Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2007, 07:03 PM

2 posts, read 5,519 times

Advertisements

Me and my Husband are relocating from Fl. to the Charlotte area. Need to know where to find the best schools for challenging kids with high iq's, and the best kid friendly towns that are not in the city, like little towns; but not to far. I will also be interested if the cost of living is more expensive than fl. We are on a tight budget with 4 kids. Need to know if this move is the best.

I will also need to find a job, how is the medical field around the areas?

ANy advise is great.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 07:42 PM

9 posts, read 27,037 times
Hey. I am an ex Academically gifted teacher (now real estate). Check out Cabarrus County Schools. There are a lot of good things about them. Also, there are some gifted opportunities in area with camps, etc. Have your children been tested? Your new school will want to see the type of test to see if they accept it.

Best Wishes. Concord is a great place to live.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:31 PM

3 posts, read 7,258 times
Wink Mount Pleasant School District Best

Mount Pleasant School District is the desired school here (near Concord). Mt Pleasant is a small town with a main street and has excellent AG programs.Moderator cut: solicitation . You are very close to big city of Charlotte(about 30 miles) if you want to enjoy opportunities, but your children will be in the best school with small town values.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-21-2007 at 06:23 PM..

Old 11-23-2007, 06:06 AM

2 posts, read 5,519 times
Default thanks

Thanks for the information, its very scary moving when you do not know the areas at all.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,701 times
Default Best schools in area

Hi, I am former mortgage company employee, now real estate agent, also mom of 2 kids. I would recommend to look into Union county schools, they are considered best in the area. Fort Mill is a great little town with affordable prices, close to Charlotte.
You can even check out my website to see what's on the market.
Good luck

Old 11-23-2007, 03:30 PM

20 posts, read 28,021 times
I think it depends on the school not the school system (spec. the principal). My child has a very high iq and Union County has been useless to date. Esp if your kids are K-3. Try getting into a private school.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:34 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,425,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMom View Post
I think it depends on the school not the school system (spec. the principal). My child has a very high iq and Union County has been useless to date. Esp if your kids are K-3. Try getting into a private school.
I totally second that comment. For the most part the school system is great and the teachers seem to be smart and dedicated, but some of the administrators have a lot to be desired. My advice would be to "interview" any principal for any school you might want to send your kids to.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:01 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
for union county look into Rea View alot of their teachers including my daughters is an AIG Teacher, I know they have been giving alot of extra work for the kids that need it..I cant speak for the other schools as My child doesnt attend them...my dd's freinds are gifted and 2 grades ahead and they have been very accommidating to her and her child as there are many others as well. I do agree its the Principal and admin staff of the school, and not just the District.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:02 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
I would also look into Ft Mill but there are 2 that are really good, I have neighbors that are moving there and there children have been going to school there already and are very pleased with the Gifted Program as well as the assistance they are recieving for their child who has Learning Disabilites as well. You can also go to greatschools.net and you can always call and ask the schools what they offer for Highly gifted children
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte