U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 09:22 PM

2 posts, read 5,772 times

Advertisements

Try Bonnie @ Theory Salon 704 332 9744 She is great!

Old 12-29-2007, 06:44 AM

5,975 posts, read 17,564,719 times
Default Dolce Lusso & Beauty Brands

I go to Dolce Lusso in Baxter. Sarah cuts my hair. $150 is average for cut and color (not foils). You can have a drink of your choice, and they give you a chair massage while either at the cutting chair or shampoo chair. It is a full service salon with nail service and day spa. All their products are Aveda only. I'm very happy with them! This is probably the closest salon to you in Fort Mill. I also used to go to Beauty Brands at the Promenade (corner of Providence and Ballantyne Commons Pkwy). They were good as well but it's so far out of my way.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:54 AM

146 posts, read 411,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I go to Dolce Lusso in Baxter. Sarah cuts my hair. $150 is average for cut and color (not foils). You can have a drink of your choice, and they give you a chair massage while either at the cutting chair or shampoo chair. It is a full service salon with nail service and day spa. All their products are Aveda only. I'm very happy with them! This is probably the closest salon to you in Fort Mill. I also used to go to Beauty Brands at the Promenade (corner of Providence and Ballantyne Commons Pkwy). They were good as well but it's so far out of my way.
I also go to Dolce Lusso in Baxter and have been happy so far. Richie has been cutting my hair and I have been happy with it. I pay $60 for a haircut which is less then I paid in PA. You also can't beat how close to home it is if you live in Fort Mill.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:50 PM

14 posts, read 31,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
I wont say that $$ is no object, but I was used to paying about $150 for cut and color in the Washington DC area. Pricey but he was that good. My hair always looked great. Is that considered average or high here?

Thanks all..Kitt
If you can hold on until Wednesday...I can give you the number of the hairdresser my boss uses. Her name is Linda and she is in Charlotte. about an 1 hour from Fort Mills. She charges about 80 for color, she does a great job.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:51 PM

14 posts, read 31,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy5k View Post
If you can hold on until Wednesday...I can give you the number of the hairdresser my boss uses. Her name is Linda and she is in Charlotte. about an 1 hour from Fort Mills. She charges about 80 for color, she does a great job.
Actually I have her number here...704-287-6098

Old 01-24-2008, 12:42 PM

2 posts, read 6,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet* View Post
I go to Susan Varji at Varji and Varji Salon in South Park. She and her husband Max are fantastic, and even though they're pricey, I think they're a fantastic value. (Though I would go to Susan no matter what she charged. I've followed her from several salons already.) Sometimes I get busy and can't go in for regular cuts, but every cut she gives me even grows out looking good. To me, that's a good haircut! I've raved about them elsewhere on this forum, if you feel like doing a search.
As a newcomer to Charlotte, I've been searching and reading all these posts on salons, spas, etc. I recently tried Varji and was shocked by their no credit card tipping policy. The not very friendly front desk girls sent me to either the grocery store across the street or the bank around the corner to withdraw cash so that I could adequately tip. Though the salon seems very nice otherwise, I'm not impressed by this inconvenience that I've never encountered elsewhere. Just be prepared with enough cash or your checkbook if you go.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:49 PM

5,975 posts, read 17,564,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkeye View Post
As a newcomer to Charlotte, I've been searching and reading all these posts on salons, spas, etc. I recently tried Varji and was shocked by their no credit card tipping policy. The not very friendly front desk girls sent me to either the grocery store across the street or the bank around the corner to withdraw cash so that I could adequately tip. Though the salon seems very nice otherwise, I'm not impressed by this inconvenience that I've never encountered elsewhere. Just be prepared with enough cash or your checkbook if you go.
Seems to me some people would not want to declare income on receipts???

Old 01-24-2008, 05:23 PM

429 posts, read 670,871 times
If you are still searching for a "great" hairstylist in the Charlotte area, I would highly recommend Cathy Phillips @ Forbici Salon 704-331-0010, 1419 East Blvd., located in the Twin Oaks Shopping Center (above Dickadee's Rest.) She has been my hairdresser for 16 yrs. and I will admit there were a couple of times that I tried other stylist (trying to cut cost) but it always ended up costing me more because my hair has this horrible tendency to turn very brassy so I would have to call Cathy for a color corection appt. after my appt that was supposed to cut cost. Cathy is the only one who can highlight my hair perfectly (no brassiness-just beautiful blonde!) I learned my lesson and I will never stray again...

Old 01-25-2008, 02:22 PM

716 posts, read 1,907,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkeye View Post
You know I left Charlotte for two years and recently came back. Before I left, I was able to tip on the card at Varji, and when I came back they no longer did that! I was as surprised as you were, based on my past experience.

However, the whole time I lived in Northern Virginia, I never had a salon allow me to leave a tip on the credit card. They were all cash or check only.

My only guess is that it's so they can leave it up to the employees to declare their tips to the IRS on their own? I will try to remember to ask why next time I go in there...

Old 01-26-2008, 08:04 PM

65 posts, read 214,815 times
JR renditions in Matthews, Nc Very good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or