U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2013, 02:45 AM

2,119 posts, read 2,699,551 times

Advertisements

Can anyone comment on these Davidson subdivisions - i.e., look at feel, sense of community, proximity to amenities and downtown, home quality, safety, problems?

Davidson Pointe
Summers Walk
Bradford
Waterford on the Rocky River
Shiloh Village

Looking at subdivisions under 300K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 07:07 PM

488 posts, read 660,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post
Can anyone comment on these Davidson subdivisions - i.e., look at feel, sense of community, proximity to amenities and downtown, home quality, safety, problems?

Davidson Pointe
Summers Walk
Bradford
Waterford on the Rocky River
Shiloh Village

Looking at subdivisions under 300K.
Summers Walk is a Davidson address with a North Charlotte/Huntersville real address. As far from the town as possible. Finding true DAVIDSON wunder 300K will be very tough. I would look at Huntersville or Morresville in that price range

Old 12-23-2013, 02:00 PM

OK thanks.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:19 PM

3,416 posts, read 3,231,486 times
Shiloh Village and Waterford are the same. They have a Davidson address but are not in the actual town of Davidson. They do have good schools though in Cabarrus County. You could also look in Moss Creek or Skybrook North in the price range.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:53 AM

Bradford and Davidson Pointe both have homes under 300K. Is there something wrong with these communities?

Aside from that fact that they are not near Davidson town - can someone elaborate on the "far away" comment - are we talking 30 min, 45 min, 15 min - what are Summers Walk, Waterford and Shiloh Village like? Proximity to town was only one component. Are they nice communities? Amenities? Safe?

We don't have children so don't care about schools.

Thanks!

Old 12-24-2013, 08:16 AM

5,905 posts, read 7,761,456 times
The neighborhoods in that area are probably about 15 minutes from downtown Davidson. Probably also around 15 minutes to Birkdale area and the hospital in Huntersville. It is a little more rural around there than some of the other areas mentioned, although there is a grocery store and pharmacy nearby. If they're in Cabarrus County they would also have lower property taxes than Mecklenburg.

Bradford is closer to downtown Davidson but I'm not familiar with it. Not familiar with Davidson Pointe either but again doesn't look too far from downtown Davidson, and actually looks like those are in Iredell County with also lower taxes than Mecklenburg. Would be worth checking into what lake amenities they have, but not sure if you'd have any highway noise from 77 there. The lots look a little small in those neighborhoods but that's probably about what you'd get in that price range.

It just seems like downtown Davidson is what attracted you to looking at Davidson to begin with, so if you're not really close to the town center you might be happier with some of the Huntersville neighborhoods you were looking at.

Taking a quick look I see a couple homes in town (~1 mile from downtown) under $300K that may or may not appeal to you - 545 Jetton Street (doesn't look like it's in a subdivision) and 205 Faust Rd (Little Gate). Those are actually both under $250K - they're on the small side but updated.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:06 AM

Thanks!

Old 12-26-2013, 05:12 AM

Yes, our attraction to Davidson was/is the town.

I guess out thought process was (with Summers Walk, Waterford, Shiloh) - other than price - was since we can't afford to be in/near Davidson town, and having a newer house is on our wish list, why not one of these communities where we are equi-distant from both Huntersville and Davidson and can take advantage of both.

I guess we will have to see how rural they are, and how they "feel" vs. a Huntersville community.

One thing that I wanted to explore more about Summers Walk was the article I read in the Davidson News about SW residents being in an uproar over the Behavioral Health hospital being built nearby and a large parcel of land at the front of the community that is slated for 300-500 apartments.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:02 PM

One other subdivision we are looking at, although I know pickings are slim under 300K, is McConnell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte