U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 11:38 PM
NDL

3,130 posts, read 3,612,932 times

Advertisements

I don't know Charlotte as well as some of the other posters here, but I agree with what's been said.

Perhaps Sardis Woods or Lansdowne (in CLT) might be in your price range? Matthews and Indian Trail are desirable areas, as is Indian Land (SC). Oakhurst (in CLT) might be another option to look at, though I am not certain about schools.

One other thing: I'd look at established neighborhoods first, before buying something new(er). Most of the middle class areas within Charlotte aren't going to be redeveloped anytime soon. But there are areas on the outskirts that I wouldn't buy in, for while current roadways are (nearly) adequate, the building frenzy will surely take it's toll.

I've lived in CLT, and now just outside of CLT. CLT property taxes are higher than surrounding areas, but the City offers a lot, in terms of services (and the low(er) cost of services - e.g. water); a great park system, great libraries. The area that comes closest to Charlotte's amenities is Matthews, and most of Matthews is safe. If it's in your price range, and suburban living is what you're after, Matthews is probably your best bet.

Good luck with your search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 06:45 AM

206 posts, read 315,073 times
Thanks!

Please forgive my ignorance; however, what is CLT?

Old 12-14-2013, 07:57 PM

16 posts, read 23,735 times
CLT = Charlotte

Old 12-16-2013, 11:52 AM

12,646 posts, read 13,896,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
Hello,

My family and I are looking into Charlotte as a possible relocation place. We are from New York City, and we are deciding between Charlotte and Raleigh (surrounding locations included). It's a tough decision.

We are looking for a four bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, at east 2200 square footage, and a top budget of 165k. It's our first home, and we do not want to spend beyond that amount. We've have seen many possibilities; however, we are now ready to zoom in into specific neighborhoods and we are looking for some suggestions for a safe, family friendly, and community focused type of neighborhoods with nearby parks. I don't mind driving 30-45 minutes to work.

Any ideas?
Easy search...looking in the system there's about 72 Homes that fit your description in Charlotte. Most of them are in the upper half (Geographically) of the City.

Charlotte is shaped like a spider web. Draw a line across the middle. On the right at 4:00 is Mint Hill, then the University at 2:00, NorthLake at 12:00, Mountain Island Lake and White Water at 10:00, and Mount Holly at 9:00.

Most of the homes that meet your criteria will be from Mint Hill to just on the other side of Northlake.
3:00 to 11:00

You can drive almost anywhere in 25-30 minutes, in fact at 45 minutes you'd be out of Charlotte because of the design of the roads.

Hope this helps!

Old 12-20-2013, 11:34 AM

Thanks! Mint Mill and Indian Trail are looking really good. I'll find out more about those locations next month.

Anything special in these two locations I should check out?

Old 01-07-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Thanks! Mint Mill and Indian Trail are looking really good. I'll find out more about those locations next month.

Anything special in these two locations I should check out?
Just bumping this thread. I am coming to visit toward the end of this month to check out Charlotte.

Another question I have is... Do you know of any local job listing sites for Charlotte that you could point me to?

Old 01-21-2014, 03:28 PM

Thanks a lot everyone for your suggestions. We saw a few houses in Indian Trail and Mint Hill. My wife and I really loved Indian Trail. We were undecided about moving to Charlotte, and I think we have made our choice!

Old 01-22-2014, 08:18 AM

6,032 posts, read 7,530,799 times
Quote:
Thanks a lot everyone for your suggestions. We saw a few houses in Indian Trail and Mint Hill. My wife and I really loved Indian Trail. We were undecided about moving to Charlotte, and I think we have made our choice!

Just a warning that commuting along 73 to Charlotte from Indian Trail will be a nightmare.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Just a warning that commuting along 73 to Charlotte from Indian Trail will be a nightmare.
Thanks for the heads up! - Traffic is my worst nightmare.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:27 PM

Well it's settled now. We'll be moving as soon as I find employment!

I appreciate the help from all of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte