U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 09:40 AM

27 posts, read 94,954 times

Advertisements

Hi...I will be visiting in March and want to know if there are any reccomendations on good places to have lunch in South Park, Ballantyne or the University Area.

I plan on visiting all of these places to get a feel for the areas and figure while I'm visiting it would be great to stop off somewhere and get a bit to eat at a good local place....something that says Charlotte or maybe a place with an outside patio with nice scenery. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 09:56 AM

674 posts, read 607,121 times
The list is almost ridiculously long! So many places, so little time!

In SouthPark I like Village Tavern (nice patio), Maggianos, Cheescake Factory, Brio, Mazetti's (Charlotte SouthPark staple)
Ballantyne I like Firebirds for lunch, Cantina 1511, Miro Spanish Grille
University I like Chen's Bistro...there are also a lot of chains like Macaroni Grille if you are into that.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:23 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,726,828 times
If you are looking for good BBQ, I think you have to go outside of Charlotte. I have gone to all recommended places in town. A few weeks ago, I was driving from Charlotte to Ocean Drive (North Myrtle Beach) and stopped at a BBQ place in Wadesboro that was on the left hand side. I can't think of the name of the place but I will make it a point to go to the beach that way when I move to CLT. It was great and the first genuinely good BBQ I have found in my many searches.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:29 AM

On the left side of 74? Was it a hole in the wall? I am trying to think of where it could be because I don't think I have seen it. All I recall is that asian restaurant on the right....I would not mind stopping there if you remember the location or what's around it.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:36 AM

2,447 posts, read 6,655,235 times
Nevermind...

Last edited by NCgirl; 11-24-2007 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: Sorry...just trying to be helpful.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:37 AM

She specifically asked about SouthPark, Ballantyne and University areas. I guess after my post, we all got off track so let's steer this baby back on course.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:01 AM

27 posts, read 94,954 times
I appreciate all the suggestions and while I do love BBQ I don't think we'll have time to drive outside the main Charlotte areas although I have heard good things about Macs Speed Shop and Bubbas so maybe we will get to try those. Thanks again!

Old 11-24-2007, 02:33 PM
nik

58 posts, read 226,934 times
Mac's Speed Shop is a great place if you like BBQ!

Old 11-24-2007, 05:24 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,147,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfoofyfoo View Post
I appreciate all the suggestions and while I do love BBQ I don't think we'll have time to drive outside the main Charlotte areas although I have heard good things about Macs Speed Shop and Bubbas so maybe we will get to try those. Thanks again!

Also Bill Spoon's on S. Blvd. Nothing fancy, cash only, but fine que nonetheless.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:39 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,726,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
On the left side of 74? Was it a hole in the wall? I am trying to think of where it could be because I don't think I have seen it. All I recall is that asian restaurant on the right....I would not mind stopping there if you remember the location or what's around it.
It is a pretty good size diner. I looks like your typical N.C. BBQ joint. I am sure the smoker was in the back. Was plenty busy. I am sure it is well known in the town. Sorry I can't supply more information. I was following a friend down to O.D. from Clt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or