11-03-2013, 07:32 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,722,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
I've never liked Rivera's play calling on offense, in general. Too air friendly, and the only things that has tempered it is Cam's ability to improvise, ans save a broken play and run the ball himself. If he had just about any QB but Cam he'd be fired already. Our Defense is one of the best, and Rivera is a defensive guy, still not sure if Carolina is winning because of him or in spite of him.

I'm amphibious, too! Semper Fidelis, ooh rah, and all that jazz!
I know alot of people have complained about the playcalling, however, that 4th down fake handoff bootleg to Olson was genius.

NO ONE in the stadium predicted that....

Was at the game today and the energy was incredible...Cam didn't have his best game, however there were some very good things that happened today...

-What can you say? The defensive was stout again today...
-The kicking game w/Gano kicking that 55 yarder was huge.....you get the guy inside the 40 and you have a very good chance to get 3.
-No stupid penalties that I could remember. This has always been a thorn in their side..
-Mixed up Tolbert, Deangelo, and JStew very nicely....

Overall a nice win...San Fran on the road will be difficult, but in no way is it impossible to win there..

Old 11-04-2013, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I know alot of people have complained about the playcalling, however, that 4th down fake handoff bootleg to Olson was genius.

NO ONE in the stadium predicted that....

Was at the game today and the energy was incredible...Cam didn't have his best game, however there were some very good things that happened today...

-What can you say? The defensive was stout again today...
-The kicking game w/Gano kicking that 55 yarder was huge.....you get the guy inside the 40 and you have a very good chance to get 3.
-No stupid penalties that I could remember. This has always been a thorn in their side..
-Mixed up Tolbert, Deangelo, and JStew very nicely....

Overall a nice win...San Fran on the road will be difficult, but in no way is it impossible to win there..
I will be at the next game, the PATS game in two weeks. I will have the Wilfork Jersey on .

Should be a very good game. I am glad the energy level is up, the game is much more fun that way.

I think watching Smith against the Pats Ridley/Blunt will be awesome. Can't wait the two weeks!

Old 11-04-2013, 05:38 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,722,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I will be at the next game, the PATS game in two weeks. I will have the Wilfork Jersey on .

Should be a very good game. I am glad the energy level is up, the game is much more fun that way.

I think watching Smith against the Pats Ridley/Blunt will be awesome. Can't wait the two weeks!
I am actively trying to get tickets .

Tony Gonzalez yesterday went nuts in the 1st half. He was quiet in the second half, but I liken Gronk to him, so they are going to have a tough time w him..

Playing the pats is a defensive coordinators nightmare. They have to get pressure on Brady...

Old 11-04-2013, 06:51 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
The play calling on offense falls on the OC. Rivera isn't calling plays on offense... the only criticism I could give is not going for it on a few 4th and 1's the last few years and he has changed his philosophy.

Not sure how you can suggest the D is playing great in spite of a HC who is known for being a defensive guru.

I can understand not being a fan of Rivera but a D playing well "in spite of him" is utterly ridiculous.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I am actively trying to get tickets .

Tony Gonzalez yesterday went nuts in the 1st half. He was quiet in the second half, but I liken Gronk to him, so they are going to have a tough time w him..

Playing the pats is a defensive coordinators nightmare. They have to get pressure on Brady...
Yes, Gronk was like the Gronk of old...only took half the season but he's back. However this is the NFL and *anything* can happen (which creates massive elation and nervous breakdowns). Pats have several holes on defense. I truly think Smith/Panthers can rush on them. But anyway that's two weeks away. It'll be my first game here this year so I am pumped!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte