Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 06:23 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,371 times

Advertisements

Agree but don't tell anyone about Gaston County. Let them think it's bad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I would not have a problem living in the Sam Wilson/Moores Chapel area. Nor would I have a problem with the Coulwood area. Mountain Island Lake borders West Charlotte and I wouldn't have a problem with that either. Those areas are fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 08:13 AM

9 posts, read 33,947 times
someone said hidden valley was wonderfull MY friends grandma lived there and she was robbed 7 times in 1 year 2003 and she said some thugs went up to her and asked if she wanted dope for sale and she said there were 8 shootings in that year she said graffiti anywhere in her local gas station she said the police said there was a very dangeous gang in her own neighbor hood and she was lucky she didnt die but bieng robbed asked if she wanted drugs 2 times and then having gang related shootings thats a good neighbored for sure

Old 05-27-2011, 08:20 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,366,938 times
Dial 911. There's a punctuation thief on the loose.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:21 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
Wesley Heights is the new Ballantyne...

Old 05-27-2011, 02:53 PM

21 posts, read 38,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Wesley Heights is the new Ballantyne...
God, I hope not.....

Old 05-27-2011, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Wallace View Post
My family and I are relocating to Charlotte, NC from NJ and need to know what areas are bad in Charlotte, NC? Also, would it be cheaper finding an apartment close to Charlotte instead of living in Charlotte? Our church home is in Charlotte and we need to be within 30 minutes of there for commuting purposes. What other areas could we consider moving to? We have two teenage sons, one is 12 and one is 15.
I see you are looking for a great place to live in the Mecklenburg area. I believe Huntersville would be your best bet. I live here and feel that it is so much better than living in Charlotte. It is a community that is friendly and have activities centered around family's. Also it is close to practically everything without being in the heart of the city. Depending on where and when you move it very well may be cheaper to live here than in Charlotte.

[url=http://churchofphiladelphia.com]Non-Denominational Church located in Charlotte, NC | Church of Philadelphia[/url]

Old 05-30-2011, 01:08 PM

149 posts, read 327,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **FREE.MY.LIL.BRO.DOVE** View Post
Ive lived in Charlotte fer about 13 years and id have 2 say tht tha main places yall prolli wont wanna go near is hidden valley,east side terrifs, most of the east side isnt to great but highest crime to murder rate is in hidden valley im right on ciderella lane in hv but as long as ur from around that area ur ok but id say nice home north and westside of the citiy and around there your fine

Find out which area this poster ^ lives in and it'll give you a heads up of one area to avoid. LOL

Old 06-10-2013, 07:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,104 times
Where are some good places to live in Charlotte? I've heard bad things about the east, west and north side. Are these areas that bad?

Old 06-11-2013, 06:43 AM

328 posts, read 615,954 times
A lot of the talk of the "bad" areas of Charlotte is overly general (not ALL of the west side is bad, not ALL of south Charlotte is wealthy, etc).

As a vague rule of thumb, south CLT has the highest amount of wealthy neighborhoods. There are some more dangerous spots on the west side, particularly running between Uptown and the airport. Similarly, North Tryon between Uptown and Sugar Creek can be dicey too.

However, this information is extremely broad, and there are certainly parts of the west/north side that are transitioning and/or already safe. I lived in West CLT (off Clanton), grocery shopped there, took my dog for walks in Clanton Park, and for a time worked there. While there were certainly areas I would avoid, I can say that in my experience I never felt unsafe in my neighborhood. I have friends who have said the same about living in parts of north CLT - particularly around NoDa.

I'm not saying my experience is representative of everyone else's. All I'd argue is that you have to take the advice on here with a grain of salt - it helps a lot when you are actually able to be on the ground and seethe neighborhoods for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte