Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 08:18 PM

4 posts, read 5,476 times

Advertisements

Hey, I'm looking for any suggestions on apartment complexes or good ways to find houses to rent in the noda or plaza midwood area. My lease is ending at the end of February, currently in the Ballantyne area, and I'm looking to get closer to the action and into a younger, more walkable neighborhood. My budget is tight, I'd like to keep it around $700 a month, but can do a little more for the right place. The $1000 apartments I've seen in the area are too much of a stretch.

It's just me (and a boyfriend who's always around/might end up moving in) so I'd prefer a place to myself, but could be open to a possible roommate situation if I were to go the house route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 05:48 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,354,518 times
No where for $700. At all.

I say uptown in 4th ward you may have better luck & cheaper prices

Old 12-26-2013, 06:02 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,289,526 times
I like the Plaza Midwood area myself, I drove around recently trying to find apartments but all I saw was homes. Maybe I drove down the wrong street?

Old 12-26-2013, 06:11 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,965,598 times
There are not that many apartments in the middle of Plaza-Midwood. You have to look around the edges, like along Commonwealth and Brier Creek roads.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:19 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,289,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_CLT View Post
There are not that many apartments in the middle of Plaza-Midwood. You have to look around the edges, like along Commonwealth and Brier Creek roads.
Thank you- I'll do that.

To the person who repped me and left a comment- please PM me...I agree with what you wrote. I'd just like more suggestions on what street to narrow my search to.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:15 PM

2 posts, read 2,466 times
$700.00 is living in a bad area or struggling area. Not recommended at all in Charlotte, maybe in smaller surrounding towns.

I have a friend that is seeking an apartment or home in the Charlotte area. He is having difficulty because he has a felony. What are some suggestions for him finding a place?

Thanks to all that respond in advance!

Old 12-27-2013, 07:25 PM

1,763 posts, read 3,279,502 times
If I had that low a budget, I would look to live in better areas with a roommate, no matter what my age.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:56 AM

I am currently in Ballantyne in my own apartment for $700 a month, so I know it's possible to get a nice place in Charlotte for that. I'm just trying to get closer to things I'd like to do.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_CLT View Post
Will check them out. Thanks!

Also I just saw the reputation comment someone sent me. Thank you. I definitely plan on driving around and exploring the areas/nearby to see what's out there once I get back from vacation. I'm ready to work at finding the right place, was just posting to see if anyone had experience in these areas or any recommendations to help narrow the search.

Thanks again to those that have been helpful, and to others who are looking.. good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: