U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 10:21 AM

674 posts, read 606,823 times

Advertisements

Here's the info, go to the game and order tickets as instructed below, if you can:
From an email from the Checkers:

By now you all know of the search for Kyle Fleischmann, but what you may not know is how much this effort is costing the family and friends of Kyle. I was watching the 10 o’clock news last night and they were talking about how they had placed a billboard up and had raised close to $7,000. In a search of this magnitude you can often feel insignificant; you ask yourself what can I do to help? I started by forwarding the emails on to everyone I knew and I shared the story with my wife so she could let her co-workers at CMC know about it. It still didn’t feel like enough. I began racking my brain and talking with my colleague Jon Rathbun about what we could do. It was very clear to us what we have the ability to do working for a professional sports team in Charlotte; we have the ability to raise awareness and the ability to raise money. In the past two home games we have raised close $3,000 for Brent Lewis who is battling ALS and over $10,000 for local Veterans organizations. Why not use our forum to raise money for the search efforts for Kyle…

And here we are, one day out from our next home game and we are asking for your help. Our organization has given us the opportunity to give back money from tickets purchased over the next 24 hours. We have taken our $20 Attack Zone ticket, discounted it to $15 and are going to give back $6 from each one purchased. We are going to use our game as a forum to get the word out and will set up a donation table at the game to secure additional funds. If it is $100 or $2,000, it will all help, but we can’t do it without your efforts.
Please forward this on to everyone you know, Jon has had multiple conversations with Kyle’s father and his best friend, and this has become a personal mission of ours to our part.
To purchase tickets please contact me at the number below or reach out to Jon Rathbun at 704-940-4080/jrathbun@gocheckers.com. No contribution is to small, please do your part!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 10:22 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,516,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
Here's the info, go to the game and order tickets as instructed below, if you can:
From an email from the Checkers:

[SIZE=2]By now you all know of the search for Kyle Fleischmann, but what you may not know is how much this effort is costing the family and friends of Kyle. I was watching the 10 o’clock news last night and they were talking about how they had placed a billboard up and had raised close to $7,000. In a search of this magnitude you can often feel insignificant; you ask yourself what can I do to help? I started by forwarding the emails on to everyone I knew and I shared the story with my wife so she could let her co-workers at CMC know about it. It still didn’t feel like enough. I began racking my brain and talking with my colleague Jon Rathbun about what we could do. It was very clear to us what we have the ability to do working for a professional sports team in Charlotte; we have the ability to raise awareness and the ability to raise money. In the past two home games we have raised close $3,000 for Brent Lewis who is battling ALS and over $10,000 for local Veterans organizations. Why not use our forum to raise money for the search efforts for Kyle…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]And here we are, one day out from our next home game and we are asking for your help. Our organization has given us the opportunity to give back money from tickets purchased over the next 24 hours. We have taken our $20 Attack Zone ticket, discounted it to $15 and are going to give back $6 from each one purchased. We are going to use our game as a forum to get the word out and will set up a donation table at the game to secure additional funds. If it is $100 or $2,000, it will all help, but we can’t do it without your efforts. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Please forward this on to everyone you know, Jon has had multiple conversations with Kyle’s father and his best friend, and this has become a personal mission of ours to our part.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]To purchase tickets please contact me at the number below or reach out to Jon Rathbun at 704-940-4080/jrathbun@gocheckers.com. No contribution is to small, please do your part!! [/SIZE]
My heart is breaking for this family - please everyone, contribute if you can.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:26 AM

674 posts, read 606,823 times
I thought I'd share the website for Kyle too:

MISSING - Kyle Fleischmann

Old 11-16-2007, 10:29 AM

1,808 posts, read 5,867,817 times
Interestingly enough, I noticed a Missing Persons flier on my office building's front door today. I imagine they're putting them up everywhere to raise awareness and hopefully, to find Kyle. That poor family... I hope they find him safe and sound!

Old 11-16-2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctribucher View Post
Interestingly enough, I noticed a Missing Persons flier on my office building's front door today. I imagine they're putting them up everywhere to raise awareness and hopefully, to find Kyle. That poor family... I hope they find him safe and sound!
It is my sincere hope that he is just a victim of amnesia or other mental incapacibility and will shortly turn up when someone takes him to a hospital or calls the police. I cannot bear the thought that someone so young and full of promise would be murdered.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:41 AM

755 posts, read 2,244,988 times
I do hope they get some answers soon.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:43 AM

99 posts, read 257,144 times
well, keep kyle's mother in your thoughts and prayers. one news outlet stated she was having surgery for breast cancer today.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by got charlotte View Post
well, keep kyle's mother in your thoughts and prayers. one news outlet stated she was having surgery for breast cancer today.
Yes, doesn't that suck?

Old 11-16-2007, 10:56 AM

16 posts, read 61,715 times
I am new to the forum and appreciate the links! What a sad story..I wonder if they will piece this together in the near future?

Old 11-16-2007, 11:09 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,669,212 times
This is an awful story. I can't imagine what the parents are going through.

He's in my prayers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte