Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 05:50 AM

137 posts, read 385,928 times

Advertisements

Really? Isn't that interesting that you know all about ME and I'm Black. Last I checked, I'm not working or have ever worked in a fast food restaurant. People have a choice in what they choose to do with their lives. An adequate grade-school level education can change all of that. When I was in the 3rd grade, we had this teacher named Mr. Sobers that was the 4th grade homeroom teacher. (R.I.P.) And he was white. Whenever a kid got out of line, he had a wooden paddle he would whoop the kids with in front of the class!
Most teachers in the 21st century are not qualified to be teachers. THAT IS A FACT!
A proper upbringing and having parents with values, who will kick the kids ass if he/she gets out of line from the time they come out of the hole. As a whole, this doesn't exist in MY community, anymore. I would say after 1981, it all went downhill BIG TIME! So people choose to go the easy route: a life of crime, drugs, streets, drinking, etc. It's all in the mind my friend.
And Southern values has nothing to do sittin your ass in church all Sunday long, because I know many people who go t Church who are on drugs, smoke, drink and hang out in the street, just like that Video showed.

By the way, being white is no picnic either. You can have all the money and education in the world, and white kids are still unhappy, and killing people in school. Why? Because they never were told no, had that ass whooped properly, and the 1st time they are told no, it becomes a problem and they wind up shooting everyone in the school! The parents are so obsessed with maintaining that high-rate lifestyle, they give the kids everything they want, no rules, discipline, or boundaries, just a bank account full of money. No love, no affection, no attention. Just ship em off to school while daddy makes the big money and the wife drives around in a nice Mercedes with her friends showing off. These kids have no other way to express themselves, because upholding that high class lifestyle just doesn't work in a childs world. But, oh-no this kind of talk is forbidden on TV, when it depicts Caucasians. But let it be a Black person and they have every piece of information on lil Ray-Ray up on that screen, with a BIG bold picture showing his brown skin. So, stop the crazy PRE-JUDGING!
By the way school murders are a crime, punishable by life in prison.
But it was 21st century white people who came out with this, oh you can't discipline your kids or kick their asses, because it's child abuse. Take the kids away... give em lollipops and gum, and they'll be alright!
And it's not about being bullied either. That's a front by the media! I went to school in the 80's and many other kids from the 60's on were bullied. And we never shot up the school.
The bully usually challenged his target to a duel at 3:00 and the bully usually always got their ass kicked!
But of course the 21st century experts say no fighting in our school. We don't want to hear your kids' problems. take it home to your parents. Again, NOT QUALIFIED!

White and Black people can live in peace and harmony, provided that they BOTH are families/individuals of value, who are working-class! I and other working-class black citizens live this way everyday here in the apartments in PiperGlen, a PRE-Dominantly WHITE neighborhood.

As black people, we have higher standards to uphold, because our white counterparts think so poorly of us, expecting that when they see us, we're going to mug em or snatch those cheap ugly pearls. When in reality it's just the opposite they should be afraid of! You won't see that on the news.

There's trash in all races and if you think that White people do not live in Low-income areas, you need to get out more buddy. I've only lived in Charlotte since 2011, and I've lived in almost every area, except West Charlotte. That just aint happnin'!
Don't get me started on the majority of people in Brooklyn who are collecting Section-8 and Welfare WITH INCOME. Hint, it ain't black people!

As someone said in some post, there is no hope for some of these people.

Last edited by Gemini365i; 12-28-2013 at 07:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 01:00 PM

645 posts, read 1,067,913 times
A+ Gemini! Except for most people in Brooklyn being Section 8 status. It's not most people, just many, and they're conspicuous in all colors!. It's just like Charlotte. Doesn't matter where you live, if you've got renters in the neighborhood, you stand the chance of having Section 8 neighbors. It's a racket.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:35 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,140 times
I've lived in east Charlotte for close to 20 years. The area has definitely gone down in some areas but gotten better in others. Plaza-Midwood used to be relatively run down; now it's a great area. The Eastland area has turned to crap. The schools here are not very good. If I wasn't able to get my kids into a magnet school then I'd move to a different part of town. The image of east Charlotte as a "bad" part of town is not wholly unjustified.

Old 12-29-2013, 12:56 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,977,206 times
My impression is the slummier areas of eastside have moved farther east. When I moved to Charlotte 11 years ago, it felt like from the Asian stores on Central (Masonic rd) over to WT Harris was a neglected area.

Now some of the neighborhoods beyond Eastway like Darby Acres, are showing re-investment. I suspect some people cannot afford the Plaza-Midwood area, but want to be fairly close to uptown, so they compromise.

But then I'm seeing more foreclosures and cheap rentals now in the eastern fringes of town, across WT Harris and out towards Pence road.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:04 PM

3 posts, read 10,370 times
We just moved from east charlotte. At the time my business was strictly mowing grass and people would cut the pull cords on my mowers and try breaking into my truck.

There are good areas of east charlotte but honestly crime is everywhere and if there's opportunity then there will be crime.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:56 AM

533 posts, read 935,787 times
East Charlotte is not necessarily bad, it's just somewhat abandoned. For some stupid reason, everyone wants to cram into SE Charlotte...lol so most businesses have moved there...

Old 01-06-2014, 05:36 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,320 times
More crime in East Charlotte and we're talking lots of it.
Look for yourself.

Crime Map | CharlotteObserver.com - Charlotte, North Carolina

Old 01-06-2014, 07:23 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,637,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
More crime in East Charlotte and we're talking lots of it.
Look for yourself.

Crime Map | CharlotteObserver.com - Charlotte, North Carolina
lots of it all over the city... lol.

Deeeeeetroit

seriously tho.. when you zoom in it doesn't look nearly as bad as the initial view. I'm on the other side of Independence by Mason Wallace and my area is relatively "clean"

Albemarle seems to be the biggest problem and that's where most of the apartment complexes are...

Old 01-26-2014, 02:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,470 times
I came to E. Charlotte when I was 10yrs old in 1996, used to be a nice middle class neighborhood, Eastland mall was the place to hang out, community was vibrate, but then came the section 8 homes and apartments, shortly after, drugs gangs and crime......I have never seen an entire region of a city change so quickly, it never changed for the better. And "yes" E.Charlotte is ghetto! The ones posting saying its not are just desensitized to there environment.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:02 AM

2 posts, read 3,470 times
I grew up, off Albermarle and Farm Pond, Eastway is bad , Grier Heights, Idlewild, Sugar Creek, East Harris, Hickory Grove, Central Ave, Esc.... where are these good parts of E.Charlotte again??? These are all very high crime areas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte