Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 10:15 AM

672 posts, read 1,824,215 times

Advertisements

See article:
Judge criticized for dismissals resigns 4:01 PM | Local News | News for Charlotte, North Carolina | WCNC.com | Top Stories (http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-042808-mw-judgeresigns.abaa3659.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 10:24 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,305,693 times
Good post and very helpful with the upcoming primary and general election coming up.
Since Judges are elected in this state.
We need to share on this forum what judges will take a tougher approach on the crime issue so we can elect those judges over others. Same thing for attorney general and other officials. Often when I go to vote I have no clue who stands for what issues except for the bigger ticket officials like Governor, Lt Governor and mayor offices.
I have no clue who to vote for far as judges running and would love to here who you think will do a better job from anyone. Thanks

Old 04-29-2008, 10:29 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,382,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjaws View Post
See article:
Judge criticized for dismissals resigns 4:01 PM | Local News | News for Charlotte, North Carolina | WCNC.com | Top Stories (http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-042808-mw-judgeresigns.abaa3659.html - broken link)
I saw this last night on the news - WOO HOO!! In my opinion, when the police officers doing all the hard work and risking their lives to catch these bast*ards see a judge as a problem to keeping these guys off the streets, it is time for the judge to go!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I saw this last night on the news - WOO HOO!! In my opinion, when the police officers doing all the hard work and risking their lives to catch these bast*ards see a judge as a problem to keeping these guys off the streets, it is time for the judge to go!
I agree, we need to weed the bad judges out and appoint ones that will rule against criminals, not for them.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:58 AM

677 posts, read 2,228,364 times
Sunny,

How about a sticky for the upcoming elections where we can keep track of the major issues and where the candidates stand on those issues?

Old 04-29-2008, 11:31 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,521,871 times
That might be a small step in the right direction...what we need are more JAILS & PRISONS!

Doesn't matter what the judge says if there is no where to put them...right?

ALL jails & prisons are over crowded!

Old 04-29-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
That might be a small step in the right direction...what we need are more JAILS & PRISONS!

Doesn't matter what the judge says if there is no where to put them...right?

ALL jails & prisons are over crowded!
A slight correction my friend...the jails are too crowded because there aren't enough state prisons to put people in. We need to pressure the folks in Raleigh (who love to act like Charlotte is the distainful stepchild of the state) for more funds for PRISONS.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
A slight correction my friend...the jails are too crowded because there aren't enough state prisons to put people in. We need to pressure the folks in Raleigh (who love to act like Charlotte is the distainful stepchild of the state) for more funds for PRISONS.
Hmmm, on that note, I have often heard that our tax dollars go to Raleigh and that they disperse it how they see fit. SO are they basically sitting in their oversized mansions soaking up our tax dollars while we have little money to fund jails, control crime, etc?

Old 04-29-2008, 12:17 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,521,871 times
Quote:
Correct!

Old 04-29-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjaws View Post
Hmmm, on that note, I have often heard that our tax dollars go to Raleigh and that they disperse it how they see fit. SO are they basically sitting in their oversized mansions soaking up our tax dollars while we have little money to fund jails, control crime, etc?
Not quite...what I see happening is more funding going to their end of the state for roads and such. Have you ever driven around Raleigh? For miles before you even approach it the interstate is 6 and 8 laned and flowing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte