U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2014, 08:46 AM

527 posts, read 636,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINYTransplant View Post
I could be mistaken but I thought that was the last subdivision before Bill Howey cutoff.
On the south eastern end of the new lines the Cuthbertson cluster cutoff is where Shannon Road meets Pleasant grove. It then cuts up between Berkshire and Silver Creek. If they were to move the line to include Berkshire I'm guessing they would have had to move it down Pleasant Grove to Billy Howey and that would bring a whole lot more neighborhoods into play.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:48 AM

5,783 posts, read 8,412,612 times
It will be interesting to see if the momentum can be kept up through the next BOE meeting and upcoming elections. I'm certain the 3.5 amigos (I give Pigg half an amigo) from the facilities committee are counting on it fizzling out. All the power relative to the redistricting is within that small group... I've called it the least transparent part of this whole process since it went to them after the caps last year. And that's saying a lot when you think of the transparency as a whole. They are very clearly running the show with what comes out of that committee - they decide what the board votes on... which is in reality, they decide what the board approves. Period.

2 of the 4 sitting on the facilities committee are up in November - unless those 2 change, nothing changes.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:53 AM

5,783 posts, read 8,412,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
On the south eastern end of the new lines the Cuthbertson cluster cutoff is where Shannon Road meets Pleasant grove. It then cuts up between Berkshire and Silver Creek. If they were to move the line to include Berkshire I'm guessing they would have had to move it down Pleasant Grove to Billy Howey and that would bring a whole lot more neighborhoods into play.
You're giving them waaaay too much credit Mike... you're thinking about it logically, they are not. They can do anything (or nothing) they want with 5 votes.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:54 AM

98 posts, read 145,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Here, here!

One thing I have learned from all this is that our children and our schools need all of us to pull together to make all schools better. And for those parents saying "me, me and mine, mine," I feel so sorry for you and your children. Someone posted the end of the meeting with parents "acting out" and my husband said, "I hope none of their children are coming to our school." Our neighborhood may be a lot of things; but uncivilized is not one of them. If your children act like you; we will teach them better, more civilized, behavior.

Some of you also need to learn the difference between "you're" and "your."

It is my opinion when people look to the courts to solve their problems; the only winners are the lawyers. It is also my opinion that some of you have already cost this county enough trouble and money. If you don't like it here; would you like us to help you pack?
Although I like the beginning of your response... This is what I'm talking about.. Saying "we will teach them better" comment and the helping you pack one as well is where I disagree. That's what fuels the fire with people. I really don't think that was necessary to make those comments. I'm a transplant here so I'm not a native. But I do care about making things right. The north and south fought for years but I thought that was over many years ago. Things change and people change. But we need to give it a chance because as long as we don't and continue to hate each other nothing will ever change. I've learned a lot about southern life and people since I've been here from 2006. We all had our opinions at one time but I like it here a lot and like most people as well. Some will be rude but we can over come that if we choose to. Again just my opinion. Im sure your not a hateful person.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:22 AM

98 posts, read 145,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Look at the nice Southern Bell telling others how to raise their kids, correcting grammar, and then rudely telling them to get out. Well done. You are a fine example of the pompous old timer attitude that is wrong with this county's government.

BTW - you're commending GONYMETS and you don't realize he just changed his tune because he was amended back into Cuthbertson. If that didn't happen, he would be singing a very different tune. Misinformed and easily fooled, too.
Let me correct both of you and your other Mike buddy. I was never amended to Cuthbertson. So there is a lot you don't know about me or where I live. When I moved here my kids went to marvin then switched to Cuthbertson. One started in 09 high and the other in middle. One was the first full term grad class of high and my 2nd would be the first full middle and high grad. So with 2 yrs left I was hoping that could be accomplished that's all. But through all this I have changed my opinion on a lot of things. So you and your buddy shouldn't make a comment unless you actually know me. And that could be arranged if you would like? Maybe someday your opinions will change as well. I'm trying maybe you'll give it a shot.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:17 AM

985 posts, read 1,649,893 times
Why do people think they are unwelcome at their current school?Where did this come from? The school did not ask them to leave.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:47 PM

103 posts, read 143,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
Belair is a small subdivision between Berkshire and Billy Howey.
Gotcha...thanks.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
It will be interesting to see if the momentum can be kept up through the next BOE meeting and upcoming elections. I'm certain the 3.5 amigos (I give Pigg half an amigo) from the facilities committee are counting on it fizzling out.
2 of the 4 sitting on the facilities committee are up in November - unless those 2 change, nothing changes.
I don't see it happening. The access and ability to utilize social media won't allow it to happen. People are energized very much in the same way locally as they were nationally prior to the 2010 national midterm elections. Unfortunately the three at large positions are not up until 2016 but I can almost guarantee that two of those three members will be done after the votes are counted on that Tuesday evening.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:03 PM

148 posts, read 417,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINYTransplant View Post
I don't see it happening. The access and ability to utilize social media won't allow it to happen. People are energized very much in the same way locally as they were nationally prior to the 2010 national midterm elections. Unfortunately the three at large positions are not up until 2016 but I can almost guarantee that two of those three members will be done after the votes are counted on that Tuesday evening.
Sherry Hodges' At Large Seat is up this year. It will be interesting to see if she chooses to run again for the BOE should she not make it past the BOCC primary race.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West&East View Post
Sherry Hodges' At Large Seat is up this year. It will be interesting to see if she chooses to run again for the BOE should she not make it past the BOCC primary race.
Yes, my oversight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or