Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2014, 06:19 PM

141 posts, read 198,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
You pretty much did...
Actually i didn't, you are assuming you know where i am from….would you rather talk Cuthbertson - Parkwood? Would that make you feel better?

Old 01-29-2014, 06:37 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First and Ten View Post
Actually i didn't, you are assuming you know where i am from….would you rather talk Cuthbertson - Parkwood? Would that make you feel better?
You said you didn't want your "10" to become a "4." I did think you were talking about Cuthbertson/Parkwood originally but you clarified which surely made it sound like Weddington was "your 10."

I think it would make you feel better if you converted some of the time you've spent complaining on city-data in trying to put together a realistic plan to oppose the redistricting, which consists of more than just "I don't want my kid to go to a lower ranked school," "they're moving kids just to raise test scores," "build new schools ASAP," etc. etc.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
You said you didn't want your "10" to become a "4." I did think you were talking about Cuthbertson/Parkwood originally but you clarified which surely made it sound like Weddington was "your 10."

I think it would make you feel better if you converted some of the time you've spent complaining on city-data in trying to put together a realistic plan to oppose the redistricting, which consists of more than just "I don't want my kid to go to a lower ranked school," "they're moving kids just to raise test scores," "build new schools ASAP," etc. etc.

Don't you worry about me Phils, i got my bases covered….I just find it funny why you are so concerned what i am doing….whether i have a master plan or just babbling on city-data, why is it so important to you? With that screen name, i would be more concerned with that strikeout lug you have at first base and the tin man you have at 2nd (always did like Utley, but he can't stay healthy)

Old 01-29-2014, 06:51 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,389,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First and Ten View Post
So hypothetically i have a choice:

A) go to a school who's rating is 1/2 as good as my present school is 2-3 times further away and my property values decrease by about 15%

or

B) go to a school where the rating is virtually the same, maybe only 1 mile further away and my property values stay literally the same

hmmmmmmmmm….call me crazy, but i think i will go with choice B….but thats just me
Can always home school..

Old 01-29-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
Can always home school..
i would still choose option B

Old 01-29-2014, 07:09 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
So who's goin' slummin' in Marvin Tuesday Night to watch the show? Bring some red meat to calm the animals!

Old 01-29-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
So who's goin' slummin' in Marvin Tuesday Night to watch the show? Bring some red meat to calm the animals!

it will be good to see "Cupcake" again, looking forward to it

Old 01-29-2014, 07:30 PM

397 posts, read 664,491 times
Quote:

We know who she is, Phils. Not too terribly difficult to figure out ;-)

Old 01-29-2014, 08:32 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Seriously, though - I hope everyone keeps their cool Tuesday. If it gets out of hand, you may give them a reason to cancel the "cluster meetings" or other working sessions. Which would basically leave 1 more meeting until they vote. Be respectful, please.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:57 PM

98 posts, read 164,976 times
Funny thing is a couple of months ago the McKibbon report is held at Walter bicket development center roughly a couple of hundred people. Next up Monroe development center probably over 1000 then onto Monroe HS and now Marvin Ridge HS. I hear the final vote might be held at the Bojangels Arena lol. Just a little humor but goes to show that in the beginning I don't think many people took it serious. Now.... Seems like everyone of us woke up to see the reality of this. Maybe next time there won't be a next time. Meaning let's plan ahead before it's to late. Just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte