Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 03:50 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Point well taken...

In context I can see the reasoning. Can we beat up Realtors now?!?! :P
Jump in! The water's warm, over on the "Real Estate Professionals" section...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 07:53 PM

108 posts, read 145,253 times
You "Genus(s)" can show all the stats you want. I'm seeing homes sell "big-time" this month in ranges > $400,000. There are many QUALIFIED Buyers out there that can afford the increased mortgage rates. Obviously I don't think "the media hype" was root cause for the Real Estate market turmoil. However, it influenced many qualified buyers NOT to purchase and/or LOWBALL Sellers with ridiculous offers. My best friend up North had 8 showings in October and already 9 in (November "of all months,lol"). 7 homes in the high $400,000, and 1 in the $500,000 sold since September in his neighborhood. I have the MLS Trend listings to prove it. LovesMountains may have a point in that the media hype discouraged qualified buyers from buying and deadlocked the market CONTRIBUTING to the slowdown not necessarily causing it. It's possible these qualified buyers are now dismissing the media hype and now starting to purchase real estate. This COULD create positive momentum for the 2008(and beyond) Real Estate market. Or it could be a "fluke". No doubt about it, homes are selling much better since September, especially in the higher priced homes $400,000 and up.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:09 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBound View Post
You "Genus(s)" can show all the stats you want. I'm seeing homes sell "big-time" this month in ranges > $400,000. There are many QUALIFIED Buyers out there that can afford the increased mortgage rates. Obviously I don't think "the media hype" was root cause for the Real Estate market turmoil. However, it influenced many qualified buyers NOT to purchase and/or LOWBALL Sellers with ridiculous offers. My best friend up North had 8 showings in October and already 9 in (November "of all months,lol"). 7 homes in the high $400,000, and 1 in the $500,000 sold since September in his neighborhood. I have the MLS Trend listings to prove it.
What planet are your living on? Where is this happening? Nobody said there weren't QUALIFIED buyers at ALL. You're referencing SHOWINGS as an indicator? Up "North?

I'm sitting here on Long Island in NY... I bought my house for 400k 3 1/2 years ago. I just had an engineer in today for a short sell at 375k after 1+ years on the market. This is a positive trend?!?!

Please know what you're talking about before posting.

Quote:
LovesMountains may have a point in that the media hype discouraged qualified buyers from buying and deadlocked the market CONTRIBUTING to the slowdown not necessarily causing it. It's possible these qualified buyers are now dismissing the media hype and now starting to purchase real estate. This COULD create positive momentum for the 2008(and beyond) Real Estate market. Or it could be a "fluke". No doubt about it, homes are selling much better since September, especially in the higher priced homes $400,000 and up.
I'll pretend that you didn't contradict yourself on the media hype after saying "Obviously I don't think "the media hype" was root cause".

Regarding these positive signs you see in sales... I made this statement on like the 1st post I made here. Please post data to support where in the "North" CLOSINGS increased in September compared to last year, when you factor in the TOTAL INVENTORY. If percentage wise the same amount or more is selling this year, I would be very interested in seeing that.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:18 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
I know the Jersey market still sucks..

Old 11-17-2007, 08:53 PM

Not living on your planet, Genus. Long Island is just one area in the the North that may not be doing well and you're just one seller. I agree that the "media hype" CONTRIBUTED to the SLOWDOWN not cause it. LoveMountains didn't say it soley caused the ENTIRE slowdown. So where's the contradiction, Genus ?? I'm referencing increased showings and closings in the LAST FEW MONTHS "3" (not 0 to 3 year trends on Long Island) which is normally slow this time of year. I don't have to prove anything to you, Genus. I have the proof and it's my opinion. I see what's selling and I read the MLS Trend reports. You should read my posts before getting all frustrated, Genus. Again I'm seeing improvements the LAST FEW MONTHS compared to the rest of 2007, Genus.
Normally real estate transactions are low volume this time of year and I was surprised with the amount of homes selling in the last 12 WEEKS and just wanted to know "why ?" "WHY????" Gotta read better, Genus. I'm just not sure how specific I can get when I say the last 3 months including the month of November. Also I mentioned POSITIVE MOMENTUM for 2008 not POSITIVE TREND. You know what, give your Long Island home away, lol. I give up.

Quote:
What planet are your living on? Where is this happening? Nobody said there weren't QUALIFIED buyers at ALL. You're referencing SHOWINGS as an indicator? Up "North?

I'm sitting here on Long Island in NY... I bought my house for 400k 3 1/2 years ago. I just had an engineer in today for a short sell at 375k after 1+ years on the market. This is a positive trend?!?!

Please know what you're talking about before posting.

I'll pretend that you didn't contradict yourself on the media hype after saying "Obviously I don't think "the media hype" was root cause".

Regarding these positive signs you see in sales... I made this statement on like the 1st post I made here. Please post data to support where in the "North" CLOSINGS increased in September compared to last year, when you factor in the TOTAL INVENTORY. If percentage wise the same amount or more is selling this year, I would be very interested in seeing that.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:54 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Quote:
Please post data to support where in the "North" CLOSINGS increased in September compared to last year, when you factor in the TOTAL INVENTORY. If percentage wise the same amount or more is selling this year, I would be very interested in seeing that.
Data??!! But he TOLD you that his friend up "NORTH" had 8 showings....

Isn't that good enough for you?

Old 11-17-2007, 08:59 PM

I guess not, LOL !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Data??!! But he TOLD you that his friend up "NORTH" had 8 showings....

Isn't that good enough for you?

Old 11-17-2007, 11:09 PM

536 posts, read 1,692,958 times
Question Genus or Genius?

Quote:
Not living on your planet, Genus... contradiction, Genus ?? ... to you, Genus.... frustrated, Genus. ...rest of 2007, Genus.
... better, Genus.
Dictionary.com -

Genus - 1. Biology. the usual major subdivision of a family or subfamily in the classification of organisms, usually consisting of more than one species.
2. Logic. a class or group of individuals, or of species of individuals.
3. a kind; sort; class.

Genius - 1. an exceptional natural capacity of intellect, especially as shown in creative and original work in science, art, music, etc.: the genius of Mozart.
2. a person having such capacity.
3. a person having an extraordinarily high intelligence rating on a psychological test, as an IQ above 140.
4. natural ability or capacity; strong inclination: a special genius for leadership.
5. distinctive character or spirit, as of a nation, period, or language.
6. the guardian spirit of a place, institution, etc.
7. either of two mutually opposed spirits, one good and the other evil, supposed to attend a person throughout life.
8. a person who strongly influences for good or ill the character, conduct, or destiny of a person, place, or thing: Rasputin, the evil genius of Russian politics.

I am sorry ATLBOUND which meaning was it you were going after, when you referred to MikeyKid?

Old 11-17-2007, 11:39 PM

536 posts, read 1,692,958 times
Exclamation Hope and pray you are right... but

Quote:
You "Genus(s)" can show all the stats you want. I'm seeing homes sell "big-time" this month in ranges > $400,000. There are many QUALIFIED Buyers out there that can afford the increased mortgage rates. Obviously I don't think "the media hype" was root cause for the Real Estate market turmoil. However, it influenced many qualified buyers NOT to purchase and/or LOWBALL Sellers with ridiculous offers. My best friend up North had 8 showings in October and already 9 in (November "of all months,lol"). 7 homes in the high $400,000, and 1 in the $500,000 sold since September in his neighborhood. I have the MLS Trend listings to prove it. LovesMountains may have a point in that the media hype discouraged qualified buyers from buying and deadlocked the market CONTRIBUTING to the slowdown not necessarily causing it. It's possible these qualified buyers are now dismissing the media hype and now starting to purchase real estate. This COULD create positive momentum for the 2008(and beyond) Real Estate market. Or it could be a "fluke". No doubt about it, homes are selling much better since September, especially in the higher priced homes $400,000 and up.
Good send them to me!

I was just reading the Charlotte Business Journal, and they had an article about the closings dropping, the number of homes sold, fell 23% from this time last year, etc... Also had an article online about how foreclosures went down for the month of Sept. But the latest (hardcopy) copy I have in my hand talks about on page 6 -

"Major Rise in Foreclosures boosts banks' homes sales"

Which went on to say more than 8% of home sales in Charlotte area are foreclosed on. Also said "that is a 16% increase from previous quarter and a 31% rise over the third quarter 2006 and a whopping 363% increase since the first quarter of 2006."

So while there maybe a slight spike with some people you know "up north" of people finally, selling or buying a home, I predict it is just a pre-holiday rush. or maybe some investors boosting banks' homes sales

Old 11-18-2007, 03:48 AM

Genus since he's from another planet like me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
Dictionary.com -

Genus - 1. Biology. the usual major subdivision of a family or subfamily in the classification of organisms, usually consisting of more than one species.
2. Logic. a class or group of individuals, or of species of individuals.
3. a kind; sort; class.

Genius - 1. an exceptional natural capacity of intellect, especially as shown in creative and original work in science, art, music, etc.: the genius of Mozart.
2. a person having such capacity.
3. a person having an extraordinarily high intelligence rating on a psychological test, as an IQ above 140.
4. natural ability or capacity; strong inclination: a special genius for leadership.
5. distinctive character or spirit, as of a nation, period, or language.
6. the guardian spirit of a place, institution, etc.
7. either of two mutually opposed spirits, one good and the other evil, supposed to attend a person throughout life.
8. a person who strongly influences for good or ill the character, conduct, or destiny of a person, place, or thing: Rasputin, the evil genius of Russian politics.

I am sorry ATLBOUND which meaning was it you were going after, when you referred to MikeyKid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: