U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2015, 11:58 AM

21,858 posts, read 27,133,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Why has the Charlotte Observer not posted the statement from Kerricks defense attorneys?

Why have they not interviewed any of the jurors (8 jurors!) that voted against conviction?

If one was to read the Charlotte Observer over the last 2 years it was obvious that Kerrick was guilty. They continually showed us Kerricks mug shot and told us that the dash cam (among other things) would prove Kerrick was guilty.

Now that it has been proven that we were lied to, the CO continues to show their bias.

This entire situation makes me sick. A man is dead and an officer has been wrongly vilified.

If the chief of police had done his job and the media was held to higher standards we would not have gone through this trial.

I tell my kids not to believe everything they read - especially if it is in the Charlotte Observer.
I've been baffled by the interview that I keep seeing of the juror who says that the defense didn't prove their case & that the dashcam didn't tell him anything. I'd like to hear his explanation of why he apparently thinks it's a good idea to charge at police officers. That juror appears old enough to remember protesters getting the crap beat out of them &/or shot for a whole lot less. I was totally open for either side to convince me. I went to college in a police state (Frank Rizzo's Philadelphia). Either side could have convinced me. All I needed to see was a person charging at police. The media is fanning the flames. It's in their best interest, financially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 12:37 PM

661 posts, read 574,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I've been baffled by the interview that I keep seeing of the juror who says that the defense didn't prove their case & that the dashcam didn't tell him anything. I'd like to hear his explanation of why he apparently thinks it's a good idea to charge at police officers. That juror appears old enough to remember protesters getting the crap beat out of them &/or shot for a whole lot less. I was totally open for either side to convince me. I went to college in a police state (Frank Rizzo's Philadelphia). Either side could have convinced me. All I needed to see was a person charging at police. The media is fanning the flames. It's in their best interest, financially.
Not sure which station you saw but the interview I saw he stated his belief that Ferrel was wrong & that his issue is with the amount of force used .

Old 08-23-2015, 12:39 PM

149 posts, read 147,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Why has the Charlotte Observer not posted the statement from Kerricks defense attorneys?

Why have they not interviewed any of the jurors (8 jurors!) that voted against conviction?
Today's paper did have several paragraphs of the statement in there, along with an interview of one of the jurors.

Old 08-23-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js4life View Post
Not sure which station you saw but the interview I saw he stated his belief that Ferrel was wrong & that his issue is with the amount of force used .
I've seen it on 2 stations. They keep editing it. I only believed what he was saying because I was hearing complete unedited sentences. I haven't heard him say what you posted but that doesn't mean they didn't edit it out.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:01 PM

170 posts, read 197,179 times
So according to that jacka$$ the officer is guilty until proven innocent? Really?

Old 08-23-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefullyMoving View Post
So according to that jacka$$ the officer is guilty until proven innocent? Really?
That's pretty much it. That's also pretty much what he said in the interviews that I saw. He said that he told the defense lawyer that if he (the lawyer) could prove that Officer Kerrick was innocent that he'd vote that way. That's not the way the justice system works in this country. The man should not have been on the jury.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:53 AM

4,760 posts, read 6,409,050 times
Quote:
That's pretty much it. That's also pretty much what he said in the interviews that I saw. He said that he told the defense lawyer that if he (the lawyer) could prove that Officer Kerrick was innocent that he'd vote that way. That's not the way the justice system works in this country. The man should not have been on the jury.

I agree with the last sentence in your post. He certainly should not have been on that jury. Maybe he wanted to be on it and did what he could to get seated. It's unlikely, but still remotely possible.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:00 AM

357 posts, read 559,391 times
Quote:
He (Wilson) went on to say this as well:

Quote:
“No sounds of commands were heard at that time, none,” Wilson said.
He must have been asleep when they played the video.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:01 AM

19 posts, read 22,224 times
I am sure this subject has been discussed in this particular comment area but would someone please tell me why the Ferrell family was given 2.25 million dollars before the trial commenced? I know they filed a civil suit but for the city to pay out all that money ahead of time was rather poorly timed, in my opinion. Now that Officer Kerrick is a free man, don't you all think he should sue the city as well? Would he be able to collect damages?

Old 08-24-2015, 08:37 AM

170 posts, read 197,179 times
Is it a coincidence that the juror was black? I think not...

This idiot should have never been on the jury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte