U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 03:01 PM

21,686 posts, read 37,059,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandibadji View Post
Been there, done that. I even have a bottle or two of everclear in the ole freezer.
good for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 09:21 AM

21,686 posts, read 37,059,566 times
I found this archive clip in the Defend Charlotte series Charlotte Got Alot (http://defendcharlotte.com/slogan.htm - broken link)

Old 11-16-2008, 11:26 AM

34,519 posts, read 40,050,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I found this archive clip in the Defend Charlotte series Charlotte Got Alot (http://defendcharlotte.com/slogan.htm - broken link)
Well . . . don't know about everyone else but that kinda hits me as - blaaahhh.

I wonder how much the ad agency got paid for coming up w/ that. But maybe others think it is a great slogan.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:30 AM

4,709 posts, read 4,880,063 times
I hope this is not off topic, but I recently attended a Panthers' Sunday (yesterday)!!! I saw people doing things on a Sunday morning that you would not expect people to be doing in North Carolina period. It was hard to video record the scene because I was trying not to capture people drinking on the streets. Their "beverages" were not hidden by brown paper bags neither. Most drunk staight from the bottle and within a couple of hundred feet of deputies directing traffic. I was successful in not getting the illegal drinkers on video thank goodness. I don't wish to get anyone into trouble who was just having fun. I did get the overall crowd and vibe of a Panthers' Sunday. Events like this adds to Charlotte's cosmopolitan feel to me. Here are those videos!!! Be sure to choose the "high quality" option when you watch these videos. Enjoy!!!

YouTube - Urban Charlotte

YouTube - Panthers Sunday

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 11-17-2008 at 10:42 AM..

Old 11-17-2008, 10:56 AM

4,227 posts, read 3,750,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I hope this is not off topic, but I recently attended a Panthers' Sunday (yesterday)!!! I saw people doing things on a Sunday morning that you would not expect people to be doing in North Carolina period. It was hard to video record the scene because I was trying not to capture people drinking on the streets. Their "beverages" were not hidden by brown paper bags neither. Most drunk staight from the bottle and within a couple of hundred feet of deputies directing traffic. I was successful in not getting the illegal drinkers on video thank goodness. I don't wish to get anyone into trouble who was just having fun. I did get the overall crowd and vibe of a Panthers' Sunday. Events like this adds to Charlotte's cosmopolitan feel to me. Here are those videos!!! Be sure to choose the "high quality" option when you watch these videos. Enjoy!!!

YouTube - Urban Charlotte

Not off topic at all. Thanks. Too bad you couldn't have gotten a "Press" pass.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:15 AM

1,304 posts, read 772,933 times
No its not cosmopolitian!!!!!!!!!!! its slow and draining. and far behind. I like shopping and the retail in this city is a slump

Old 11-18-2008, 02:20 AM

4,738 posts, read 3,620,635 times
Feel free to head on back to ATL, then.

Charlotte isn't for everyone. That's why they make different flavors of ice cream, ya know?

Old 11-18-2008, 04:05 AM

4,709 posts, read 4,880,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Feel free to head on back to ATL, then.

Charlotte isn't for everyone. That's why they make different flavors of ice cream, ya know?
It is okay!!! Folks in Atlanta are more than welcome to give their opinions of Charlotte. To an Atlantan, Charlotte is not cosmopolitan. People from any city that is larger than Charlotte would not see Charlotte as being cosmopolitan. I will say this. The fact that an Atlantan felt the need to come onto Charlotte's forum and tell us that we are not cosmopolitan is kinda funny. People from New York, Chicago, and LA don't do this. I wonder why an Atlantan did? Could it be that he is tired of all the Charlotte vs. Atlanta comparison questions down in Georgia? Could it be that he is a little sour about the whole Nascar Hall thing? Could it be that the Panthers are better than the Falcons? Could it be that if Charlotte was a town in Metro Atlanta, Charlotte's name would be listed first because the "city" is actually larger? Could it be that Atlanta transit officials recently made a trip to Charlotte to take notes on how to build a light rail system then wrote a 2 part series about what they learned from Charlotte in the local paper?

Here is a link to that article. Being that Atlanta is so cosmopolitan, this article would suggest that some folks in Atlanta thinks Charlotte is becoming cosmopolitan too.

Charlotte transit plans leave Atlanta in slow lane | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/saporta/stories/2008/03/30/saporta_0331.html - broken link)
Charlotte shows state support for transit is vital | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/printedition/2008/04/07/saporta0407.html - broken link)

Old 11-18-2008, 05:54 AM

3,165 posts, read 3,442,329 times

Old 11-18-2008, 07:41 AM

34,519 posts, read 40,050,649 times
Interesting observations, Urban! And I agree - we are all fully aware that CLT is not ATL - and I don't know anyone who WANTS CLT to be ATL. ATL is just down the road . . . when I want what ATL has to offer, I drive down and partake, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte