Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2013, 07:31 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,583,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Few things about the game.

I thought the D would have more sacks but pressures are just as good and Brady hit the ground a good 5 or 6 times. The D forced Brady into dink and dunk which burned clock and made every possession count.

The Pats love to take away your strength and force you into the lesser of 2 evils. They chose to stop the run and paid the price because Cam was on fire. The offense had some long drives which kept Brady on the bench for long stretches. Smitty was hilarious and he took Talib to school. 90% of the game is mental and he was in Talibs head all night.

Kuechly and Davis was incredible last night. All over the field and all over Gronk...LOL. Not sure why the ref threw that flag but it's the Pats* so it makes sense. I'm just happy the refs had enough sense to pick it up because thye wouldn't have made it out of town alive if they called that nonsense. Kuechly was all over him but Gronk made no effort to play the ball and it was under thrown due to pressure up front.

I hope this city realizes how special Cam is.. they are witnessing something never seen before. We've never seen a QB this size dance like Ali in the backfield.. I haven't seen moves like that since playing 2 hand touch in the street when I was a kid.

Panther fans who doubted Cam or dislike him.. I feel for you.
Slow down felt. Cam played great, but it's one of the first times he has led a drive like that. Lets get a few more of these wins first. I bet at least one of the New Orleans games will need to be won in this fashion.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:12 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,220,377 times
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the call at the end of the game. It's in the books, so discussing it won't change anything. Was it pass interference or not? Based on my limited understanding of the penalty, it wasn't, because Gronk could not have caught that underthrown ball. BUT was it holding? I think it was. The Pats should have gotten one more play.

EDIT - I see that Felt did bring the call up.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:45 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Slow down felt. Cam played great, but it's one of the first times he has led a drive like that. Lets get a few more of these wins first. I bet at least one of the New Orleans games will need to be won in this fashion.
No.. I won't slow down. The Cam detractors never slowed down. People who don't like Cam went in on day one but everyone else has to wait until what? A SB? Another win? How many wins before we can celebrate Cam's emergence?

Seems like no matter what Cam does it's "wait and see, well, next game, blah blah, blah..."

6 wins in a row. 2 wins versus winning teams (the Seahawks are the only team with 3 wins over teams with winning records)

This Panther team is going to beat NO twice... The only game they will lose is if they rest players before the playoffs. Yep.. this team is that good.

This is the Cam at Auburn... The Cam at Juco... Shula tapped into something and it's on now!

Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 AM

533 posts, read 936,081 times
Default Ice Up Son!!!

ICE UP SON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4XeL8cLjrA

LOVE STEVE SMITH!!! lol

Old 11-19-2013, 09:15 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the call at the end of the game. It's in the books, so discussing it won't change anything. Was it pass interference or not? Based on my limited understanding of the penalty, it wasn't, because Gronk could not have caught that underthrown ball. BUT was it holding? I think it was. The Pats should have gotten one more play.

EDIT - I see that Felt did bring the call up.
It's the NFL. Like you said, game over, no spilled milk discussion would really matter. It was interference and should have been placed on the 1 yard line and replay the down. The former VP of officials for the NFL said so, the standing head of officials obviously is backing his refs. That's the game, you can live and die by it - but yeah the ref who waived it off got it wrong. Doesn't matter Panthers played a bang up game and basically Cam looked like 2012 Capernick with his mobility.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
It's the NFL. Like you said, game over, no spilled milk discussion would really matter. It was interference and should have been placed on the 1 yard line and replay the down. The former VP of officials for the NFL said so, the standing head of officials obviously is backing his refs. That's the game, you can live and die by it - but yeah the ref who waived it off got it wrong. Doesn't matter Panthers played a bang up game and basically Cam looked like 2012 Capernick with his mobility.
flag shouldn't have been thrown..

Old 11-19-2013, 11:50 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,342,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad for Brady on that call. Do you remember that pump-fake-fumble Brady had, but was over-turned by the Tuck Rule.

Tuck Rule game called by Raiders radio - YouTube

^^^If my memory is correct, New England went on to win the Super Bowl that year. Last night's game against the Panthers didn't hurt New England one bit. They will still probably win their division and they'll probably beat Denver in New England next week (on a bad call that will go Brady's way). Controversial calls are part of the game; Brady has had them go his way too. Panthers won, end of story.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
flag shouldn't have been thrown..
As underthrown as that ball was, I would've thrown a flag for intentional grounding...

Old 11-19-2013, 12:00 PM

Its almost like the Panthers didnt play last night... The pats were screwed by the ref and thats the only story getting pub.

Pats usually get the calls.. they will be fine.

Anyone notice Brady didnt shake hands or congratulate Cam? Imagine if Cam did that last night... double standard at its finest.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:13 PM

New England is a good team, no doubt about that. However, the Panthers are 3-3 vs New England. Also, the Panthers Superbowl loss to New England was a closer game than last night's. New England and Brady are truly good, but consider the following. What if that Tuck Rule call never happened? There goes one of New England's Superbowl titles. What if the Panthers had won in the SB; there goes another New England SB title. Just those two games alone would've re-written NFL history for New England.

With that said, the media is making last night's call out to be more than what it was. Bear hug or not, that ball was badly underthrown and Brady even admitted that much. If Gronk weren't held, he would've had to play defense on a sure interception. No way New England should get another down on such a poor pass. Brady threw that thing up for grabs and the Panthers grabbed it. Luke's bear hug is moot due to that poor pass. Good no-call by the refs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte