U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2014, 06:23 AM

985 posts, read 1,650,644 times

Advertisements

there you people go again...presenting facts
Did we not learn anything from doing this in the past?

Old 02-28-2014, 06:26 AM

985 posts, read 1,650,644 times
TooLogical....it is a very sad state of affairs that there was NO clapping (well maybe 2 people) NO cheering, NO even saying yes.

I guess we will continue to trip over dollars to pick up quarters on the road.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:30 AM

397 posts, read 518,768 times
I did clap for Kevin. He saw me do it Also...there were some Banshees to my right and they were on Aikmus as he finished his remarks. She said "Don't forget to bring the check for the 91 million Mr. Courageous" ...actually she screamed it. gotta give credit...

Old 02-28-2014, 06:32 AM

527 posts, read 636,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLogical View Post
One of the biggest things that bothered me last night was the adulation and cheers for Mr Aikmus. If you are a supporter of him only because of the $3M, it appears you have sold your soul.

It baffles me how many people cheered and shouted support for Aikmus last night to get the $3M, but didn't even acknowledge Stewart calling Aikums to task about the $91M.

If the $3M solves "their" problem, they could care less about the $91M that will solve everyone else's problem.
Were you at the meeting? I'm not sure what could be seen/heard on the feed but as Mr. Aikmus left the podium one woman screamed out something along the lines of "bring your checkbook for the $91m mr wonderful" (I'm sure I screwed that up but it was something like that).

After Mr. Stewart called out Mr. Aikmus he (Stewart) got a lot of applause.

I'd also like to say that this notion of "their" problem is ridiculous. Given some of the good discussion/debates in this thread I really expect more than those kind of statements.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:34 AM

527 posts, read 636,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raithfan View Post
I did clap for Kevin. He saw me do it Also...there were some Banshees to my right and they were on Aikmus as he finished his remarks. She said "Don't forget to bring the check for the 91 million Mr. Courageous" ...actually she screamed it. gotta give credit...
Yep that was it, Mr. Courageous.

You and I had to be within a few seats of each other. I was pretty close to her as well.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:37 AM

631 posts, read 736,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raithfan View Post
Great to hear Raithfan and thanks for adding that here. Give me some hope.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:45 AM

631 posts, read 736,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
Were you at the meeting? I'm not sure what could be seen/heard on the feed but as Mr. Aikmus left the podium one woman screamed out something along the lines of "bring your checkbook for the $91m mr wonderful" (I'm sure I screwed that up but it was something like that).

After Mr. Stewart called out Mr. Aikmus he (Stewart) got a lot of applause.

I'd also like to say that this notion of "their" problem is ridiculous. Given some of the good discussion/debates in this thread I really expect more than those kind of statements.
Thanks Mike,

No I had to watch it on the live stream. Thanks to you and raithfan for pointing that out. I couldn't hear that part.

My intent wasn't to be us vs. them comment, so sorry if it came out that way. I was trying to call out that many people are so focused on one issue impacting them, that they are missing the rest of the issues.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:46 AM

36 posts, read 46,477 times
Quote:
One of the biggest things that bothered me last night was the adulation and cheers for Mr Aikmus. If you are a supporter of him only because of the $3M, it appears you have sold your soul.

It baffles me how many people cheered and shouted support for Aikmus last night to get the $3M, but didn't even acknowledge Stewart calling Aikums to task about the $91M.

If the $3M solves "their" problem, they could care less about the $91M that will solve everyone else's problem.

May be people claiming to represent voice of Union County people were not there OR they get confused with mathematics or simple logic and thought $3M will solve all Union County problems but $91M is meaningless.

By they way, when i say all Union County people, i am referring to parents of 4800 students ( not even 5800 because i bet 1000 students who are being redistricted have no problem or haven't heard anything for that cluster movement). Because apparently, they think whatever they think is right for them, Entire county should fall in line with that. No matter what....

Old 02-28-2014, 06:46 AM

5,783 posts, read 8,417,724 times
Quote:

I agree and was cheering Stewart from my home watching the feed... Aikmus bought support from a very small group of selfish people who are new to this game. Anyone who gives the BOCC any "credit" is misinformed and being played for a fool - the BOCC is as late to this game as anyone who thinks they bought a house going to a specific school in a county based system.

As the reports start to come out on the shortfall next year for the county and more people begin to realize taxes are going up, they should fire everyone on that BOCC. Instead of truly caring about the schools and funding repairs they called the BOE drunken sailors, refused to give them any money, and intentionally went to court - where they resoundingly LOST... to the tune of $91m. The BOE was asking for a FRACTION of that to repair schools and the BOCC told them to pound salt.

So now while we're paying for the BOCC's arrogance, we have to watch cheers for Aikmus wasting MORE millions on trailers so his neighbors can play in the band at the same school? REALLY?... REALLY?!

All this BOCC knows how to do is waste your tax dollars folks... Get informed.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:52 AM

397 posts, read 518,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
Yep that was it, Mr. Courageous.

You and I had to be within a few seats of each other. I was pretty close to her as well.
..I was in the same row...4 down from her.

Mike, just me or a light turnout? Lot's of empty seats. I will post a photo later.

See you Monday Mike! I'll wear my Raith cap (they are a soccer team from Scotland in case ANYONE EVER wondered..ugh)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or