Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 02:47 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times

Advertisements

WE are looking in waxhaw and just came back from Union County on Sat, anyway absoultely beautiful is all I can say...People are very nice supermarkets are really nice and clean and alot of shopping....Home prices have gotten higher but still affordable..I dont know anything about Tega Cay but Weddington, Waxhaw were really nice with some beautiful homes...Cant wait to sell my house and be NC bound
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2007, 03:20 PM

64 posts, read 237,701 times
For opening shops, I would consider the waxhaw area (town square) it is less expensive rental space than Cureton but within the same proximity and you might still be able to find housing in the 250 range but more like 400-500 range out there...

Old 01-01-2007, 06:39 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronacaster View Post
My wife and I are also planning a 207 move to the Charlotte area and were impressed with the Tega Cay area when we visited. Prices and taxes seem reasonable and my wife's daily commute to the airport would not be bad. We also are thinking of the Waxhaw area. Any comments, negative or positive, about Tega Cay?
Also I'm looking for a familiy-convenient location for a small music shop and teaching studio but can't afford prime space. Any suggestions?
I appreciate the help.

Hey there Ronacaster - I happen to live in Tega Cay, SC with children within the Fort Mill school district. IMO this area would be a great area for someone with your experience. There is a strong band/music background within Fort Mill...along with some of our neighbors throughout Tega Cay that provide music lessons within their homes (such as Piano, Harp, and Violin). I could be wrong but I am not aware of anyone that provides guitar lessons in the area (other than in Rock Hill, SC and Charlotte, NC). If your interested feel free to send me a PM...I might have some contacts for you and suggestions on space within the area.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:47 PM

4,271 posts, read 6,297,425 times
ronacaster - I live in Fort Mill, just next to Tega Cay. I think it's a great area and you've chosen well to move there! Would you be opening the music shop and teaching studio in Tega Cay or in Charlotte? I ask because I've been hoping to get my daughter into piano lessons in the next year or so. For that reason I recommend you think about the downtown Fort Mill area which is going through a small renaissance right now as new shops go up in that older area. You may be able to find some good space there and your "commute" would be next to nothing!

As I've said in other posts, if you want a good TC/FM realtor recommendation, I can certainly give you one. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to know more about FM/TC and I'll help you all I can! I love this area!

Old 01-10-2007, 04:02 PM

43 posts, read 154,556 times
Waxhaw area is small and nice, great people, good schools and wonderful space to breathe. You will have no problem finding housing in the 180,000 to 230,00 price range. Since we relocated our house in Waxhaw is up for sale.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:39 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momcantrell View Post
Waxhaw area is small and nice, great people, good schools and wonderful space to breathe. You will have no problem finding housing in the 180,000 to 230,00 price range. Since we relocated our house in Waxhaw is up for sale.
But his wifes commute to the airport for work would be MUCH harder than if they live in Fort Mill. For that reason alone I vote for Fort Mill. Plus, that is also a prime spot for opening a music studio - with all the newcomers and the interest in the award winning Fort Mill High School band.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:32 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,342,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahari View Post
Thank you, Lucy, for the information. I will visit the Ballentyne area also.

Jackie
Nothing in the 1-2K range there either. Have you researched the feasibility of opening a business here and whether or not a market exists for your product? Overhead in Charlotte can be expensive as well, depending on what you're selling and the clientele you hope to attract.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:08 PM

473 posts, read 1,578,807 times
Red face Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronacaster View Post
My wife and I are also planning a 207 move to the Charlotte area and were impressed with the Tega Cay area when we visited. Prices and taxes seem reasonable and my wife's daily commute to the airport would not be bad. We also are thinking of the Waxhaw area. Any comments, negative or positive, about Tega Cay?
Also I'm looking for a familiy-convenient location for a small music shop and teaching studio but can't afford prime space. Any suggestions?
I appreciate the help.
Tega Cay is beautiful! But as I understand it, it also has the highest taxes in the area. I've heard the commute coming from SC to NC can be a bear but I haven't personally experienced it.

We ended up moving to Huntersville about 7 months ago. Love it! There are also a lot of townhomes and such that are pretty reasonable. There are a couple of little mini villages with shopping and housing above them or nearby. We live in Rosedale and there is a lot of plaza construction popping up around us. I honestly don't know the cost of it but there is a huge hospital nearby. I would think that you might be able to sustain something like that in this area.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:54 PM

6 posts, read 20,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahari View Post
In the summer of 2007 I will be relocating from Chicago to Charlotte where I plan to open a retail shop in Spring 2008.

I am in my 40s, single and without children so at the present time I am not too worried about the school system.

Can anyone advise on the best communities to buy a home. Looking for a single family home in the high 100's low 200's range.

Also any advice you can give about living in Charlotte will be appreciated.

thanks.

Jackie
Jackie -

I may be wrong about this but I was there in December and I'm pretty sure I saw some places going up that offer live/work townhome units around NoDa or South End, and I think even in downtown Matthews. Depending on what kind of boutique you're goint to open, those areas could probably be great because the keep attracting more people each day, and then you're combining your mortgage and rent and will save alot of $ on insurance, car, etc. Just sayin.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:59 AM

473 posts, read 1,578,807 times
Red face Huntersville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaziBear View Post
Jackie -

I may be wrong about this but I was there in December and I'm pretty sure I saw some places going up that offer live/work townhome units around NoDa or South End, and I think even in downtown Matthews. Depending on what kind of boutique you're goint to open, those areas could probably be great because the keep attracting more people each day, and then you're combining your mortgage and rent and will save alot of $ on insurance, car, etc. Just sayin.
I think there are some places like that around Huntersville, too. I don't think the airport would be too bad to get to from here.v
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte