U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 09:15 AM

11,720 posts, read 9,345,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecracker View Post
So, what is worse?
The false prophets or the congregations that keep giving their resources to them?
I would put the false prophet slightly above the congregation

Old 11-07-2013, 10:55 AM

87 posts, read 173,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post

1) If they are bringing in $500k/week, wouldn't it make a larger impact if they cut the middle man out (Furtick) and put the money directly into the community? If your real focus is giving to the community, you can do that without Furtick. You can give time as well without Furtick. He's clearly fleecing the flock.

2) I can't think of anything Jesus was more upset about than profiteering from the Church. I mean Jesus whipped the guilty, overturned tables, and kicked every one of them out of the temple. Jesus did this because people were selling goods in the Church. How can anyone reconcile going to a Church where the pastor does the one thing that set Jesus off?

Can you imagine how much good $500k a week would do to help the community? It's amazing how some can't practice what they preach.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:00 PM

3,521 posts, read 2,233,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylizard View Post

Can you imagine how much good $500k a week would do to help the community? It's amazing how some can't practice what they preach.
Like Bono said, "Well the God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister!"

Old 11-08-2013, 06:54 AM

533 posts, read 764,871 times
For 500k a week you could rebuild communities entirely.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:15 AM

3,322 posts, read 4,533,912 times
Have the released any official, AUDITED financial statments or are they still cooking, er, collecting the data?

Old 11-08-2013, 09:47 AM

74 posts, read 112,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Have the released any official, AUDITED financial statments or are they still cooking, er, collecting the data?
They've had audited financial statements all along done by DeWitt Foard and Company in Charlotte and note this in their so-called "annual report" (the one mentioning breath mints and v-neck shirts).

It would take one of their IT people about 10 minutes to scan the documents from DeWitt and put them on the Elevation Church website immediately.

But for whatever reason, they're not doing it!

Old 11-08-2013, 09:52 AM

7,672 posts, read 9,866,161 times
I can see why they don't want to disclose how much money they bring in from tithes. When I tithe, I always tithe what I am comfortable with regardless of the situation. People knowing the amount they are raking in and feels it's a lot, I can see them tithing less thinking the church doesn't need it as much. Especially a church that is asking for donations to fund this project or that project and make it seem like they barely can sustain them or need help in continuing them. Those online sermons take on a whole different meaning now.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:11 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,480,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriColchester View Post
They've had audited financial statements all along done by DeWitt Foard and Company in Charlotte and note this in their so-called "annual report" (the one mentioning breath mints and v-neck shirts).

It would take one of their IT people about 10 minutes to scan the documents from DeWitt and put them on the Elevation Church website immediately.

But for whatever reason, they're not doing it!
Why do you care or why is it any of your buisness ?

Old 11-08-2013, 11:53 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,568,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Why do you care or why is it any of your buisness ?
If you look at Lori's posting history, a good number of them are specifically against this church. Other ones are against religion in general. What she has to gain has yet to be determined.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:18 PM

99 posts, read 155,386 times
To OP, if it looks like a duck. For those calling others motives into question, what is you motive? Seems like there are quite a few Furtick apologists on this board. As a religious but non- Elevation person, I have followed this thread and story at length. I work all over the country and so get to see the good the bad and the ugly of religion in my line of work. Unfortunately, my thought is that this will unravel like all schemes eventually do. Furtick's hubrus will be his undoing. Not participating in pastoral duties, building a mega sized home, expanding internationally, etc. This story has played out numerous times. 500k a week and you give away 10 million in 7 years is a pittance. Not sharing your true audited finacial statements will be the next red flag for the congregation. Matters such as "the code" come on. Really what does "the code" mean to someone in canada when you compare Ruth's Chris to Golden Corral. Why insult Golden Corral? Probably because it basically reads, we only want wealthy people in our congregation. Good luck to all involved, but once the euphoria of the rock music and lights wears off, all thats left is the true word of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte