U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2015, 09:36 PM

981 posts, read 1,187,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Dude we get it. We know what you think. It's what most white people in the country think. Now you can continue to think this, (which I'm pretty sure you will do) or you could look at some stats, and read some people's points of views that's different from your own.(crazy concept I know) and maybe gain perspective on what is actually happening in this country, and the African American community.

If you want to delve into police shootings, you will find that the numbers have been on the rise for a while now, and believe it or not, some white people are getting shot as well. (in much lower numbers than blacks) I wonder if you think they are thugs.

The fact of the matter is, when these event's happen people's personal freedoms are being violated. Most conservatives share the same views you do, and they claim to be big freedom supporters, and when they get a chance to stand up for rights and freedoms, they turn their back from it.

you continue to call this young man a thug. Well if you insist on going there, it's pretty clear you are probably a racist. This man went to college, had a girlfriend, and most importantly had a job.( I know I know its shocking a black man working) You want to harp about his blood alcohol level. .06 it's a 2 or 3 beers. We have no idea why he wrecked. Maybe a deer ran out in front of him. Maybe his tire blew out. Maybe his phone rang and he dropped it. Maybe it was because of the beers, but if you drink you would know .06 really isn't being drunk. He wasn't doing anything different than other adults his age do.(believe it or not some white adults drink and smoke that dope too)

Lastly there is a lot of things we don't know about that tragic night. The two things we do know is your bigoted views, are unlikely to change, and officer Kerrick will never wear the badge again. The first thing I'm sad about. I wish views like yours would die. The second thing I'm happy about. We don't need police like him
So you know most white people? To say that is what most white people think is absurd and pretty racist. The sample you have is this forum, your personal experience and what the media is feeding you. This is the same media that is shoving Donald Trump in your face. Your sample size is likely about .000001% of "white" people in this country. It is pretty tiring having "both sides" which I feel is nausiating to have to say point fingers. This was a MAN who for some reason wrecked his car, banged on a door after being told to leave, and charged a police officer who is another MAN that defended himself. This was about 1 adult making bad decissions and another relying on his training and self preservation to bring an end to the situation. If you want to argue the training is the issue then that's a whole different story.

I will say it again, people are sitting here Monday Morning QBing and using hindsight. This happened in under 10 seconds and you react as your training/self preservation leads you. To say anyone here would have done anything different is fooling themselves, because until in that situation and with what training is provided you do not know what you would have done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 08:45 AM

21,856 posts, read 27,128,289 times
Quote:
Dude we get it. We know what you think. It's what most white people in the country think. Now you can continue to think this, (which I'm pretty sure you will do) or you could look at some stats, and read some people's points of views that's different from your own.(crazy concept I know) and maybe gain perspective on what is actually happening in this country, and the African American community.

If you want to delve into police shootings, you will find that the numbers have been on the rise for a while now, and believe it or not, some white people are getting shot as well. (in much lower numbers than blacks) I wonder if you think they are thugs.

The fact of the matter is, when these event's happen people's personal freedoms are being violated. Most conservatives share the same views you do, and they claim to be big freedom supporters, and when they get a chance to stand up for rights and freedoms, they turn their back from it.

you continue to call this young man a thug. Well if you insist on going there, it's pretty clear you are probably a racist. This man went to college, had a girlfriend, and most importantly had a job.( I know I know its shocking a black man working) You want to harp about his blood alcohol level. .06 it's a 2 or 3 beers. We have no idea why he wrecked. Maybe a deer ran out in front of him. Maybe his tire blew out. Maybe his phone rang and he dropped it. Maybe it was because of the beers, but if you drink you would know .06 really isn't being drunk. He wasn't doing anything different than other adults his age do.(believe it or not some white adults drink and smoke that dope too)

Lastly there is a lot of things we don't know about that tragic night. The two things we do know is your bigoted views, are unlikely to change, and officer Kerrick will never wear the badge again. The first thing I'm sad about. I wish views like yours would die. The second thing I'm happy about. We don't need police like him
We know several things about that night. Mr Ferrell banged on a woman's door & didn't go away when she yelled through the door to go away. It was banged up & bloody & was shown in court. We also know that 3 officers were called to the scene & told that it was a home invasion. We also know that Mr Ferrell charged at 2 of 3 officers. What part of charging at officers is a good idea regardless of race? We also know that Kerrick was told to back up a taser with deadly force. Officer Little testified that he didn't have time to draw his gun.

Please explain how this is Officer Kerrick's fault.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:32 PM

170 posts, read 197,133 times
It's always someone else's fault. That's the thing. Never assume responsibility for your own actions. That's what's wrong with society. Had he just followed the officers commands he would be alive today. Simple.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:57 PM

557 posts, read 568,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by appstate1998 View Post
I'm in the Kerrick should have been acquitted boat with you. But you're showing your true colors when you call Ferrell a "thug" for smoking some weed (or "marijuna").

Don't be a dumb redneck. Try to be better. It's easy to call him a thug. Do something really crazy, like try to empathize with black folks. Put your guard down and try to look at things their way.

There is a big disconnect with the police and the black community. Neither are innocent and it's a vicious cycle, as cliched as that is. As a cop, if 85% of your arrests are black people, you're gonna be biased. It's a survival mechanism.

On the other side, if your only interaction with cops are when they harass you, you're going to be jaded.

When you call him a thug, you're no better than the fools on the other side who want Kerrick's blood.
Sorry if you charge at the cops your a thug, plain and simple. Doesn't matter if "my baby done Nuffin wrong" , time for people to start taking responsibility for their actions . People in this country are getting sick and tired of it.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:50 AM

4,760 posts, read 6,407,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
Sorry if you charge at the cops your a thug, plain and simple. Doesn't matter if "my baby done Nuffin wrong" , time for people to start taking responsibility for their actions . People in this country are getting sick and tired of it.
Charging at a police officer doesn't make you a thug. It makes you foolish, maybe stupid.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:58 PM

5,553 posts, read 6,667,262 times
Running towards a police officer, who has told you to "Get down on the ground", is a really bad idea, whether you're a black male, an old lady or Julie Andrews dressed as a nun. In a more perfect world, the guy would have knocked on the door, the lady opens it and says "oh my God, what happened?" He explains, she calls an ambulance, he goes to the hospital, gets treated and everybody lives happily ever after! Oh well, maybe a couple of centuries from now, that scenario could happen.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:49 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,133,008 times
Glad to see the Attorney General will not retry the case.

I hope officer Kerrick will receive back pay and I hope he receives many millions in a suit against the city. He was wrongly charged and Rodney Monroe should be held accountable.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:03 PM

4,760 posts, read 6,407,764 times
Monroe won't be held accountable for anything. I think we all know better than that.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:04 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,263,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Glad to see the Attorney General will not retry the case.

I hope officer Kerrick will receive back pay and I hope he receives many millions in a suit against the city. He was wrongly charged and Rodney Monroe should be held accountable.
He might get back pay, but he will never work as an officer again, and that's a great thing. Quite Honestly I think that was what Chief Monroe was after in the first place. As I stated in the 2nd post of this thread, he would never be convicted, but by being charged with a crime Chief Monroe pretty much ended his career. Mr Kerrick will find the sledding in civil court much harder, now it's possible our fine city, may settle out of court, like they did with the Ferrell family. Time will time, but I'm pretty sure officer Kerrick answered his last call.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:09 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,133,008 times
Quote:
He might get back pay, but he will never work as an officer again, and that's a great thing. Quite Honestly I think that was what Chief Monroe was after in the first place. As I stated in the 2nd post of this thread, he would never be convicted, but by being charged with a crime Chief Monroe pretty much ended his career. Mr Kerrick will find the sledding in civil court much harder, now it's possible our fine city, may settle out of court, like they did with the Ferrell family. Time will time, but I'm pretty sure officer Kerrick answered his last call.
I seriously doubt Kerrick wants to go back to being a police officer. I also imagine there are many other officers that are considering a new career after seeing a fellow officer wrongly charged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte