U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2014, 03:56 AM

527 posts, read 636,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINYTransplant View Post
They made a great argument at MR two weeks ago I believe. 30-40 homes in built-out subdivision with I believe 20 students or less living 1/10 of a mile away from Silver Creek subdivision that will continue to attend the CHS cluster. Have no idea if they proposed an amendment to a BOE member.
The problem with Berkshire is that it would have been hard for the BOE to move them back in without having to move the line all the way to Billy Howey and they weren't about to do that.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:24 AM

5,869 posts, read 7,701,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONYMETS View Post
Not sure why you have to bring my name into this? I stopped posting awhile ago because I figured there was not much I could do about any of this. I still go to the meetings just to stay informed . The only thing that upsets me is that it seems like everyone wants to blame my community. As if it's our fault. The only thing I can say is the layout of this community was planned in 2007. There fore they knew they would need a school if the economy stayed as it were. Do cuthbertson was built and opened in 2009. Now it seems everyone is surprised we are able to stay?? With all the research that everyone did nobody knew about this?? I think not. Everyone just cared about their own a$$ and just wanted a scapegoat and threw this community under the bus. Finally I do feel for EVERYONE that is affected regardless of my situation. It isn't fair to anybody. But you need to leave me out of it. thank you
So no protests then?

Old 03-06-2014, 06:30 AM

98 posts, read 145,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
So no protests then?
Not for me... I have a family and don't need to go to jail. At this point it's getting out of hand. There are better ways to handle things without the fighting and screaming. I've learned the best approach is to keep calm and have a clear head and be logical about things. Did you ever yell at someone and get your way?? Be reasonable and calm and you might get someone to listen to what you have to say. I don't think this is over by any means but we all need to try and help the situation not make it worse. Someone posted just recently that a house is a house. We all have 20+ yr mortgages so I'm not really going anywhere soon. Unless you are having your child graduate and your off to retire in Hawaii. I would think that in 10 or so years our houses will still have a value. Let's focus on our children's education and help them succeed in the real world instead of putting other people and schools down. Incomes are different all over I get that. But we don't live in a 3rd world county where you have to worry about crossing the street. This is Union county and happens to be a very nice area no matter where you live. Some people might not like one another and I say "Some" because it's not all. But we inflict that to ourselves when we bash and name call others that don't have what you might have. I've been doing a lot of thinking and listening to some here and realizing there are other ways to go about things and not be so hateful of others. Just my opinion. Where ever anybody winds up let's focus on fixing the schools that need it so all of union county education will be equal across the board. And all schools will be a safe environment for our children. Just saying .......

Old 03-06-2014, 06:57 AM

397 posts, read 518,386 times
Quote:
Not for me... I have a family and don't need to go to jail. At this point it's getting out of hand. There are better ways to handle things without the fighting and screaming. I've learned the best approach is to keep calm and have a clear head and be logical about things. Did you ever yell at someone and get your way?? Be reasonable and calm and you might get someone to listen to what you have to say. I don't think this is over by any means but we all need to try and help the situation not make it worse. Someone posted just recently that a house is a house. We all have 20+ yr mortgages so I'm not really going anywhere soon. Unless you are having your child graduate and your off to retire in Hawaii. I would think that in 10 or so years our houses will still have a value. Let's focus on our children's education and help them succeed in the real world instead of putting other people and schools down. Incomes are different all over I get that. But we don't live in a 3rd world county where you have to worry about crossing the street. This is Union county and happens to be a very nice area no matter where you live. Some people might not like one another and I say "Some" because it's not all. But we inflict that to ourselves when we bash and name call others that don't have what you might have. I've been doing a lot of thinking and listening to some here and realizing there are other ways to go about things and not be so hateful of others. Just my opinion. Where ever anybody winds up let's focus on fixing the schools that need it so all of union county education will be equal across the board. And all schools will be a safe environment for our children. Just saying .......
GoNYMETS....great comment. Great attitude. We could use more like you

Old 03-06-2014, 07:53 AM

103 posts, read 143,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
The problem with Berkshire is that it would have been hard for the BOE to move them back in without having to move the line all the way to Billy Howey and they weren't about to do that.
I could be mistaken but I thought that was the last subdivision before Bill Howey cutoff.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:56 AM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,823,696 times
Quote:
Here, here!

One thing I have learned from all this is that our children and our schools need all of us to pull together to make all schools better. And for those parents saying "me, me and mine, mine," I feel so sorry for you and your children. Someone posted the end of the meeting with parents "acting out" and my husband said, "I hope none of their children are coming to our school." Our neighborhood may be a lot of things; but uncivilized is not one of them. If your children act like you; we will teach them better, more civilized, behavior.

Some of you also need to learn the difference between "you're" and "your."

It is my opinion when people look to the courts to solve their problems; the only winners are the lawyers. It is also my opinion that some of you have already cost this county enough trouble and money. If you don't like it here; would you like us to help you pack?

Last edited by NCN; 03-06-2014 at 08:15 AM..

Old 03-06-2014, 08:28 AM

2,155 posts, read 3,369,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINYTransplant View Post
I could be mistaken but I thought that was the last subdivision before Bill Howey cutoff.
Belair is a small subdivision between Berkshire and Billy Howey.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:29 AM

2,082 posts, read 3,566,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Here, here!

One thing I have learned from all this is that our children and our schools need all of us to pull together to make all schools better. And for those parents saying "me, me and mine, mine," I feel so sorry for you and your children. Someone posted the end of the meeting with parents "acting out" and my husband said, "I hope none of their children are coming to our school." Our neighborhood may be a lot of things; but uncivilized is not one of them. If your children act like you; we will teach them better, more civilized, behavior.

It is my opinion when people look to the courts to solve their problems; the only winners are the lawyers. It is also my opinion that some of you have already cost this county enough trouble and money. If you don't like it here; would you like us to help you pack?
Do you mean: hear, hear...

Hear, hear vs. here, here - Grammarist

Old 03-06-2014, 08:36 AM

5,783 posts, read 8,411,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Here, here!

Look at the nice Southern Bell telling others how to raise their kids, correcting grammar, and then rudely telling them to get out. Well done. You are a fine example of the pompous old timer attitude that is wrong with this county's government.

BTW - you're commending GONYMETS and you don't realize he just changed his tune because he was amended back into Cuthbertson. If that didn't happen, he would be singing a very different tune. Misinformed and easily fooled, too.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:42 AM

527 posts, read 636,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeykid View Post
btw - you're commending gonymets and you don't realize he just changed his tune because he was amended back into cuthbertson. If that didn't happen, he would be singing a very different tune.
exactly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or