Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2013, 06:37 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Love fellas like you...gloat.... then when things go the opposite way...pull a magic disappearing act.

Nice job Panthers...at least now I realize the Giants weren't blown out by an average team. That defense is top 5 material...dominant.
It's been a long 5 weeks for ncopus.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I told everyone that this defense was special. I think this is a massive confidence booster. We held on against the defending NFC champs on the road in the 4th quarter. Now that this team proved it can close, we are very dangerous. I'm not so sure the NFC South is a done deal by the Saints yet.
I tried to tell someone going defense the last 2 years was the right move... you don't have to score a ton of points to win games when your D is this good.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:01 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,095 times
Okay, I'm raising my hand - I'm impressed. I did not think the Panthers would be 6-3 at this point, more like 3-6. SF is a decent team. Now on to a monday night prime time game!

Old 11-11-2013, 06:13 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
It's been a long 5 weeks for ncopus.
Long 5 weeks... Sorry I didn't tune into that easy schedule.

Last 4 opponents (prior to SF)
- Atlanta 2-7
- TB 0-8
- St Louis 4-6
- Minnesota 2-7

With the stud defense the Panthers have and with Rivera now using the strength of running the ball, the Panthers have won games they should win.

SF was won by the defense easily; a good win. And Cam played poorly (QBR 19.3).

Old 11-11-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post

- Atlanta 2-7
- TB 0-8
- St Louis 4-6
- Minnesota 2-7

With the stud defense the Panthers have and with Rivera now using the strength of running the ball, the Panthers have won games they should win.

You tune in when they lose and get ghost when they win...

I don't care about QBR but Cam's was higher than Dalton's..lol.

If you look around the league you will see teams like KC, SF, Denver, etc... are all feasting on mediocre teams. The Panthers weren't beating those teams they were destroying them.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:36 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,276,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post

- Atlanta 2-7
- TB 0-8
- St Louis 4-6
- Minnesota 2-7

There are no easy schedules in the NFL and no week off - see your Heroes Luck and Dalton last week. Played poorly? Cam has had some great stats during that run and he does things to win games that aren't typically displayed in the stat sheet, especially during the San Fran game once he settled down...right after your stupid post.

Toss in a stud QB with a solid running game/play calling and high performing defense, you get 5 wins in a row....all the parts have to work together. SF has a great defense and Cam got the team in scoring position enough times to win the game.

The schedule gets tougher but if they can manage to win 3-4 more games the confidence will grow. And the upside on Cam will go through the roof as he matures and realizes the QB can't win the game on a few plays but rather lose the game taking too much risk. He's not there yet but has grown substantially in that department.

Getting to 9 or 10 wins will not be easy but neither is winning 5 games in a row in the NFL.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:56 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,722,983 times
Early line has the panthers favored by 2.5 at home for Monday night...

Old 11-12-2013, 07:41 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Early line has the panthers favored by 2.5 at home for Monday night...
Hmm, so almost a 50/50 shot? Being objective and the fact ANYTHING can happen, yeah I can live with that...although I think it's more closer to 3 for the Panthers.

I like Patriots to score 4 touchdowns, Gronk/Amedola 3, and one rushing by the running back committee mostly Ridley...I dont see Pats rushing to much on Panthers as their D line is pretty darn good...

Panthers should score 14.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Hmm, so almost a 50/50 shot? Being objective and the fact ANYTHING can happen, yeah I can live with that...although I think it's more closer to 3 for the Panthers.

I like Patriots to score 4 touchdowns, Gronk/Amedola 3, and one rushing by the running back committee mostly Ridley...I dont see Pats rushing to much on Panthers as their D line is pretty darn good...

Panthers should score 14.
This will be another clinic by the Panthers D. Teams who can get pressure with the front 4 always give Brady fits...

I think it will be a long night for Brady.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:56 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,155,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
This will be another clinic by the Panthers D. Teams who can get pressure with the front 4 always give Brady fits...

I think it will be a long night for Brady.
You know although I think the Panthers are going to go to the playoffs and maybe deep with that D. I think Monday will be a set back. This is what always happens, team comes out of nowhere to make a mark. Then gets too confident and hits a bump in the road. As much as I hate the Patriots....this will be the bump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte