U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 07:31 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,141,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
And the BoCC are angels who can do no wrong, are never disingenuous or misleading.

Oh please.
No they are a bigger bunch of assclowns. The BoE are just simply egotistical incompetent clowns.
All 14 of them need to be run out of town and we get some real leadership in the county. Of course I've been saying that for 20+ years and it hasn't happened yet.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:31 PM

189 posts, read 275,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut to the chase View Post
I bet the number is at a decent amount e elem children should go to the school their parents teach but why should they get the spots otherwise when we all have heard that the other schools are just as good. Middle schoolers and high school students should attend their designated schools. The ones I know of are from Parkwood.
You should research that...put it in the lawsuit.

I mean what, with all the perks and benefits and the outrageous salaries of teachers.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:32 PM

527 posts, read 635,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
And the BoCC are angels who can do no wrong, are never disingenuous or misleading.

Oh please.
huh? Who said anything about the BoCC? I don't think I've ever once mentioned them in this thread... but nice deflection.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whxwlvr View Post
Which speaks even more to the fact that if we saw this coming, why didn't savage and hodges? Why weren't they prepared?
I suspect this came from the 4:00p facilities meeting that neither Hodges nor Savage were party too. I don't thing either knew. Marce walking wasn't the right thing to do, but I don't think they saw this coming.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
I suspect this came from the 4:00p facilities meeting that neither Hodges nor Savage were party too. I don't thing either knew. Marce walking wasn't the right thing to do, but I don't think they saw this coming.
Well that's just horrible...she really blew it. If I'd spent the last few months in her camp I'd be very upset that she wasn't able to reign in her emotions.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:37 PM

22 posts, read 28,527 times
My point is if the home cluster are as good as those who say they are, why aren't their children attending their home schools? Seems to me that they would appreciate the teaching staff at other schools. A UCPS official has his son attending Cuthbertson when he works in Monroe and lives in the Parkwood cluster. Just giving one example. He's not even a teacher.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:40 PM

451 posts, read 607,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
huh? Who said anything about the BoCC? I don't think I've ever once mentioned them in this thread... but nice deflection.
Let's agree that we are probably never going to agree with each other on any UCPS issue.

But I think we can both agree that we are all screwed with the BoCC, right?

Old 03-04-2014, 07:41 PM

397 posts, read 578,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
So disappointed in Savage.

The problem with both her and Hodges was their all or nothing attitude... I respect and appreciate that they spoke up but there was no room, in their minds, for negotiating a smaller deal. Ultimately this alienated them from the lackeys in Yercheck's back pocket.

Yeah, I felt bad for Hodges sitting there all alone voting for what she believed in!! Just seemed really crappy and wrong. Is anyone happy with the grandfathering of sitting high school students? I thought that was a really great addition to all of this. And I know that many were obviously (and still will be) upset about the redistricting. That is no secret. But I think high school is so important. To give kids that chance to stay (to ME) is huge.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut to the chase View Post
My point is if the home cluster are as good as those who say they are, why aren't their children attending their home schools? Seems to me that they would appreciate the teaching staff at other schools. A UCPS official has his son attending Cuthbertson when he works in Monroe and lives in the Parkwood cluster. Just giving one example. He's not even a teacher.
You're right, his wife is a principal in the cluster which means they are eligible to keep their son in that cluster. Most teachers bring their kids to their cluster for convinience, not school performance.

At this point it doesn't really matter though, does it?

Old 03-04-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whxwlvr View Post
Well that's just horrible...she really blew it. If I'd spent the last few months in her camp I'd be very upset that she wasn't able to reign in her emotions.
Doesn't matter, didn't matter from the jumpstreet. This was baked long before the first Facebook page ever got created. She didn't blow anything. I don't agree that she should have walked, but I can see the reasoning. I'd be more upset if I was in the pro-forced busing faction with Pigg (and who ever wrote his script) and realize that they didn't get everything that the so desperately wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or