U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 01:42 PM

9,578 posts, read 8,881,846 times

Advertisements

I am amazed at the leaf colors in this area. As bright and colorful as New England. Truly a pleasant surprise. The reds here are simply dynamic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 01:58 PM

7,930 posts, read 17,788,392 times
I agree the trees are so red, and yellow and just beautiful....

Old 11-17-2007, 04:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,586,358 times
I have some reds and yellows that need to be bagged up off the deck by Monday if you two enjoy them that much LOL.

The oak trees always drive me nuts due to they dont want to let go of all their leaves til late winter.

I am glad you two enjoying the season

Old 11-17-2007, 04:06 PM

273 posts, read 1,215,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I have some reds and yellows that need to be bagged up off the deck by Monday if you two enjoy them that much LOL.

The oak trees always drive me nuts due to they dont want to let go of all their leaves til late winter.

I am glad you two enjoying the season
lol that was the worst especially when I was in CT. So many leaves would fall early autumn, so I'd take hours raking those, then 2 weeks later the whole yard would be covered again!! Then it would happen for a 3rd time! And the biggest problem was that leaf pickup was only a 1 time thing and they did it so early that the 2 times after the pickup I had to figure out what to do with the leaves myself! I agree on how beautiful they are, especially on my way to work by the airport and down by the farmers market. If I look out the 5th floor window in my office, I can see miles of beautiful colors.

Old 11-17-2007, 04:46 PM

513 posts, read 1,915,442 times
I agree - the foliage is amazing!! I thought the drought might affect the colors this year, but I guess not! It cracks me up when people complain that we don't have seasons here. Our fall is beautiful!!! We just sort of skip the miserable winters!!!

Old 11-17-2007, 04:57 PM

673 posts, read 2,437,637 times
I am from FL, have lived there all my life, and have never seen fall leaves. I am enjoying driving down all the tree-lined streets. How long will these colors last? When will all the leaves fall off?

Old 11-17-2007, 05:15 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,586,358 times
I think they are peaking now in the area so they probably will turn brown or fall off the trees esp on small trees like dogwoods, crape myrtles, bradford pears, but as mention above oak trees seem to hang on to it some of it leaves til late winter til new growth pushes the old ones off.

It is best to rake (leaf blow) up the leaves before it rains or you will end up with dead spots on your grass.

I have this weird thing falling from one of my trees and I dont know what kind of tree it is but it about the size of a baseball and green in color. I thought it was persimmon's but it isnt.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:20 AM

40 posts, read 85,060 times
The beautiful foliage is a pleasant surprise. I am from Boston originally and never expected to have so much color here. I just came back from the mountains - Chimney Rock - and the color was absolutely gorgeous. Apparently, the color has lasted longer than usual this year in the mountains. I'm not sure how long it will last, but it is a must see if you get the chance.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:29 AM

4,299 posts, read 13,639,854 times
Fabulous here in Myrtle Beach as well,I was plesantly surprised. I just want to stop all over the roads and take pictures.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:35 AM

9,578 posts, read 8,881,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Fabulous here in Myrtle Beach as well,I was plesantly surprised. I just want to stop all over the roads and take pictures.
Yea, pictures just don't do it justice though. My northern friends brag they get better foliage and have better seasons. I try to convince them we have 3 and a half seasons here (no deep winter) but its seems to fall on deaf ears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or