U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2014, 08:17 PM

451 posts, read 609,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by First and Ten View Post
dont deflect….you made a claim that it was propaganda…..so i asked you point blank. I will ask it again. Is i your claim that redistricting will have no impact to property values? 2 choices, yes or no

go back to my posts….i have NEVER said property values or my property values were the MOST important thing. All i said was, they would be impacted….you seem to be calling it propaganda
Didn't deflect.

It's an unknown as appraisals/valuations are based on comps. And there have been very few comps since the caps and no comps based upon redistricting because it hasn't happened yet. And as a result who knows. Pure speculation, realtor hype. If one were such a psychic or realtor, one would have moved to a different subdivision when had the chance. Therefore speculation also known as propaganda.

If there are impacts are they short term (less than 7 years) or long term (longer than 7 years)?

A $60K decrease in the Cuthbertson area would represent how much of decline? How does that compare to 2010 values. How does it compare to 2007 values. Is it correlation or causation...

Old 01-26-2014, 08:19 PM

527 posts, read 638,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
Can we generalize anymore?

15% redistricted (and that number will go down), 85% not redistricted.

"Selfish attitude"? "A vast minority"?

Wait, wait $60k is involved.

The propaganda echo chamber is on full blast. Even more so now with PTO's deciding without votes, polling, surveys that they are against redistricting via newsletters. Hear the unchallenged FB community roar about numbers disproved on this thread and 2009 BoE redistricting goals quoted as fact by current BoE members only again to be contradicted here even before they were used. If that every happened in a real public or private company board meeting they would have been confronted and corrected immediately. Not the political circus that went on last Thursday because one adult wasn't there.

Copy, paste every FB # analysis or crazy conspiracy theories from whatever HOA or Angry Dad you want over here. And myself and others can objectively analyze them and point out the errors, weaknesses and usually tear them to shreds. Just post them back for the snowflake counting crowd, because if they can't see the forest through the trees, they obviously can't see above an inch of snow.
sorry Sunshine, but there is plenty of excellent analysis that can't be disputed or justified. A simple example, someone asked earlier why, if Parkwood is under capacity, are they currently using unheated trailers. That question wad dodged. Another example is the lame explanation by Webb as to why the analysis was only 5 years. I could go on and on but don't worry the truth will come to light. In Ellis' own words, "we were directed by the BOE to fill empty seats".

Not mention Mckibben himself questioning redistricting.

I find it funny that you continually call out FB posts. Are you friends with any of the BOE members on FB? At least a couple of them, cough cough cupcake, have really embarrassed themselves. But you won't talk about that because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:22 PM

141 posts, read 172,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
Didn't deflect.

It's an unknown as appraisals/valuations are based on comps. And there have been very few comps since the caps and no comps based upon redistricting because it hasn't happened yet. And as a result who knows. Pure speculation, realtor hype. If one were such a psychic or realtor, one would have moved to a different subdivision when had the chance. Therefore speculation also known as propaganda.

If there are impacts are they short term (less than 7 years) or long term (longer than 7 years)?

A $60K decrease in the Cuthbertson area would represent how much of decline? How does that compare to 2010 values. How does it compare to 2007 values. Is it correlation or causation...

Again, not a realtor, so i will put this out there….does school district have any impact on a houses appraisal/valuation?

Old 01-26-2014, 08:23 PM

103 posts, read 143,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxhawmom75 View Post
And the whole cupcake comment... Umm? I mean aren't people encouraging their kids to come to these meetings? I don't think the adults are behaving well enough to drag the kids along for the show.
While I did not agree with that outburst at least the person who mouthed those words actually educated themselves regarding the very words used by Mr. Stewart over a year ago to Luan Ingram who was the UCPS Communications Director. Karma is a b----.

Thanks to the person on an earlier post that provided us with the background information behind the "cupcake" remark. The Dichotomy of Suck It Up Cupcake » The Village Scribe

Old 01-26-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONYMETS View Post
A little off topic. But I'm amazed at how in all of Charlotte over 92,000 people have looks at this thread and over 1300 replies. Next closest thing was about 19,000 views people asking if Charlotte was boring.... Lmao. Come on down to Union county the excitement has only begun.
Just wait until next year for the AK, South Meck, Providence, Butler fight...

People are already prepping for that one.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:27 PM

98 posts, read 145,774 times
Quote:
Again, not a realtor, so i will put this out there….does school district have any impact on a houses appraisal/valuation?
Absolutely does.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:30 PM

141 posts, read 172,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONYMETS View Post
Absolutely does.

Sunshine, should i take GONYMETS answer on this or is he/she contributing to the "propaganda"?

Old 01-26-2014, 08:34 PM

103 posts, read 143,409 times
Quote:
Houses (comps) on street and working on out to neighborhood homes.

Below copied from Realtor.com:

To decide what to pay for a home (or what to sell yours for) it helps to look at comps – the recent selling prices of nearby homes that are of a similar size, age and condition. Be sure to look for homes very near to yours, not similar homes in different neighborhoods. Everything in the area – from proximity to shopping, quality of schools, crime rate and general neighborhood upkeep – figure into the market value of any given home.

What Can Negatively Affect House Values in My Area?

Plenty of things can lower home values in any given neighborhood:

Condition of the houses. Do your neighbors maintain their homes well, or are their lawns overgrown with weeds and their yards full of junk cars and decrepit appliances?

Condition of the streets. Does your city/county/homeowners association maintain your streets well, or are they pocked with potholes? Do they drain well during spring rains? Are they plowed frequently enough in the winter? Are there sidewalks or bike paths?

Crime. How does crime in your neighborhood stack up with rates around the city? Are the police responsive to problems? Do you have a Neighborhood Watch in place, showing that neighbors work together and take crime seriously?

Schools. How are test scores in the schools where your neighborhood’s kids go? (Remember, with constant school redistricting, sometimes the school around the corner is NOT the one where kids in your area go; they may have to go to another school.) Are the schools overcrowded? Are they old and in need of repair or expansion or updating? Are there discipline problems?

Zoning. Will all the neighborhood streets remain quiet, or does the city or county have plans to widen streets to accommodate more traffic – using your neighborhood as a path from one side of town to another? Will that block of decrepit homes nearby be redeveloped into pretty new houses, or will your city put a strip mall or convention center or low-income apartments there?

Old 01-26-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Over what time period?

Old 01-26-2014, 08:43 PM

98 posts, read 145,774 times
Quote:
Sunshine, should i take GONYMETS answer on this or is he/she contributing to the "propaganda"?
And you don't have to take my word for it. Ask your builder why it cost so much to build your house in your community? Their answer: because the property value is higher there. Why? Answer: because the county charges more in a desired area.. Desired you ask? Answer: they know the schools are why people want to live in certain areas. Just a fact and that's Nation wide not just here in union county. Being from NY and this might just give my age away but if anyone can remember Jamaica High in NY you know the history there it wasn't a school you wanted your children to go to. It's since then been shut down. Let's just ask everyone a simple question. And think quick on your answer. If you had a choice regardless of money. Would you go to Harvard university or Michigan community college ? And why? On your answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or