U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2007, 02:33 PM

14 posts, read 74,310 times

Advertisements

Coach Van Arsdale resigned today under fire of being ousted. I hope he is taking the rest of that lousy inept coaching staff with him. Especially Bellissimo. Bellissimo is doing the players a diservice every time he calls a play. Please get these athletes a qualified and capable staff. Bellissimo was one of the worst offensive coordinator's I've ever seen. He doesn't have the vision necessary to make game time adjustments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 02:51 PM

3,322 posts, read 4,537,021 times
He was fired because the team underachieved???

Old 11-16-2007, 06:50 PM

273 posts, read 1,214,763 times
its high school football..its really not a big deal. If he was fired for being a bad leader to the kids then thats great, if he was fired for a losing record, well then the athletic dept needs to get a life.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:27 AM

Default football

Are you kidding me? The response sounds like it is from a non-athletic person. It isn't just about loosing games, it is about making bad decisions on the field, and not teaching the athletes properly. It is about not just turning over the reigns to a staff of people that are not capable of getting the job done. It is about making the decisions personally. Many students rely on sports for scholarship money to college. They need to be put in the best possible situation. Sports is also a learning experience, and they should be taught the game properly. If you don't think it is about winning, then talk to the athletes and anyone else involved in sports, from Pop Warner to College.

Old 11-22-2007, 02:32 PM

72 posts, read 199,919 times
as much of a die-hard college football fan as i am, i'd have to agree.

it's high school football. it's fun to win, it's fun to play, it's fun to cheer... but in the end, we've got much bigger fish to fry. name calling's not going to do a whole lot of good.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:52 AM

3,322 posts, read 4,537,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo44 View Post
Are you kidding me? The response sounds like it is from a non-athletic person. It isn't just about loosing games, it is about making bad decisions on the field, and not teaching the athletes properly. It is about not just turning over the reigns to a staff of people that are not capable of getting the job done. It is about making the decisions personally. Many students rely on sports for scholarship money to college. They need to be put in the best possible situation. Sports is also a learning experience, and they should be taught the game properly. If you don't think it is about winning, then talk to the athletes and anyone else involved in sports, from Pop Warner to College.

Not sure if your response was directed at me, but if it was I will let you know that I played football through college and lived in a household that was all sports all the time. My High School coach coached my the team for 20+ years and didn't have his first winning season until his 12th year or so. He then went on to have championship seasons and then back down to losing seasons. His teams that finished 1-8 still had players play Division I football (and two pro players). While coaching is vitally important for preparing an athlete to play a sport well, it's up to the individual to actually perform on the field. A team that doesn't do well on the field is usually one short of talent.

Sports is more than just about winning. Winning is easy. Losing with class is hard but it shows integrity and true sportsmanship. If one can do that, they have already won in a bigger game- life.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:10 AM

You are absolutely correct about losing with class, integrity, sportsmanship etc. However at the end of the day everyone wants to win, just like in the game of life. This is not about a lack of talent, this is about giving the athletes a fair chance by putting the right and a knowledgeable coaching staff in place. If they lacked talent then that would be a different story. Winning is fun, losing is not. You can lose a game, but still come out a winner, because you have learned something. This did not happen. They had wins, but learned nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte