Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 02:43 PM

29 posts, read 56,021 times

Advertisements

Well it looks like there is nothing currently available at Bexley, which is a shame as it was our first choice.

We are now also looking at Plantation Park. Has anyone heard anything about Plantation Park?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 09:03 AM

Excuse the bump, but has anyone heard anything about Plantation Park. Much appreciated.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:19 AM

Well, just want you all to know this weekend that we checked out:

Camden Ballantyne - very nice, staff seems on the ball
Crestmont at Ballantyne - great location, but the 2BR/BA available didn't fit our needs(ie. we wouldn't be able to fit our bedroom furniture in the master), plus they were more expensive than either of the Camdens
Plantation Park - nice, but was probably at the bottom of our list, I guess we just weren't "wow-ed"
Cheswyk - while the staff was extremely nice, the overall quality of the buildings just wasn't up to the Camdens and Crestmont, it was cheaper definitely, but when you throw in that your price at the Camdens includes Tim Warner Cable, it's not that much of a difference, we also read a lot of complaints online - almost all of the reviews for 2013 were extremely negative
Bexley - nothing available for a BR/BA currently
Promenade Park - nothing available for a BR/BA currently
Camden Stonecrest - and we have a winner! We went with Camden Stonecrest because of the quality of the buildings, the staff seemed accountable and friendly, the amenities looked nice, as I stated above the rent includes Time Warner with HBO and Valet Trash(something I did not know existed but something less to worry about), and it was just a shade cheaper than Camden Ballantyne

Thanks for the all the feedback and suggestions that everyone provided.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:19 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,181,346 times
[quote=darook;32658905 Valet Trash(something I did not know existed but something less to worry about), and it was just a shade cheaper than Camden Ballantyne.[/quote]

"Valet Trash" is in apartment complexes that don't have the room or permission to put dumpsters in multiple places around the property.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:46 PM

137 posts, read 385,928 times
How about the place where I live? Piper Station. It's not one of the larger complexes, but it's very livable. And the staff and maintenance are more than professional. I've lived here since Jan 2013 and will be renewing for another 12 months. U should really check the place out. They've renovated many of the vacant units. I have a 2BR/2BA and both Bathrooms are Full bathrooms. Most complexes rent you a 2BR with 1/1.5 baths for outrageous prices.

I've viewed Cheswyck before. I really like them. Great layout. It's within blocks from my Job @ BC Park Had my new address & everything. Was just about to sign on for 12 months. I was going to rent a 2/2 for $1,000, but I lucked up and was approved by Piper for MUCH less before I signed the lease (within 1 day).

One thing you WILL learn by living in Charlotte - building "quality" or the look of it means nothing, when it comes to maintenance! If they fail to maintain the inside, how are you going to be satisfied with just the outside? I will leave that up top you. I hope you enjoy your new apartment and your new move to Charlotte. We're neighbors...lol. well sort of. you're right up the street.

My complex has started Valet trash now too. The only thing they do is pick up your garbage from your door and take it to the dumpster.

Last edited by Gemini365i; 12-22-2013 at 10:04 PM..

Old 12-23-2013, 05:56 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini365i View Post
How about the place where I live? Piper Station. It's not one of the larger complexes, but it's very livable. And the staff and maintenance are more than professional. I've lived here since Jan 2013 and will be renewing for another 12 months. U should really check the place out. They've renovated many of the vacant units. I have a 2BR/2BA and both Bathrooms are Full bathrooms. Most complexes rent you a 2BR with 1/1.5 baths for outrageous prices.

I've viewed Cheswyck before. I really like them. Great layout. It's within blocks from my Job @ BC Park Had my new address & everything. Was just about to sign on for 12 months. I was going to rent a 2/2 for $1,000, but I lucked up and was approved by Piper for MUCH less before I signed the lease (within 1 day).

One thing you WILL learn by living in Charlotte - building "quality" or the look of it means nothing, when it comes to maintenance! If they fail to maintain the inside, how are you going to be satisfied with just the outside? I will leave that up top you. I hope you enjoy your new apartment and your new move to Charlotte. We're neighbors...lol. well sort of. you're right up the street.

My complex has started Valet trash now too. The only thing they do is pick up your garbage from your door and take it to the dumpster.
If apartment living is hell (your words), why do you live in an apartment?

Old 12-28-2013, 07:44 AM

137 posts, read 385,928 times
I said apartment living in East Charlotte is hell. Remember that thread was about East Charlotte...yeah. Not once did you hear me say I hated living in an apartment period.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:42 AM

26 posts, read 21,663 times
Can anyone recommend a good apartment in/near Ballantyne area for me. Just need a studio or 1 bedroom. Safe for a single lady to live. Hoping for rent around $700-750 monthly if at all possible.
I am currently out of state so can't really go to check anything out just yet.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:37 PM

286 posts, read 688,821 times
There are apartments all around Rea Road, Elm Lane/Pineville-Matthews, Ballantyne Commons, Ardrey Kell. I'm not sure of community names or pricing, but be careful of specials to lure you in, they may only be for the first year, and then you get hit with market rate increases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte