Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 03:04 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,576,178 times

Advertisements

I'm taking my family to the Panthers-Jets game on Sunday and was thinking about extending the trip to include a Saturday night stay over to catch the Hornets-Lakers game. But the tickets on Stubhub aren't quite as affordable as I was hoping and was wondering if anyone had any experience buying same-day tickets. If so, do the prices drop measurably as a result of waiting for the last minute? Typically I wouldn't mind splurging a bit but the tickets for Sunday devoured my budget and so I need to work on the cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 03:24 PM

249 posts, read 499,757 times
Getting cheap tickets this late for a popular game like that will be a challenge. Scalpers are your best bet.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:09 PM

128 posts, read 242,386 times
For the typical games, I believe that you can get cheap tickets outside the arena. The Lakers is tough because they come once a year. If they announce that Kobe won't play that might drive down last second demand. If you had any interest in picking one of these mini packs of 4-5 games, I think the sales guys @ the Bobcasts can often get you Lakers or Heat tickets as part of the package if you call the Bobcats ticket department.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:26 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,808,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Typically I wouldn't mind splurging a bit but the tickets for Sunday devoured my budget and so I need to work on the cheap.
I hope you didn't pay over face value for the Panthers tickets. The Monday Night Football game was the only game this year where tickets have been over face value. Even after the Patriots victory tickets v Tampa were $25/each for 'uppers' an hour before kick-off.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:49 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,576,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megax View Post
I hope you didn't pay over face value for the Panthers tickets. The Monday Night Football game was the only game this year where tickets have been over face value. Even after the Patriots victory tickets v Tampa were $25/each for 'uppers' an hour before kick-off.
Unfortunately I have to have tickets in-hand before we make the drive as my wife doesn't trust the scalping process, particularly because we need four seats together. But is there pre-game scalping action for Bobcat tickets as well? That's a bonus thing for my kids so I'm willing to roll the dice with those.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:55 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,808,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Unfortunately I have to have tickets in-hand before we make the drive as my wife doesn't trust the scalping process, particularly because we need four seats together. But is there pre-game scalping action for Bobcat tickets as well? That's a bonus thing for my kids so I'm willing to roll the dice with those.
I understand.
There is plenty of pre-game scalping for the Bobcats and pricing is game-by-game depending on the opponent. Unfortunately for you this is the only game the Lakers play in Charlotte this year, so demand will be higher than normal. The cheapest tickets I can find on Craigslist are $50 each.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:44 AM

533 posts, read 936,491 times
Lakers are not really that good this year. lol interesting.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:22 AM

958 posts, read 1,725,001 times
Both are easy tickets to get before the start of the game.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:11 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,184,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megax View Post
I understand.
There is plenty of pre-game scalping for the Bobcats and pricing is game-by-game depending on the opponent. Unfortunately for you this is the only game the Lakers play in Charlotte this year, so demand will be higher than normal. The cheapest tickets I can find on Craigslist are $50 each.
There are a bunch of counterfeiters on Craigslist and/or outside the arena. Buy from a trusted source where you can either print the tickets or have them at will call for you.

The NBA resale site is TicketsNow run by Ticketmaster. They start at $32 each.

Charlotte Bobcats - NBATickets.com Resale Marketplace

Old 12-11-2013, 10:22 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,495,900 times
Kobe will most likely be playing so I wouldn't expect the prices of the tickets to drop on game day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte