U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2013, 01:02 PM

11,773 posts, read 9,382,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
His crime was NOT STOPPING after being given the lawful police demand to do so. The question is was he ranting and screaming incoherently outside of the women's house or not. He put himself in the very dangerous situation once he started disturbing the peace. His behavior alerted police as he refused to stop and not affected by the taser People that aren't affected by a taser are often very high on drugs and dangerous so this is a fact the police had to take into consideration. I am not defending the policeman but all over the country race haters are calling him a cold blooded murderer which is not the case. Did the police see a person wanting to report a minor traffic accident or did they see a raving crazy man showing potential to do THEM harm? If all he wanted was for the police to be called he got that when she called..So what was the problem? Why was he not satisfied when they arrived? Why did he not obey them? He is not the innocent victim minding his own business and picked out for assassination as the race haters are saying. The shooting was tragic but his behavior caused it evidently.
maybe if he wasn't killed by 10 bullets he could answer some of those questions.. I think people are bringing race into it because it's rare to hear about an incoherent white male getting 10 bullets pumped in them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 01:15 PM

9,526 posts, read 9,412,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
maybe if he wasn't killed by 10 bullets he could answer some of those questions.. I think people are bringing race into it because it's rare to hear about an incoherent white male getting 10 bullets pumped in them
We can't assume the woman would have given Jonathan Ferrell the benefit of the doubt if he were white. Nor can we assume that if the woman were black, she would have given him the benefit of the doubt. For that matter, has the woman's race been mentioned?

Old 09-20-2013, 01:55 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,268,910 times
Quote:
Lets be honest. Its rare that this happens period. Has it happened before sure, and it will happen again, but in a country of over 300 million people its not happening everyday.

I really doubt the cop was like he's black im killing him. More likely this guy was a coward, and feared for his life and killed this poor kid. Its pretty clear this man should have stuck to rounding up dogs.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Lets be honest. Its rare that this happens period. Has it happened before sure, and it will happen again, but in a country of over 300 million people its not happening everyday.

I really doubt the cop was like he's black im killing him. More likely this guy was a coward, and feared for his life and killed this poor kid. Its pretty clear this man should have stuck to rounding up dogs.
I never said everyday...

He shot 12 times at an unarmed man and is being charged... I wouldn't put it past him to look at skin color and think the worst, especially when the man didn't have a weapon.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:25 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,268,910 times
Quote:
I never said everyday...

He shot 12 times at an unarmed man and is being charged... I wouldn't put it past him to look at skin color and think the worst, especially when the man didn't have a weapon.
No doubt but without proof I'd say he was more of a coward then a racist.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
No doubt but without proof I'd say he was more of a coward then a racist.
I dont think he is a racist... but I thinlk race played a big part in his decision to unload his clip.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
We can't assume the woman would have given Jonathan Ferrell the benefit of the doubt if he were white. Nor can we assume that if the woman were black, she would have given him the benefit of the doubt. For that matter, has the woman's race been mentioned?
I have no issues with the woman calling 911 at 2:30...

Old 09-20-2013, 04:24 PM

3,185 posts, read 5,787,785 times
Yes the young woman learned well as a child it seems and some things can best be said with pictures..
Attached Thumbnails
CMPD officer charged w/ voluntary manslaughter-images-23-.jpg   CMPD officer charged w/ voluntary manslaughter-images-22-.jpg  

Old 09-20-2013, 04:34 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,165,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unthought_known View Post
On this very page, someone suggested that she could have called 911, and then talked to the guy through the door. Personally, I think that's ridiculous, and it's only something you'd say in hindsight after knowing the guy wasn't a burglar. From early on in life, I was told that if I'm in a situation where I think someone's breaking into my house, I should call 911 and then hide (whether it's in a closet, under a bed, etc), then wait for the cops to arrive. Nobody has ever trained me to call 911, and then talk through the door to make sure the guy isn't a burglar. If my mom was home alone and someone knocked on her door at that hour, I'd hope that she wouldn't have tried to have a conversation with the guy either.
Oh boy. Misread much????? I did not put the blame, any blame, on the homeowner!

I said that there was a lapse of time--11 minutes-- in which the homeowner waited for police. During that time, she said the man kept yelling. No one thought to find out what he was yelling about. I simply was pointing out that if someone had figured out what he was yelling about, then the police could have been alerted that he needed help.

I am not blaming the dispatcher or the homeowner for not figuring that out! However, the homeowner relayed that Ferrell asked her to turn off the alarm. I would think that was so she could hear him and understand he needed help. I assume the homeowner most likely thought that request was to keep police from being dispatched, rather than Ferrell meaning--turn it off so you can hear me.

I agree that most of us would have done the same things she did. I am in no way saying she is to blame for calling 911-- and I am sure the last thing she wanted to do was communicate with a person who was banging on her door and scaring her there alone with her baby! It is just too bad that no attempt was made to find out what Ferrell was yelling about. That's all.

Last edited by brokensky; 09-20-2013 at 04:42 PM..

Old 09-20-2013, 04:36 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,165,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I agree! Sorry to hear that anyone is putting any blame on the lady that called 911.

As I posted previously - some people think they are the judge and the jury and we don't KNOW the facts yet!
People have misread what I wrote if they twisted it around into my putting any blame at all on the homeowner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte