U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 03:51 AM

108 posts, read 104,985 times

Advertisements

Baby Face things are looking up,UP and UP for the Real Estate Market. Don't believe the "HYPE", Baby Face. Sales will be great in 2008 !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
Good send them to me!

I was just reading the Charlotte Business Journal, and they had an article about the closings dropping, the number of homes sold, fell 23% from this time last year, etc... Also had an article online about how foreclosures went down for the month of Sept. But the latest (hardcopy) copy I have in my hand talks about on page 6 -

"Major Rise in Foreclosures boosts banks' homes sales"

Which went on to say more than 8% of home sales in Charlotte area are foreclosed on. Also said "that is a 16% increase from previous quarter and a 31% rise over the third quarter 2006 and a whopping 363% increase since the first quarter of 2006."

So while there maybe a slight spike with some people you know "up north" of people finally, selling or buying a home, I predict it is just a pre-holiday rush. or maybe some investors boosting banks' homes sales
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 07:05 AM

5,783 posts, read 8,413,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBound View Post
Baby Face things are looking up,UP and UP for the Real Estate Market. Don't believe the "HYPE", Baby Face. Sales will be great in 2008 !!!!!
<3 the attitude... I have to admit. But, honestly it's waaaay too glass is half FULL.

2008 is going to be a horrendous year for real estate - anyone who is anyone ... anyone who really is a genIus ^^ from an economic standpoint is talking about the housing bubble bursting.

Ask your realtor friend up "North" how many sales he's doing as SHORT sells... Do you even know what a short sell is? Ask how many foreclosures are hitting the market every day. Ask him how houses are finding their way to being priced at 2003 levels to finally sell - at a reduced price from the listing.

You may think sales will be "great" in 2008, but it will be at the cost of further weakening an economy already in bad shape. This isn't a good thing.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:02 AM

876 posts, read 3,482,056 times
activity in my neighborhood picked up, another home just went under contract. We are all new construction though, no resales.

I also noticed, which came as a suprise to me, that the houses in my neighborhood just went up $5K-10K each. Usually I see prices come down as they sit on the MLS, but these went up this month? Strange.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:34 AM

7,929 posts, read 17,760,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
activity in my neighborhood picked up, another home just went under contract. We are all new construction though, no resales.

I also noticed, which came as a suprise to me, that the houses in my neighborhood just went up $5K-10K each. Usually I see prices come down as they sit on the MLS, but these went up this month? Strange.
we thought the same thing here, we had 3 homes go under contract in my development recently as well, within the last 2 weeks...

Old 11-22-2007, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
we thought the same thing here, we had 3 homes go under contract in my development recently as well, within the last 2 weeks...
well, must be something in the air around here, they just sold another home in our neighborhood and I spoke with a friendly couple earlier today who was looking at the house next door as well.

I think its picking up around here again..WOOHOO!

Old 11-22-2007, 09:27 PM

5,783 posts, read 8,413,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
well, must be something in the air around here, they just sold another home in our neighborhood and I spoke with a friendly couple earlier today who was looking at the house next door as well.

I think its picking up around here again..WOOHOO!
What price point do these home fall in? If you wouldn't mind sharing...

Thanks

Old 11-23-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
What price point do these home fall in? If you wouldn't mind sharing...

Thanks
every home with the exception of 2-3 are waterview of Lake Norman. Cheapest one right now is $469,900, most expensive which just sold was $795K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or