U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2015, 08:51 AM

29,709 posts, read 27,133,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancenc View Post
Well if we have the attitudes of pollsters like the one above you, then it could be a distinct possibility!
Uh, no...but thanks for trying. That doesn't even logically follow.

Oh yeah, I'm not a pollster; have you seen me conducting surveys on here?

Last edited by Mutiny77; 08-18-2015 at 08:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 10:00 AM

2,828 posts, read 4,134,161 times
Wow.

Very interesting to go back and read the old posts in this thread. Many people condemned Kerrick based on media 'reports'.

This should be a lesson to us all not to rush to judgement.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:11 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,263,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Wow.

Very interesting to go back and read the old posts in this thread. Many people condemned Kerrick based on media 'reports'.

This should be a lesson to us all not to rush to judgement.
Kerrick will be acquitted. That doesn't make him innocent. I said it in the 2nd post he would never be found guilty. That's do to several factors, However anyone thinking his actions were proper is part of a larger problem this country is facing. The use of this type of force needs to stop. It's sickening. That rush to judgement you speak is people sick and tired of police doing this type of stuff. 3 people per day on average are shot by a LEO That is just way too high.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:21 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,414,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Kerrick will be acquitted. That doesn't make him innocent. I said it in the 2nd post he would never be found guilty. That's do to several factors, However anyone thinking his actions were proper is part of a larger problem this country is facing. The use of this type of force needs to stop. It's sickening. That rush to judgement you speak is people sick and tired of police doing this type of stuff. 3 people per day on average are shot by a LEO That is just way too high.
Actually it does, seeing that he is innocent until proven guilty by a jury of his peers. No verdict has been reached as of today at 3 o'clock. Your 3 per day stat sounds intriguing (seeing that you never cited your source, we will take that at face value.) until you look at the whole. In a country of over 321,000,000 (US Census Population Clock.) That means just under 1100 LEO shootings per year which equals .00034%. It's a freaking epidemic I tell you.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chb119 View Post
Actually it does, seeing that he is innocent until proven guilty by a jury of his peers. No verdict has been reached as of today at 3 o'clock. Your 3 per day stat sounds intriguing (seeing that you never cited your source, we will take that at face value.) until you look at the whole. In a country of over 321,000,000 (US Census Population Clock.) That means just under 1100 LEO shootings per year which equals .00034%. It's a freaking epidemic I tell you.
First off Instead of wasting time with your worthless math you could do a simple google search. I'll do it for you. Study Reveals Police Are Shooting Three People Every Day There my bad since your a numbers expert it's just shy of 3. needless to say the point is the number is a lot higher than what the FBI Stats claim.

Secondly there's a huge difference between being acquitted and being innocent. Kerrick is guilty of shooting Ferrell. That's a fact. It's the state's job to prove that he acted with malice outside of the power of the law given to him. As I said in the 2nd post of this thread. He will never be found guilty. His defense did a great job of proving reasonable doubt.

Part of the reason he and other officers charged with similar crimes walk away with acquittals is people like yourself unwilling to open their eyes to the abuse of power happening everyday. I know you already stated you don't have a problem with LEO's killing .00034% of people on a daily basis.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:32 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,414,351 times
Quote:
First off Instead of wasting time with your worthless math you could do a simple google search. I'll do it for you. Study Reveals Police Are Shooting Three People Every Day There my bad since your a numbers expert it's just shy of 3. needless to say the point is the number is a lot higher than what the FBI Stats claim.

Secondly there's a huge difference between being acquitted and being innocent. Kerrick is guilty of shooting Ferrell. That's a fact. It's the state's job to prove that he acted with malice outside of the power of the law given to him. As I said in the 2nd post of this thread. He will never be found guilty. His defense did a great job of proving reasonable doubt.

Part of the reason he and other officers charged with similar crimes walk away with acquittals is people like yourself unwilling to open their eyes to the abuse of power happening everyday. I know you already stated you don't have a problem with LEO's killing .00034% of people on a daily basis.
Yes, worthless math, except for the fact that it takes the numbers you used to support your argument and pointed out that they are infact statistically insignificant when looked at from the whole population in which you are talking about.

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat

The reason officers are acquitted of these charges are because of people like me who look at the evidence of a specific case and see that the person was in the act of assaulting a police officer. Not concerning myself with other incidents or the hoopla the media makes, but simply the facts of this case. Call a fact a fact, Ferrell assaulted another person, and a good rule of thumb is if you assault somebody prepare to suffer the consequences like getting shot. People like you want to make this more than what it is, when it is simply a person attacked another person and got killed as a result. You wanna make that % even less; add a few more zeros in there, it is simple, don't physically assault a police officer, not an unreasonable request.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:08 PM

29,709 posts, read 27,133,604 times
Quote:
Yes, worthless math, except for the fact that it takes the numbers you used to support your argument and pointed out that they are infact statistically insignificant when looked at from the whole population in which you are talking about.

The reason officers are acquitted of these charges are because of people like me who look at the evidence of a specific case and see that the person was in the act of assaulting a police officer. Not concerning myself with other incidents or the hoopla the media makes, but simply the facts of this case. Call a fact a fact, Ferrell assaulted another person, and a good rule of thumb is if you assault somebody prepare to suffer the consequences like getting shot. People like you want to make this more than what it is, when it is simply a person attacked another person and got killed as a result. You wanna make that % even less; add a few more zeros in there, it is simple, don't physically assault a police officer, not an unreasonable request.
Who did he assault????

Old 08-19-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:

I'd question if you even know much of the facts of this case. It's pretty clear from this post that you have an agenda, and it's a said one at that.

Nice Latin quote though good try at being clever. I'll say it again champ. Acquittal doesn't equate to innocence.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Who did he assault????
Exactly Even Kerrick's defense didnt make this wild claim.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:27 PM

981 posts, read 1,187,832 times
Quote:
Exactly Even Kerrick's defense didnt make this wild claim.
Technically by running at the officer and being a threat when told to stop he did assualt him, but there was no battery. This is semantics BUT what he said is true by definition of law.

In common law, assault is the act of creating apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact with a person. An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte