Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 10:50 AM

16 posts, read 48,955 times

Advertisements

Since I know the family and have been involved in the searches, I think I can comment on this subject. Anything that you see is the result of the family and friends of Kyle. The police made no extra effort whatsoever in this situation. Fact - they are not interested in looking for a 20 something young person - they assume he needed to "get away". Fact - the police did not organize any searches and did nto get the dogs out there searching, they said it was too late to use them. Fact - billboards are the result of friends. Fact - we helped to advertise Kyle's missing picture at the Bobcats game. The fact that Kristens Foundation is involved is because of a phone call to them. The point is, the reason you hear about him is all family/friends doing. The police, media etc are not doing anything "extra" in anyway. Whenever this happens it IS up to the family and friends to make it a issue. By the way, a young man was on the news as missing last week, they interviewed his parents a couple of days later -- lucky for them he was found in Atlanta. Guess HE needed to just get away, we dont hear the ending of that story..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 11:04 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,239,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal76 View Post
The police made no extra effort whatsoever in this situation. Fact - they are not interested in looking for a 20 something young person - they assume he needed to "get away". Fact - the police did not organize any searches and did nto get the dogs out there searching, they said it was too late to use them...

I suspected this was the case. Do the police have any leads or evidence that would cause them to look in a certain direction? If not, they probably don't know what to do next.

I must say, Kyle's friends and family did a great job getting the word out. I hope and pray that Kyle is found safe and sound. CNN just ran a story about a British man who just "turned up" alive and well after a 5 year disappearance. There is hope for Kyle!

Old 12-05-2007, 11:29 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,453,111 times
I guess those search dogs running around all of uptown aren't the police dept. efforts? I know of at least 3 times where the police dogs where used for searches......and yes the assumption of the dogs not being of much use was correct..it didn't lead to anything.

As far as why this is getting so much attention...20 something kid disappears from "uptown" party district.....would you expect this to not be covered? It's sad for all the families that lose someone but you have to admit...this story is out of the ordinary......mainly because of the events that transpired.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:44 PM

4 posts, read 6,259 times
Default Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseW View Post
I am working to get a site together to publisize those missing from NC. I am hoping to use it to rasie awareness for the lesser known people in the media and public. I would also like to be able to mobalize folks for searches. Nothing against Kyle but the opther people are of worth too. Anyone missing should have us activly searching for them.
Feel free to contact me : blessingseday@yahoo.com
Thanks, Jesse

What kind of experience do you have? The reason I am asking is because we are movong to the area and my husband has experience in this area. How many people do you have? He has been working with a group out of Virginia. He does underwater searches and would like to stay in this field. He is a Navy Seal retired next month.

Janice Low
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte